Poor picture quality using HDMI cable

Discus and support Poor picture quality using HDMI cable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just got an xbox one elite. I couldn't get any sound from the TV and the xbox told me to either change from DVI to HDMI or add an optical audio... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FUNKYxxCHEESE78, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Poor picture quality using HDMI cable

I have just got an xbox one elite. I couldn't get any sound from the TV and the xbox told me to either change from DVI to HDMI or add an optical audio cable. As I am unable to connect this cable to my TV I tried to change the audio settings from DVI to
    HDMI. Unfortunately when I do this it really effects the picture quality. I have tried to manually improve the picture quality but it is just not good enough. I now am left with a choice of sound or good picture quality. Help?!

:)

FUNKYxxCHEESE78, Dec 26, 2015
  2. Xbox 360 Toshiba 24SL410U No Sound

That particular TV has two HDMI inputs, so just connect your console using an HDMI cable.

Problem solved and a much better quality picture too.

Paraffin Alien, Dec 26, 2015
  3. audioquest hdmi cables

It does. Hdmi is digital which means that you either get a picture or you don't. There's no lower or higher quality to achieve based on the quality of the cable.

SilverEye1991, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Bad quality

The cables that come with the 360 out of the box are not HD. You need either an HDMI or component cable to get a better picture. When you use this new HD cable be sure to set it to 720p. Until you do that, the picture will continue to be of poor quality.
  5. Iautorenewedu Win User

Poor HDMI picture quality

We look at the Xbox One as an ever evolving eco-system. The console you see today will not be the same console 6 month/1 year/ etc. down the line. If you take the 360 as an example, from the blades dashboard to what it is today, what a difference! Even in
    the video/audio quality it is much better than it was. The same will be true here, this is the first step in the evolution of “next gen” consoles. Please hang in there. We will be bringing out updates to fix and improve things like this. Thank you for understanding.

There are a few things to test (if interested):

1. Test simple (use this for your control): STB (sat box) HDMI Xbox One HDMI TV

- HDMI 1.4 High speed (of high quality) or 2.0 is recommended.

2. Change TV settings: Try Gaming Mode, or Cinema, etc.

3. Configure HDTV Settings (Settings > Display & Sound)

4. Adjust Video Fidelity on the Xbox (color depth and Color space)

5. Try locking in video quality on STB (sat box) within settings: 1080p or 720p

6. Try adjusting Native Mode on the STB (sat box) within settings:

Let me know if you have any questions

-Cheers
  6. The Dr Ketchup Win User

Poor HDMI picture quality

Man, I feel like I need a professional to come over to help with this. thats crazy.
  7. Blanco7 Win User

No Sound from Live TV, EVERYTHING else sounds flawless.

8. The1337gamer Win User

Do HDMI cable's make a difference in quality?

Quality of picture and sound is not affected by the HDMI cable. It is just a BS myth. Just buy the cheapest cable of decent build quality.
Thema:

Poor picture quality using HDMI cable

1. Poor picture quality using HDMI cable - Similar Threads - Poor picture quality

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  4. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  5. Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality: Why is this issue being ignored? People have been posting about this for over 2 years now and still no fixed?...
  6. Why are ban appeals treated so poorly?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are ban appeals treated so poorly?: My question is: Why are ban appeals handled so poorly? I ask this question because my Xbox was console banned and every account on it was banned for "phishing" until the year 9999. Obviously with...
  7. Very poor support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very poor support: Absolutely fuming, I have a xbox series s that keeps asking for update whilst booting then wont connect to WiFi to do the update. I raised the issue and microsoft sent me a label to post to them...
  8. Poor Xbox series s controller range

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Xbox series s controller range: Hello Daniel here, i purchased a controller from a my retailer and I've been using it for a while, at one point the range on it got reduced and only stays connected with USB cord, I tried...
  9. Poor sounds quality when playing Xbox game via App on Windows 11 using BT Headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor sounds quality when playing Xbox game via App on Windows 11 using BT Headphones: Once I enter game menu in both Halo Infinite and Aliens: Fireteam Elite, the sound becomes flat and barely hearable. It's like I was using $1 headphones. Disabling hands free setting for BT...
  10. The mic of my Starfield Wireless Headphones has poor quality on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The mic of my Starfield Wireless Headphones has poor quality on PC: I've seen in the reviews that the headphones are great quality on sound and mic, in my case the audio it's awesome but the mic it's not good, is this a general problem or just me?...