Port forwarding/coned opened NaT/OS

Discus and support Port forwarding/coned opened NaT/OS in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello Folks ! My name is Justin and i am a xbox insider currently running the Delta preview system xbox series S. On November 2021 , i encountered a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MrFraG07, Jan 20, 2022.

1. /u/MrFraG07
    /u/MrFraG07 Guest

Hello Folks !

My name is Justin and i am a xbox insider currently running the Delta preview system xbox series S.

On November 2021 , i encountered a huge problem where my xbox would get disconnected from my router every 30-45 min or hour whenever i played an online game. I would get a huge lag spike (seeing online characters begining to walk in the void indifinitely like everybody's controllers would get disconnected at the same time). The internet connection would stop for 15 seconds , just enough so i get kicked of the game , get kicked of party chats , etc.

With further research and unfruitfull interactions and troubleshooting with xbox support , i was able to determine that i needed to port forward. I did and it didnt fix anything at all. Every nights around 7-11 pm i would get disconnected like crazy while my roommate (Who be in the same lobby and on the same router than me) would not get disconnected , ever !

However , during the holidays (december) i didnt have any problems whatsoever. It thought the problem was gone by itself.

2 days ago , january 2022, xbox received a new system update and the problem began to resurface.

The only thing that is out of the ordinary (and i dont know what it means) is that my open NaT is "under a cone" ???? Apparently it has something to do with ports but everytime i research about it , i stumble accross forums online with people who use networking slang that is WAYYYY too technical , even for my technofile nature.

I dont know what to do anymore , Factory reset did nothing , port forwarding did nothing either. The only thing i didnt try is wiring my connection.

For those who are asking themselves my connection specs : download speed-146.93mbps, Upload speed-118.36mbps, packet loss- 0%, MTU-1480, latency-34ms, wireless strenght-100%.

Im posting this here because xbox support isnt able to help me AT ALL. Ive reported the problem to the xbox team trough insider , if anyone has some information on the subject OR knows a fix ... Any help is appreciated.

Stay safe and game hard fellow gamers !!!

submitted by /u/MrFraG07
    [link] [comments]

/u/MrFraG07, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Malacath Win User

Behind a cone NAT

A cone NAT is normal.

To open the NAT in call of duty you need to forward port 3075.

COD doesn't use the standard xbox live ports.
  3. Malacath Win User

NAT cone issues.

A cone NAT is normal

What game are you trying to play?

Not all games use the same Network port as xbox live so you can have an open NAT on the dashboard but your NAT in the game could be moderate or strict.

For instance COD requires port 3076 and Destiny port 1200 to be forwarded either by UPnP or port forwarding to get an open NAT.
  4. Four-Channel Win User

Console won't connect

Are your ports forwarded for both consoles? Is your NAT Open? Full Cone NAT Enabled? Try turning off the other console then try connecting, if your console connects then your NAT issue involves connections through your Gateway, contact your ISP to open your
    NAT to Full Cone.
  5. Shoerah Win User

Strict NAT type

Bumper thing worked for me and I got the following message for my NAT:

Your network is behind a cone NAT

Did a couple searches and found something suggesting to port forward port 16000. Did that and now I'm showing my NAT as Open...
  6. jmcode Win User

Xbox One Settings and CoD: Ghosts showing different NAT settings

COD Ghosts uses non-standard ports. To get open NAT in Ghosts, you must manually forward the following additional ports:

3075 TCP and UDP

3076 TCP and UDP

Cone NAT is good, so don't worry about that.
Thema:

1. Port forwarding/coned opened NaT/OS - Similar Threads - Port forwarding coned

2. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: Should I even worry about port forwarding if I have 1200mbps internet. Can port forwarding stabilize gaming when the internet itself gets congested? dedcb9dd-cafb-430b-8c24-7527d8af1807
  3. Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding: Hi, I'm trying to find the port for XCloud but I couldn't find one. The only one i found was the port for Xbox Consoles. Is there a list for port anywhere that I could've missed ? Thanks in...
  4. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  5. How do I set up port forwarding?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I set up port forwarding?: How to set up port forwarding? b1c136b4-29fe-4b39-8d9a-9878be3eb7a9
  6. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: I know port forwarding needs to be done in some cases. My question is, 1. if I have 2 consoles in my house, how do I forward them on the same network to the same ports? I know the ports ports...
  7. open wrt port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    open wrt port forwarding: Hello. When port forwarding on my Open wrt box, Do I have to have a different external port and internal port. is it 88 udp for both external port and internal port, or should I forward them to...
  8. Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X: I recently tried manually setting up port forwarding for my series X. After setting it up I tested my network through the Xbox and it was all good, open NAT, no issues. Then I activated my...
  9. A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.: Recently I have been struggling with the nightmare inducing ultra hellhole that is port forwarding to host a server for Foundry Virtual Table top. And then, While undergoing having my brain dunked...
  10. nat type not turning open even after port forward

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat type not turning open even after port forward: so i made the ipv6 from secured to open,upnp has been on,i port forwarded all 7 ports,under lan setup i put Address Reservation for the series x ip. and it is still no IPV6,no UPNP,nat moderate....