Pointless Advance Replacement Program

Discus and support Pointless Advance Replacement Program in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had a disk reading issue, my Xbox one didn't want to read discs and made a grinding sound. So I looked it up and it was an issue affecting some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Calidragon209, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Pointless Advance Replacement Program

I had a disk reading issue, my Xbox one didn't want to read discs and made a grinding sound. So I looked it up and it was an issue affecting some people. So i decided to get it fixed. In this process I found the advanced replacement program, cool i get sent
    a new Xbox and then send mine in so I don't lose gaming time. Awesome, or so I thought. I set everything up, had a $400 hold on my card until I sent my old Xbox in. The day comes and I get my replacement console. And behold it has an error code. Still not
    mad yet, but after over 2 hours with customer support and trying the offline update tool 4 different times to no use, I get told my issues is raised to tier 3 and I'd be contacted. I still was told to send my old Xbox in otherwise the automatic system would
    still charge my credit card. Ok I'm getting a little angry, I did this process so I could still play. Well after 6 days, when FEDEX has confirmation of delivery of my package to the service department 2 days later, I still hadn't heard anything. So I call
    customer support yet again and get told that my order isn't closed out because it hasn't been scanned in, oh and also the escalation team decided my problem isn't tier three, sent it back to the hardware people and told me I have to wait till this order is
    closed out and do another advance replacement to get the faulty Xbox I was sent repaired, and I was not informed about any of this. If I hadn't called customer support I wouldn't have know. Now I'm mad. To top this off, after an hour on the phone, the exact
    words of the customer service representative and again by his floor supervisor was "you're just going to have to wait". I have supported Xbox for many years now and never had an issue. Now I have put a hold on my bank account of $400, I don't have my old Xbox
    that I could play digital downloads on, have a faulty Xbox sent to me by Microsoft, and get treated ridiculously bad by customer support. I any one reads this I HIGHLY RECOMMEND
    NOT USING this process.

:)

Calidragon209, Sep 30, 2014
  2. Advance replacement/exchange program hidden fees

Thanks for the responses. I was just beginning to get hooked to my replacement Xbox One when it got bricked. It started with some freezes and I did the usual stuff I could find on the forums and with support (hdmi cable/port changes, cache clean, persistent
    storage, hard reset). I am a newbie gamer and really had not been pushing the console to overheat or filling up my disk. At this point it seems to power on, but Kinect does not show lie signs and TV is blank. Support offered to set me up for a warranty replacement
    and gave me free avatar coupon. Good thing the shipping is free for regular warranty repair. I am using the advance replacement again however as my little fella needs it soon for his birthday bash.

Still wondering if I am one of the few unlucky ones to have two major failures within 30 days - or is it a systemic issue. I noticed that my previous replacement box had a much lower serial number and wondering if they are sending out refurbished boxes from
    the ones that failed back in 2013. More likelihood that those old refurbs would fail again. I have assembled PCs in the past with fairly cheap components, and I did not have any major failures on them.

Well this time the rep did clearly mention the $15 charge for the advance replacement - so that is a good sign.

PhantomWhistler, Sep 30, 2014
  3. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest
    Advance replacement/exchange program hidden fees

As far as the advanced exchange goes, that is something that yes, they do - we know about it here on the forums, but for folks who don't spend a lot of time here, that is something that the chat and phone reps definitely should be saying. They charge you
    advance shipping on the console and send it right away, so you get your console sooner. If no one says that, it would be impossible for you to know.

As far as the all-around experience, I can say you are definitely having some bad luck, it isn't "the norm." Now, phone support has been hit and miss for some people, but the support here on the forums is great, and the console itself is fantastic. There
    are the usual disc drive or hard drive issues, but compared to the 360 Red Ring era, the problems are much less. Surprisingly, I've heard that the expected failure rate with any new technology is roughly 2%-3%. So, across, for example, 1 million sales, it
    isn't out of the ordinary to have some sort of issue with around 30,000 units. Seems high to me, but that's the factor I've heard, and it seems as though the One is well within that percentage. That doesn't make it any easier for a person experiencing the
    problem, though, and the support folks have a responsibility you aren't hit with any additional surprises when you're trying to get something fixed for which you've spent hard-earned money.

Sorry you've had a bumpy start, but don't lose hope - the X1 is a great system, and I think once you get past this initial unpleasantness, you'll really have a lot of fun. Also, don't forget we're here for you on the forums to help with things like setup
    issues or any random problem into which you might run, most times we can help you work through it without having to contact support. Good luck, and have fun!

