Plex app connection problem

Discus and support Plex app connection problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with the new Plex app. Plex server is running on LAN in the same subnet than the xbox360. I registered the Plex app with PIN in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Galguero123, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Galguero123
    Galguero123 Guest

Hi,

I have a problem with the new Plex app.

Plex server is running on LAN in the same subnet than the xbox360.

I registered the Plex app with PIN in plex.tv website so everything should be good but when starting the Plex app again is says that the server cannot be contacted although the server appears online in the plex.tv website.

Plex DLNA service can be reached from xbox

On the other hand I can connect with other devices in my network to the plex server. So it seems really a problem with the xbox360 Plex app.

Anyone has the same problem ? Any ideas to fix ?

cheers

:)

Galguero123, Nov 16, 2014
  2. rkkeller
    rkkeller Guest
    Xbox one streaming help !!

Use the new Plex app. I can watch everyone that is on my computer on the Xbox One. There is a Plex app for the S5 too just connect it to Xbox One.

rkkeller, Nov 16, 2014
  3. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    Plex App

To get the most out of plex, don't you have to subscribe/pay for it?

Burnin TODI, Nov 16, 2014
  4. Zero Divided Win User

It's been eight months. I would like my "all in one" to stream from network already.

i have adapted, i have Plex server streaming to a Chromecast that is currently plugged into my Xbox, and use the Plex app to navigate and control the media, so much better than using the 360. can't wait until a Plex app is released for the X1.
  5. Burnin TODI Win User

What are you using HDMI in for?

Supposedly a Plex app for xbox one is in beta testing. I don't use Plex because of file restrictions.
  6. johnnydigsgirls Win User

Plex App

I have to say now that Plex is free to use on consoles it looks and feels great - seriously good and well worth a look if you're looking for a superb media server !

And even though the Xbox One version is also superb, it seems to have one major missing feature, which is 'Browse by Folder' which makes the app almost useless for me without this option due to way i have my files organised.

I don't really understand why this option is missing from the Xbox One version as it is on my PS4, 360 and PS3 and Mac etc.

It's a real shame as it would be one of the best apps on Xbox One, but for now another app i won't use.
  7. Burnin TODI Win User

Plex App

Yeah I checked their site, can't stream .iso files with plex. Not going to convert my huge collection of movies to a file format that will work with their service...would take ages.
  8. EnenDaveyBoy Win User
Thema:

1. Plex app connection problem - Similar Threads - Plex app connection

2. Is the PLEX app preview over, I no longer see it.

in XboX Insiders
    Is the PLEX app preview over, I no longer see it.: As the title says. Only version available is the one you find on the store with no Audio passthrough support submitted by /u/ferreirarq [link] [comments]
  3. Latest skip ahead enables TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD MA etc. in Plex (if your receiver supports it)

in XboX Insiders
    Latest skip ahead enables TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD MA etc. in Plex (if your receiver supports it): Audio Passthrough support on Xbox beta - Plex Players / Gaming Consoles - Plex Forum Tested with pretty much all of the above. Everything plays! Be sure to opt in on the Plex Beta in the Insider...
  4. Plex app on Xbox is always Buffering (again) when direct streaming/playing 4K/HDR contents.

in XboX Insiders
    Plex app on Xbox is always Buffering (again) when direct streaming/playing 4K/HDR contents.: As reported: Here -> https://forums.plex.tv/t/moussa-what-is-the-current-status-of-the-xbox-buffer-bug/543304/13 Here -> https://forums.plex.tv/t/constant-buffering-on-xbox-one/225280/448 Here...
  5. Problem with plex app on console after creating a plex account when I go to enter the...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with plex app on console after creating a plex account when I go to enter the...: [IMG] submitted by /u/EmergedJokerd [link] [comments]
  6. Question about how to get the plex app to work on console when i get a subscription for the...

in XboX Insiders
    Question about how to get the plex app to work on console when i get a subscription for the...: I have tried to Get the Plex app to work on the Xbox 360 it never worked even though I got a subscription for the Plex app. and I have also tried to get the PLex app to work on the Xbox one when I...
  7. Plex App Download Failure

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Plex App Download Failure: I've been trying to download and install the Plex app from my Xbox one for about 2 weeks. I've got the media server set up on my PC. When I try to install on my Xbox One, from the Xbox Live App...
  8. 3D SBS through plex app

in XBoX on Consoles
    3D SBS through plex app: Ok so I just bought a projector that is 3d ready. I was excited to play my downloaded 3d movies but they did not work. The 3d blu Ray disk I have work great. Do you know if there is a way to...
  9. Plex App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Plex App: Should be coming soon! And from the info available about it it will make alot of people happy and adds a bunch of voice commands. More info here 65cc2daf-a15b-441d-be90-edb5a8d59ccf
  10. PLEX media streaming app coming to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    PLEX media streaming app coming to Xbox One: Version of Plex app coming to Xbox One via ID@Xbox program [Update] Great news! 46523f2f-3a7f-4f69-8f2a-d766cf9ef7dc