*please read* Will microsoft ever make it so that Xbox live gold isn’t required to play ...

Discus and support *please read* Will microsoft ever make it so that Xbox live gold isn’t required to play ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to know if anybody could answer this because I really like playing fortnite on my xbox but now my gold ended and I cant play it anymore. And... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SuperCHikin, Nov 20, 2018.

1. SuperCHikin
    SuperCHikin Guest

*please read* Will microsoft ever make it so that Xbox live gold isn’t required to play ...

I wanted to know if anybody could answer this because I really like playing fortnite on my xbox but now my gold ended and I cant play it anymore. And it would make sense that they would make this change because on all the other platforms you can play without
    a subscription.

:)

SuperCHikin, Nov 20, 2018
  2. adamblack93
    adamblack93 Guest
    Will Gears of War 4 multiplayer on PC require me to buy Xbox live?

According to an interview with a Microsoft representative on GameSpot (found here:

www.gamespot.com/.../1100-6440846
    ), “Xbox Live Gold isn’t required for playing games that are Xbox Play Anywhere other than enjoying online multiplayer with those games on Xbox One.”

Therefore, I think it is safe to say you won't need Xbox Live Gold to play the game on PC.

adamblack93, Nov 20, 2018
  3. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    question about digital games without gold

If they are on xbox one and the xbox they are playing on has someone with a live account their accounts have live too.

Also, digital don't require gold, only online. So make sure what you are buying doesn't require online play and they will be fine.

As others noted, you have to buy it on their account unless you are sharing systems with them else it will be locked to you and you can't give digital stuff away from your own account.

All games work without gold except online required games (soley online play) and they will say golds required if you read the small print.

cross44, Nov 20, 2018
  4. *please read* Will microsoft ever make it so that Xbox live gold isn’t required to play ...

Hello Nothing has been said about this but if they made Fortnite free they may have to make other games free

ITSRATBOY2002, Nov 20, 2018
  5. RandyAU93
    RandyAU93 Guest
    Microsoft has made the better choice of ensuring that all users on Xbox are treated equally and fairly, regardless of the game being played. It's not fair to gamers who pay for the service when they see others playing a multiplayer game for free. It's
    not fair to developers that sell a full-price title that requires Gold when a company decides to make its money through micro-transactions and wants their players to play for "free".

The game is free to play on all platforms, provided the player meets the requirements to access the needed services. On Xbox, that means Xbox Live Gold is required.

RandyAU93, Nov 20, 2018
  6. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest
    Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist, at this time Xbox Live Gold is required to play Fortnite online. Here is an article on

Epic Games Site
    showing this information. If you'd like to make this a suggestion I recommend posting this idea on
    Xbox ideas. I hope this information was helpful.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!

XBF Paul M, Nov 20, 2018
  7. JohnnyXeo
    JohnnyXeo Guest
    Doubt it would ever happen. It be pretty surprising.

JohnnyXeo, Nov 6, 2018
  8. JohnnyXeo Win User

*please read* Will microsoft ever make it so that Xbox live gold isn’t required to play fortnite?

Doubt it would ever happen. It be pretty surprising.
  9. MisterRatBoy Win User

*please read* Will microsoft ever make it so that Xbox live gold isn’t required to play fortnite?

Hello Nothing has been said about this but if they made Fortnite free they may have to make other games free
  10. RandyAU93 Win User

Microsoft has made the better choice of ensuring that all users on Xbox are treated equally and fairly, regardless of the game being played. It's not fair to gamers who pay for the service when they see others playing a multiplayer game for free. It's
    not fair to developers that sell a full-price title that requires Gold when a company decides to make its money through micro-transactions and wants their players to play for "free".

The game is free to play on all platforms, provided the player meets the requirements to access the needed services. On Xbox, that means Xbox Live Gold is required.
  11. XBF Paul M Win User

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist, at this time Xbox Live Gold is required to play Fortnite online. Here is an article on

Epic Games Site
    showing this information. If you'd like to make this a suggestion I recommend posting this idea on
    Xbox ideas. I hope this information was helpful.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  12. adamblack93 Win User

Will Gears of War 4 multiplayer on PC require me to buy Xbox live?

According to an interview with a Microsoft representative on GameSpot (found here:

www.gamespot.com/.../1100-6440846
    ), “Xbox Live Gold isn’t required for playing games that are Xbox Play Anywhere other than enjoying online multiplayer with those games on Xbox One.”

Therefore, I think it is safe to say you won't need Xbox Live Gold to play the game on PC.
Thema:

1. *please read* Will microsoft ever make it so that Xbox live gold isn’t required to play ... - Similar Threads - *please read* microsoft

2. Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned: Hello. Please help me. I got my only account banned. I have serious health problems and I don't have many joys in life other than playing my xbox. no friends no girlfriend. I am depressed. The...
  3. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XboX Insiders
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  4. Microsoft please read this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft please read this: Microsoft I BEG U PLEASE ADD BANGLADESH TO XBOX IN REGIONS IN XBOX SETTINGS ok ok i don't need to be so dramatic but please add bangladesh to microsoft rewards 077f08d7-daac-455a-8041-6c8f27b7fd2a
  5. My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers PLEASE READ I NEED LIVE HELP IMMEDIATELY

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers PLEASE READ I NEED LIVE HELP IMMEDIATELY: I am using my son's account. My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers and your support is completely useless as it constantly requires me to sign back in to get assistance and yet I...
  6. My Xbox Account is banned for no reason? please read

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox Account is banned for no reason? please read: My Xbox Account is banned for no reason, I Haven't played in years and never did anything wrong? Says my account has no strikes or previous strikes either but I'm a banned user and can;t appeal or...
  7. Please read this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please read this.: Me personally I think Xbox community guidelines are a little strict cause I could try to change my pfp to a funny picture but then they will just suspend me for no reason at all...
  8. False suspension. Please read and FIX THIS, THIS IS ABSURD!

in XBoX Accessibility
    False suspension. Please read and FIX THIS, THIS IS ABSURD!: I run a dayz community server on xbox and i advertise it through the looking for group posts so other players can become aware of the server existence and decide if they want to try it out, i...
  9. My microsoft account has been hacked (please read the full details before commenting). What...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been hacked (please read the full details before commenting). What...: So exactly today, my Microsoft account was hacked by a malicious application. And now I cannot sign in, or do anything What to do now? NOTES: - I cannot fill out the form because the hacker...
  10. My Fifa 23 X/S Edition isn’t working. Someone please read the paragraph below and help I beg…

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Fifa 23 X/S Edition isn’t working. Someone please read the paragraph below and help I beg…: So I got fifa 23 X/S edition when it came out (bought with disc). And recently it has stopped working. Firstly, when I tried to open the app it said something like this: ‘Your game trial has...