Jaymo1978, Sep 30, 2014
  4. Skeeter Quill Win User

Advanced Replacement Program

All your saves and whatnot are stored on the cloud. Your CC numbers etc are also stored there. CC numbers however are not stored on the Hard Drive. Plus any purchases etc and any account access you can trace via accounts.microsoft.com so if you are worried
    you can also change your password there so that no one will be able to access your profile from that console anyway.

Basically, nothing of any real interest is stored on the console itself, only access to your account, which you can block easily anyway.
  5. GrowlingYapper Win User

You can go into your account here on Xbox live, your game save should be safe in the cloud.
  6. SteveHargreaves Win User

Is this exactly as it sounds? My console now has an unbearable buzz and it's only 2 months old. They just swap it at the door?
  7. SteveHargreaves Win User

Well as it turns out I couldn't take advantage of this exchange as they don't provide it for the limited edition consoles, only the black models. So after struggling to find a suitable box it's all packed up and being collected today.
  8. mattlinzsophie Win User

You set up the advanced replacement after which you willrecieve a "new" console via courier 2-3 days later. You then send your defective console back in the packaging you received the replacement in. Make sure to read the instructions carefully.

You will need to take it to a local dispatch centre. Im in the UK so when I did it I could find the closest centres on the UPS website.

Make sure you get a tracking number as this is very important.

My experience of the process was ultimately fine but don't expect any updates from Xbox via e-mail. I was told I would be kept informed but I never had a single update. I checked the progress of the process each day on the UPS website with my tracking number
    and on the 'my service' site.
Thema:

Pointless Advance Replacement Program

1. Pointless Advance Replacement Program - Similar Threads - Pointless Advance Replacement

2. Jump in with friends eliminated Favorite friends which is pointless IMO

in XboX Insiders
    Jump in with friends eliminated Favorite friends which is pointless IMO: I noticed my favorite friends section is gone and replaced by this. In my opinion, there is no value of having this. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  3. So it's completely **** pointless

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So it's completely **** pointless: So Microsoft and doritos are pretending to give away a free month game pass when in fact all they want I'd your details. Big companies like Microsoft are literally a cancer on the world...
  4. I received more than 1 suspension for 1 incident that I feel like was very pointless

in XBoX Accessibility
    I received more than 1 suspension for 1 incident that I feel like was very pointless: So I received 3 different suspension dates 2-6 to 2-7 then 2-7 to 2-13 2023 ! All for one incident the last date was 2-7 to 2-21-2023 this were it gets crazy I submitted a appeal for the last...
  5. A Pointless Communication Ban

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A Pointless Communication Ban: So I've been a member of Xbox for 16 years. I know, because it says so on my profile. Lol Anyways, in that 16 years I have never had a suspension... until today. Yep, another one of these kinds of...
  6. Pointless since no real support but can't access my Xbox Series X or S since 24hrs and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pointless since no real support but can't access my Xbox Series X or S since 24hrs and...: As per the title this is pointless and I'm sure someone will pop in with turn it off and on again... Done all trouble shooting, reset Xbox, updated firmware offline same problem, would you like...
  7. Turn off pointless sounds. Hahshsufievdudiagsjtpdgwydogogvahd

in XboX Insiders
    Turn off pointless sounds. Hahshsufievdudiagsjtpdgwydogogvahd: Please add some way to mute the random pointless sounds. I use a head set and when scrolling or typing there's hundreds of stupid clicks going on in my head. Why... All the swipe noises on the...
  8. Game preview trial...pointless

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game preview trial...pointless: So I have been a strong supporter of the game preview section, it allows you to get access to a game for a cheap price but you have to deal with bugs and the fact the game may in fact never...
  9. : A pointless new thread for an old issue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : A pointless new thread for an old issue: : A pointless new thread for an old issue I unlocked your old thread since it does have all of the information already. As such, I'll be locking this thread. d0de8070-09ad-4bfd-94e2-863ef5f4bdf3
  10. Can you watch movies on your android phone or is it pointless to purchase them when your only ...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can you watch movies on your android phone or is it pointless to purchase them when your only ...: I own more then 20 movies from the store and want to watch them on my phone at work while it is slow but it only let me watch the trailers is there something I am missing because doing a search...