Popping/Crackling Noise Using Xbox Series X when Headphones Plugged into Wireless Controller

Discus and support Popping/Crackling Noise Using Xbox Series X when Headphones Plugged into Wireless Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried different headphones and different controllers and still experience the issue. I have updated the controller software and the Xbox is up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ted Dixon, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Ted Dixon
    Ted Dixon Guest

Popping/Crackling Noise Using Xbox Series X when Headphones Plugged into Wireless Controller

I have tried different headphones and different controllers and still experience the issue. I have updated the controller software and the Xbox is up to date. I have always experienced this, but have put up with it. I'm finally annoyed enough to post something as I didn't find any answers. Does anyone else experience this or know a solution?

:)

Ted Dixon, Oct 10, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Ted, in addition to the normal procedures you have already performed, have you tried to reverse the firmware of the control?

If you haven't tried it yet, follow the procedure below.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Also try to do a console reset by keeping games and Apps.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > system > console > system

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note - You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. kev edin Win User

Wired versus Wireless Controllers/Headsets

My elite controller is wireless I get good battery life. But my headphones are wired , no crackle or pop đź‘Ť
  4. XThund3rBuddy7X Win User

3.5 mm port problem

Here is the weird thing though, when I plug in my apple headphones, it makes that pop noise. Like whenever you plug it in and you hear the noise go through the headphones.
  5. GerbenS_1980 Win User

Xbox series x sound popping and crackling

Im a little late to the party here, I have the same issue, many have the same issue.

Crackling and pops, fairly rarely but it’s definitely there.

This started happening right out of the box, brand new.

It became a lot less after one or two of the updates the series X has had since roughly June actually.

However.. it goes away like 99% if you use your controller wirelessly. (When you use a headphone for example on the controller)

Its present when wired though, I personally think the culprit is in whatever protocol is being used for wired audio and wireless.
  6. StolenStream31 Win User

Xbox One X wireless/headphone problems

So I recently moved into a dorm at college and brought my xbox one x with me. Before I bought it, I owned a headphone/mic for my original xbox one which worked for years. Right before I moved to college, i experienced very minimal audio popping that seldom
    occurred. But once I began using my headphones at college, the popping became so bad that i couldnt take it and trashed my headphones. Now, I had it hooked up to my wireless controller which I had since my original xbox one. I figured it was just my headphones
    being old but I JUST bought a new pair and experienced popping on the same controller. I was so confused, so I dug out my old headphones I threw away and tried them on my black controller that came with my xbox one x, still popped. I have a see-through wired
    afterglow xbox one controller that, when plugged into the headset, didnt pop as much, but still popped. So I threw them away again. As for my new headphones, i did the same experiments, but with my wired controller - which I've had for a few years now and
    bought for my original xbox one - there (SO FAR) has not been ANY audio issues whatsoever.

Could it be that my wireless controllers are experiencing wireless connectivity issues becuase my dorm is filled with wireless frequencies (there are at least 10 wifi broadcasts at a time in the dorms, plus my smart TV also broadcasts wifi right next to
    my xbox and is almost touching it, although my controller is only an inch away from the xbox so I thought wireless problems would be impossible)?

Also it only happened once but my wireless controller randomly disconnected and began blinking and I had to take the batteries out and reconnect it for the controller to properly respond to controls (the batteries were brand new). On a side note I also cleaned
    the audio jacks of all my controllers and that didnt help. So should I purchase a non off-brand wired controller and use that for headphone use instead of wireless controllers? Do you think once I move out of college, I could use my headphones with a wireless
    controller as long as there isnt too much wifi frequency colliding? Or could my xbox one x's NIC be faulty?
    i don't think consoles support headphones since they are plugged into a TV for both audio and video
Thema:

1. Popping/Crackling Noise Using Xbox Series X when Headphones Plugged into Wireless Controller - Similar Threads - Popping Crackling Noise

2. Can you add the pop player app on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you add the pop player app on xbox: Hey xbox can you please add the pop player app on microsoft store please 362c070b-c143-4730-97c9-38c8f9805a36
  3. Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games

in XboX Insiders
    Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games: . submitted by /u/Evening-Argument3746 [link] [comments]
  4. Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...: Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a screenshot of the issue but it won't let me send it and the problem is on the app on my computer!...
  5. I have a network setup it pops in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a network setup it pops in and out: What does it mean when it says a network is not setup but I have one setup? 317bffea-92f9-42bb-b48e-6a7f41161174
  6. I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...: I tried opening a Setup to install some games but I keep getting this external exception error c0000006. Also when I try to activate my windows, the settings just freezes. Any solution on how to...
  7. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  8. Got a message pop up with suspension but I've done nothing the only person I've messaged is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Got a message pop up with suspension but I've done nothing the only person I've messaged is...: Got a message pop up with suspension but I've done nothing the only message I've sent is to a close friend I've not posted in in-game chat so I don't know what I have done to get this ban. No...
  9. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  10. Crackling popping and snapping in headsets when using xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Crackling popping and snapping in headsets when using xbox: I have an Xbox series s and from time to time my audio will pop and snap, and when it does it I restart MAC address, and it fixes it. But now, it isn’t fixing it. It isn’t my headset or controller...