Points converted to MS Gift Card Issue

Discus and support Points converted to MS Gift Card Issue in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So, I had some points that are auto redeemed at the end of each month. I know they expire. I had about 6 dollars that were going to expire on Aug... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Drake Haven, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Drake Haven
    Drake Haven Guest

So, I had some points that are auto redeemed at the end of each month.

I know they expire.

I had about 6 dollars that were going to expire on Aug 30th...

I made a purchase yesterday, which was Aug 29th, chose to use my redeemed points and instead of using those about to expire dollars, it took it out of another set of rewards set to expire in Sept... Seriously, what the hell?

Not cool....

:)

Drake Haven, Aug 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks, well. That's really unfortunate :c
    As you know the redeemed balances expires yes or yes after 90 days and is not possible to revert this. The best option is always use the money on time.

I can't guarantee nothing but if you want to try, your best bet will be contact Microsoft Rewards team and see if they can give you an exception and restore the expired balance in your account (due to you redeemed the money via rewards program)
    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=823675
  3. Drake Haven Win User

[​IMG]

There was one Expiring Balance for 6 dollars that expires on August 30th, but that no longer shows... It grab the dollars from the September 28th...
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

If I recall correctly the Microsoft servers use UTC, not local time. Probably that would be the reason
  5. Drake Haven Win User

I get that, but the purchase was made on August 29th, the points were set to expire on August 30th...

That is not cool... I'm in the US, is there some sort of Time Zone issue as when Microsoft deems it the 30th?
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Drake

What do you mean by "it took it out of another set of rewards set to expire in Sept..."

I ask this due to every time that you redeem a xbox/Microsoft gift card with points the balance is added automatically to your whole Microsoft account
Thema:

1. Points converted to MS Gift Card Issue - Similar Threads - Points converted Gift

2. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  3. got a chat from Xbox saying I have accumulated enough points to redeem a $5 Xbox gift card

in XBoX on Windows
    got a chat from Xbox saying I have accumulated enough points to redeem a $5 Xbox gift card: got a chat from Xbox saying I have enough points to redeem $5 Xbox gift card but when I go to the website it says I have 0 points 22c1bc5a-e8da-4d71-a159-8aa7daee5b62
  4. Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.

in XBoX on Windows
    Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.: When i click on the amount of points i want to buy, example: 1,200 CoD points, It keeps saying "Something went wrong, please try again later" and i have enough money, it keeps saying this each...
  5. Xbox mobile app bonus points

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox mobile app bonus points: Why are my rewards for points suddenly way lower for the past 2 weeks? The reward points I received have been consistent for about 6 months since I started using the Microsoft rewards program....
  6. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  7. Not sure if this is an Insider error but Rewards is not letting me earn points anymore....

in XboX Insiders
    Not sure if this is an Insider error but Rewards is not letting me earn points anymore....: I noticed others in the Microsoft Rewards sub had this same issue but was wondering if this is an error also caused by being an Insider. I’ve not been able to earn points for over a week. I filed...
  8. I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...: I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does not show me a 25 character code wat does this mean 5fe8e417-47fe-4cce-a0a8-57ad3395a992
  9. Please manually convert my rewards point to microsoft currency

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Please manually convert my rewards point to microsoft currency: The Feb 22 bulk fix did not work for my account. Please manually add any unposted reward points and convert all to Microsoft currency 6f5a3203-52d2-4e31-b14e-266edbd2a30a
  10. Please deposit my credits for Jan purchases and convert all to Microsoft Point cash

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Please deposit my credits for Jan purchases and convert all to Microsoft Point cash: Please convert my January purchases to credits then convert all credits to Microsoft point cash. 947462fe-e2bd-4ad2-96a2-0e0665333f08