Poor quality remote play streaming - Xbox

Discus and support Poor quality remote play streaming - Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have the also the same problem but not as bad as thiese pictures, but it is realy poor, I am used to playing on my laptop... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EirikHaga, Nov 25, 2022.

1. EirikHaga
    EirikHaga Guest

I have the also the same problem but not as bad as thiese pictures, but it is realy poor, I am used to playing on my laptop with google stadia with 1440p resolution and it is fantastic. Now that stadia is shutting down I have puchased a Xbox Series X in hope of a good alternative, but 720p-1080p playing from my own hardware in the same house on the same network is so werry poor and useless

I used to play remote play remote play on my xbox one 1gen to laptaop back in 2015 and the image quality is almost the same now, we are now entering 2023, microsoft common please make a better app for playing local on same network as xbox series x is connected to.

I am not talking about cloud gaming here that is ok as it is. I am talking about an app for local play, it should be possible to stream 4k or 1440p no problem over local lan to laptop or mobile phone that support 1440p

Hope this will be proven oppon in 2023

:)

EirikHaga, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello EirikHaga,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Thanks for bringing this concern to our attention. Based on your description you are getting poor quality of remote play on your laptop. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

For us to better understand your concern, we would like to ask for few things:

1. Please post a screenshot of the remote play quality and conceal any personal information.
    2. Please post a screenshot of the local play quality and conceal any personal information.
    3. What issues did you encountering on streaming 4k?
      • On laptop:
      • On mobile:
    4. What issues did you encountering on streaming 1440p?
      • On laptop:
      • On mobile:
    5. Do you mind sharing more details about your concern?
    6. Have we sent a report to Team Xbox about this?
    For playing remotely, it is best to say that we should at least meet the minimum system requirements to start gaming. That is why we would like to ask for more detailed information about your concern. Thread: How to set up remote play | Xbox Support

Minimum system requirements

[table][tr]AppsThere are a couple ways to play Xbox console games remotely:
    • Xbox app for mobile
    • Xbox app for Windows
    For mobile app setup details, go to: All about the Xbox mobile appIf you don’t have the Xbox app for Windows installed, it’s free in the Microsoft Store: Get the app[/tr][tr][td]Xbox consoleXbox One or later consoles need to be configured for and connected to the Xbox network.Note If you're having trouble connecting to the Xbox network, see “Get help with remote play” below.[/td][/tr][tr][td]OS version
    • Android 6.0 or later
    • iOS 13 or later
    • Windows 10/11
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]Bluetooth
    • Bluetooth 4.0 and greater
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]Internet connection
    • 7-10 Mbps
    • Connected to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network (a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network will work but isn’t currently optimized)
    • Cellular network connectivity is also available
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]Controller and inputs
    • We recommend using an Xbox Wireless Controller connected via Bluetooth or a USB cable. Mouse and keyboard and touch are currently not supported for remote play gaming.
    • The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 isn't currently compatible with iOS.
    Note Depending on your device manufacturer, wired controllers may or may not work with your device.For more info, see: Set up Bluetooth on your Xbox Wireless Controller[/td][/tr][/table]

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. eVapour Win User

Xbox remote play on iPad (home wifi)

I'm sorry, but I don't think it's because of the console. Nowhere on the internet can I find anyone who says that it works great. All of reddit is full of comments that remote play only works in poor quality. You can not find a single video on YouTube that shows remote play in a good quality. Can you tell me 100% it is possible to stream in 1080p with 60 fps on ipad / pc / mobilphone?

Ty
  5. renegadeninja real Win User

Xbox Remote Play locked to 720p resolution with poor bitrate?

All has been checked down the list. 873mbps

But yet remote playing on a Samsung s8+ the streaming quality is still horrible for 2023.
  6. lanzarlaluna Win User

poor netflix streaming quality

I am having the same issues. Amazon video is amazing quality but Netflix is 1-2 bars on average.
Thema:

1. Poor quality remote play streaming - Xbox - Similar Threads - Poor quality remote

2. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  3. Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality: Why is this issue being ignored? People have been posting about this for over 2 years now and still no fixed?...
  4. Why are ban appeals treated so poorly?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are ban appeals treated so poorly?: My question is: Why are ban appeals handled so poorly? I ask this question because my Xbox was console banned and every account on it was banned for "phishing" until the year 9999. Obviously with...
  5. Very poor support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very poor support: Absolutely fuming, I have a xbox series s that keeps asking for update whilst booting then wont connect to WiFi to do the update. I raised the issue and microsoft sent me a label to post to them...
  6. Poor Xbox series s controller range

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Xbox series s controller range: Hello Daniel here, i purchased a controller from a my retailer and I've been using it for a while, at one point the range on it got reduced and only stays connected with USB cord, I tried...
  7. Poor sounds quality when playing Xbox game via App on Windows 11 using BT Headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor sounds quality when playing Xbox game via App on Windows 11 using BT Headphones: Once I enter game menu in both Halo Infinite and Aliens: Fireteam Elite, the sound becomes flat and barely hearable. It's like I was using $1 headphones. Disabling hands free setting for BT...
  8. The mic of my Starfield Wireless Headphones has poor quality on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The mic of my Starfield Wireless Headphones has poor quality on PC: I've seen in the reviews that the headphones are great quality on sound and mic, in my case the audio it's awesome but the mic it's not good, is this a general problem or just me?...
  9. Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor...: I think the identity management systems are terrible. Maybe they could write and API to Google. 4df3d1a3-fd3b-48a8-9559-3bc2c7f0a3b2
  10. Audio quality is poor when mic is enabled.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio quality is poor when mic is enabled.: So I just bought the Xbox wireless headset yesterday brand new on Amazon and I am having many problems with it. Whenever I try to use my mic when playing games the audio quality drastically...