Plugging a controller into the SeriesX to charge powers up the system.

Discus and support Plugging a controller into the SeriesX to charge powers up the system. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have the official play and charge battery for the Series X's included controller and whenever I plug it into the front USB port to charge the system... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Moonlord_, Nov 17, 2020.

1. /u/Moonlord_
    /u/Moonlord_ Guest

I have the official play and charge battery for the Series X's included controller and whenever I plug it into the front USB port to charge the system powers up.

It didn't do this on my OneX. Since I usually charge the controller in between game sessions while the system is off I don't want the system coming on unless I manually turn it on myself.

I'm not sure if this is by design or an oversight with the new system or update.

submitted by /u/Moonlord_
    [link] [comments]

/u/Moonlord_, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Tormaz Win User

Xbox One controller wire not lit when plugged into PC

Hello!

It should light up as long as it's plugged into both power and the controller. If it's charging the controller, most likely the light on the cable is defective. If it's not charging the controller then it may be something with the power source, cable, or
    controller.
  3. BiOHAZARD 901 Win User

Why should we pay so much for so little?

[quote user="Dangerous Alan"]

I have a ps3 and the charging controllers thing is a real pain in the ***. You have to have the whole system on to do it. Would be great if the USBs had passthru power while on standby but they don't.. It's annoying. Play and charge is 100x better as you
    can charge as you play. The cable PS3 give you with the controllers is about 30cm long! Useless!

[/quote]

My cable is 6 ft long. The PS3 controllers charge way faster then those plug and play kits. Plug your Ps3 controller up before you go to bed and it will charge. That is if you have PS+.
  4. Benscookies Win User

Xbox One controller wire not lit when plugged into PC

Hello!

It should light up as long as it's plugged into both power and the controller. If it's charging the controller, most likely the light on the cable is defective. If it's not charging the controller then it may be something with the power source, cable, or
    controller.
    does it only glow when charging? i just use it for playing, wired. But other than the lamp being defective, it works
  5. Skoobasaurus Win User

When turning console off the power on button pulsates for quite some time after - why is this, and is this a problem?

this also happens if a controller is plugged in with a charge pack... if the controller battery pack isn't at full charge it will continue to charge until full even if console power is off.
  6. SS_FakeOut Win User

Xbox one

I tried plugging a USB that charges my phone into the controller, than into the xbox and powering it on but it still did not power on
Thema:

1. Plugging a controller into the SeriesX to charge powers up the system. - Similar Threads - Plugging controller SeriesX

2. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  3. Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in: Hi, my daughter is trying to play my xbox one when she plugs a headset in it works OK in the fortnight lobby but as soon as a game loads it disconnects the controller. Any ideas? Thanks...
  4. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  5. Xbox Controller only connects when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller only connects when plugged in: Hello, i’ve had my xbox series x for a few months now, but just bought a new elite controller about a month or 2 ago. it was working fine, but today something changed. now i can still turn it on,...
  6. Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc: i use a Bluetooth headset that is plugged into my pc. It works perfectly fine when i use mouse and keyboard and if i use a ps5 controller. the second i plug an xbox series x controller into my pc...
  7. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  8. i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...: This is a controller i had for around 6 months it’s a black xbox series x|s controller c3417b95-80cc-4374-b9ae-71a32eaf9e31
  9. Why will my controller only turn on if it's plugged in?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why will my controller only turn on if it's plugged in?: I changed the batteries in my controller yesterday, and my controller is now fully charged. However, I can't turn the controller on unless it's plugged in; if I try to turn it on unplugged, the...
  10. Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play: A week ago my Xbox Series X notified me that my controller battery was low. I plugged my plug and play cord into it and noticed it would not charge. The icon shows the lightning bolt symbol, but...