Please return access to gamesaves the current cloud base is untenable for gaming.

Discus and support Please return access to gamesaves the current cloud base is untenable for gaming. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why have Microsoft taken away the ability to access and manage our own gamesaves? I have read about this in Reddit and seen some really stupid replies.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by One law for Microsoft, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Please return access to gamesaves the current cloud base is untenable for gaming.

Why have Microsoft taken away the ability to access and manage our own gamesaves? I have read about this in Reddit and seen some really stupid replies. Apparently having access to your gamesaves is cheating and "Microsoft has my back", with the cloud but
    this is complete nonsense. For one there are way too many games that have too few save slots on immense games that require multiple playthroughs, so how does Microsoft have my back there? Then there are many games that use auto save and only allow one save
    slot which is immediately written over in the cloud. I first came across this problem in a game that advises your gamesaves to be backed up at the 50th level on a game that only has one save slot, because if you make a mistake you will have to go through another
    50 levels to get the same opportunity again. Only to find this was impossible on the Xbox one. On the 360 I backed up my play that there was no slot available for on a USB drive, take Deadspace for instance, this game as too few slots to save play through
    the tiers, but it was possible on the 360 to collect important points throughout the game from each tier of game completion on a USB stick. This capability was moved into new generation consoles on the PS4 but we lose it on Xbox, why? Also why is saving your
    game position cheating, it's common sense if anything. The cloud is great when your moving from house to house but useless for actually saving gameplay as we have no direct access, not even to storage on my own device. How the heck as Microsoft got my back?

:)

One law for Microsoft, Jul 7, 2016
  2. Lost gamesave

I lost my gamesave due to a cloud synchronization problem, a previous gamesave replaced my current gamesave with all my progression.

Is there a way to restore my gamesave ?

Deadly FanTas1e, Jul 7, 2016
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Memory Copying Problems

nothing can be transfered between profiles

if you don't want to start over then use the current profile

deletion of profiles allows the profiles to be refreshed and local gamesaves be saved since not all gamesaves are stored on CLOUD yet

it is not a bug it is designed for the way its designed

only profiles that originally created the gamesaves can earn the acheivements

this prevents cheating like bringing some other person's gamesaves and boosting your own score which is a violation of the terms of use

ngocphi, Jul 7, 2016
  4. Please return access to gamesaves the current cloud base is untenable for gaming.

Having not enough game save slots would be the game developers decision, and a stupid one at that, in this day unlimited game saves should be the norm as should in game copy of your game saves at any point.

Look at Fallout 4, Dragon age Inquistion, to name too, that is how all game saving should be handled, in game, unlimited saves, at any time, but it seems some lazy game devs just push this issue off onto some third party to deal with and hope nobody will
    blame them.

Although i would have no issues with usb game saving, the more features the better in my book, but it certainly should not be a excuse for lazy game devs to cut corners on their games, because a third party feature should never be the only replacement for
    what should be offered in the actual game as standard.

Not that any that helps you, but there is not much anybody can do at this time, who knows, a update at some point might offer you access to your saves in the cloud, were you could backup and copy in said cloud, that would certainly sort out the who USB thing
    on one go. Please return access to gamesaves the current cloud base is untenable for gaming. :)

The Omega m4n, Jul 7, 2016
  5. The Omega m4n Win User

Please return access to gamesaves the current cloud base is untenable for gaming.

Having not enough game save slots would be the game developers decision, and a stupid one at that, in this day unlimited game saves should be the norm as should in game copy of your game saves at any point.

Look at Fallout 4, Dragon age Inquistion, to name too, that is how all game saving should be handled, in game, unlimited saves, at any time, but it seems some lazy game devs just push this issue off onto some third party to deal with and hope nobody will
    blame them.

Although i would have no issues with usb game saving, the more features the better in my book, but it certainly should not be a excuse for lazy game devs to cut corners on their games, because a third party feature should never be the only replacement for
    what should be offered in the actual game as standard.

Not that any that helps you, but there is not much anybody can do at this time, who knows, a update at some point might offer you access to your saves in the cloud, were you could backup and copy in said cloud, that would certainly sort out the who USB thing
    on one go. :)
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Accessing my 360 game saves on Xbox One

Hi LicensedSINJA77, you said that Microsoft is working on the issue, in a while we need more infos.

Are you using the same account on Xbox 360 and Xbox One?

Can you login into your Xbox 360 and check if the gamesaves are locally saved or cloud saved? If not in cloud you must move all the gamesaves so the Xbox One can gain access to them, if your gamesave are locally saved on Xbox 360 hard drive, how can the
    Xbox One access them?

Check this link https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/cloud-save-games
  7. cpt sheridan Win User

Xbox lost, can we play our games on a new one?

Any digital games or DLC you paid for are tied to the account that paid for it and the gamesaves are auto synced to the cloud.

I've got an Xbox One X and Series X and I have the digital games on both of them.

As for the gamesaves, whenever you start a game on your new console the game will sync with the cloud to download the gamesave.
  8. Vitor-FFF64B5E-3606- Win User

Lost a lot of Xbox 360 save data

If you sold your Xbox 360, and did not upload you gamesaves to the Cloud service, I'm afraid you're not able to get them back, unless the person you sold to is your friend, and has not deleted your gamesaves yet, you can ask him/her to let you log on into
    his Xbox and upload it to the Cloud, so you'll be able to access in any other Xbox 360 console.

Otherwise, unfortunately your gamesaves are lost.
  9. ngocphi Win User

New to online,help me receive my first paid download

That's because cloud is only meant for gamesaves not for content or games

Content must be linked to a console not cloud
Thema:

1. Please return access to gamesaves the current cloud base is untenable for gaming. - Similar Threads - Please return access

2. please help me

in XBoX on Windows
    please help me: In 2021 I got an Xbox 360 with Minecraft on it and a nice hard drive. Three years later the hard drive started making this clicking sound then the Xbox button turn red and E68 error code. I got my...
  3. Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned: Hello. Please help me. I got my only account banned. I have serious health problems and I don't have many joys in life other than playing my xbox. no friends no girlfriend. I am depressed. The...
  4. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XboX Insiders
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  5. I was wrongfully com banned please help?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I was wrongfully com banned please help?: so basically i got com banned for someone reporting an old message which i admit i did say, but recently around the end of march, i was com banned for over a year because of hate speech, and in...
  6. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  7. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  8. I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist.: I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist. 20cfa3e7-3b9e-44bd-a75a-683ed5af9b1a
  9. Hello i bougt minecraft java but i want to return please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello i bougt minecraft java but i want to return please: Hello i bought minecraft java and bedrock but i want to return this game.thanks for help 20924d42-3f47-4d72-8106-55c6ec9b7f9d
  10. Lost ax and pickaxe. Has not returned. Please assist.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost ax and pickaxe. Has not returned. Please assist.: So my wife has accidentally discarded her ax and pickaxe and it has not been returned. It has been 22 days and she has not received new ones in the mail or are they in the fridge or lost and...