Please release Half Life Alyx on Series X (please allow PC VR headsets to work on Series X)

Discus and support Please release Half Life Alyx on Series X (please allow PC VR headsets to work on Series X) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please allow PC VR headsets to work on Series X to play games like Alyx, Lone Echo, Beat Saber and Boneworks. It would cost me 2 grand to build a PC... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike Huckabee, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Please release Half Life Alyx on Series X (please allow PC VR headsets to work on Series X)

Please allow PC VR headsets to work on Series X to play games like Alyx, Lone Echo, Beat Saber and Boneworks.

It would cost me 2 grand to build a PC capable of running Half Life Alyx at Ultra settings. Its honestly the greatest game Ive ever played even though I am playing it at low settings due to my gaming PC being two years old.

The Series X is capable of running Alyx at Ultra settings. Valve is open to releasing Half Life games on consoles (The Orange Box and Left4Dead are best sellers on consoles). It wouldnt take much for Series X to support Oculus, Vive and Windows Mixed Reality
    VR Headsets.

The PS5 and PSVR2 will get Half Life Alyx but most likely running on medium settings. I will get a PS5 for this reason unless Xbox gets the game as well. The Series X would allow me to play the game at Ultra settings.

Thanks to Alyx’s success, Half Life 3 being a VR game is all but certain, and it may well be the biggest game of the generation. Microsoft will be missing out on two system sellers (and probably many others) if they sit on the sidelines for too long as they
    did with touch screen smartphones and tablets.

:)

Mike Huckabee, Mar 31, 2020
  2. sandy the hippy Win User

Please release Half Life Alyx on Series X (please allow PC VR headsets to work on Series X)

Phil.spencer has been quoted a few times I think, stating v.r. isn't something they are looking at...

I reckon it's still a pretty niche market
  3. pjameleven Win User

I think this is a repeated theme, or is it dejavu
    It's a repeat thread. He posted a nearly identical one about VR and Half Life Alyx.
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

I think we'll eventually see third party headsets work on the Series X. I love VR so I hope so.
  5. AuraWolf Win User

I'm lead to believe Microsoft in conjunction with various other companies are rumoured to be working on a VR headset (not sure if it's for Series X or not) but who knows what the future holds for VR.

I think the main issue is that most Developers see it as a risky venture so console makers don't see a point in investing in such tech.

perhaps once it reaches it's full potential and we see what VR TRULY could be we'll see it come to Series X or a future console.
  6. ChopDaLyricolig Win User

that would be pretty cool.
Thema:

1. Please release Half Life Alyx on Series X (please allow PC VR headsets to work on Series X) - Similar Threads - Please release Half

2. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XboX Insiders
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  3. I was wrongfully com banned please help?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I was wrongfully com banned please help?: so basically i got com banned for someone reporting an old message which i admit i did say, but recently around the end of march, i was com banned for over a year because of hate speech, and in...
  4. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  5. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  6. Please assist question underneath

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please assist question underneath: I have an ASUS 2022 26 inch gaming monitor that allows me to turn variable refresh rate to gaming & Home Screen.. that being said and this might be a silly question but the box above it the “allow...
  7. Please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help.: For some reason my xbox keeps spamming the button A i turned off my controller it still did it. i shut my xbox off it still did it. I switched controllers AND opened it up and put rubbing alcohol....
  8. Please fix the games you release

in XboX Insiders
    Please fix the games you release: There are plenty of games in this state but for now we will use the game that has made me more upset than any other game.Its been months on forza motorsport and I'm still being dashboarded after a...
  9. Microsoft please release text chat on roblox

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft please release text chat on roblox: In some roblox games powers are activated using commands in game chat, but on consoles we don't have chat. In addition to being bad for the experience because we can't talk to other players or...
  10. Can you release the new ARK Survival Evolved update on win10 please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you release the new ARK Survival Evolved update on win10 please: lots of servers are wiping today and by you guys not releasing the update it is stressing people out and causing lots of backlash to these server owners. it would be appreciated if you could just...