Please oh please

Discus and support Please oh please in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I didn't feel that xbox one costs to much. I think it is great value for what I paid. It's to much huh? Compared to what? Playstation? I certainly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by skys7, Jan 3, 2014.

1. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

Please oh please

I didn't feel that xbox one costs to much. I think it is great value for what I paid. It's to much huh? Compared to what? Playstation? I certainly don't think so. The xbox one has way better value even with the higher price tag. Totally my opinion though.
    And Mia, how can you make a hasty decision on something that was announced 6 months before the product was released. As soon as they said they were not doing b/c I knew I was keeping my 360. It's not as though they didn't give us fair warning.

DuFFuL, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Obviously it was possible cause others are posting about it.

Let me give an Example!

"I love my X1 but I'm bored since there is no games for it, I should have kept my 360"

I clearly remember seeing this exact sentence in a thread last week.

Listed mia 510, Jan 4, 2014
  3. More people thank you think used their 360's as base funds for their X1 pre orders. I would call that a hasty decision. Just saying

4. Thanatos465
    Thanatos465 Guest

Please oh please

Why backwards compatibility is free money for MSFT as they could still sale old 360 games on the marketplace. Although it would require software emulation as the 360 was POWERPC based and not x86. But since the 360 so old I doubt any major hardware resources
    would bog down emulation.

Thanatos465, Jan 4, 2014
  5. ^ they are still selling 360 games on the market place, the 360 market place

6. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Is all I'm saying is it's a really pointless conversation. It really isn't going to happen.

DuFFuL, Jan 4, 2014
  7. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest
    @Duffel Gamestop had great deals on system trade-ins around at least April-June. I got 105 dollars for my old 360+20gb HDD. With a price increase from BC, having that option would likely reset the price back to or close to what people already paid for it.
    Since there would have been no reason to keep their 360. I think I could've recieved 150 dollars for my slim 360 but I was told I had to keep it by MS and my fellow gamers if I wanted to continue playing the old stuff. That would've been half the price for
    an X1. Just sayin...

-

The game streaming option for BC just gives corporations another line into our pockets. I'd rather pay a base price for something and use it at my leisure than keep paying annually or renewing when I want to use it. Not to mention they could up the price
    whenever they want too. Further "milking us" as gamers love to put it.

-

I'm under no assumption that BC will be added in to Xbox One as it is too late and gamers didn't make enough fuss about it. I just thinks its hilarious how gamers sweep stuff under the rug when it couldn't possibly affect their own wants.

Burst Axe, Jan 7, 2014
  8. Reidzer N7
    Reidzer N7 Guest

Please oh please

BUT I NEED TO PLAY MY 360 GAMES AND I NEED TO PLAY THEM NOW!!

Nah just kidding lol.

Reidzer N7, Jan 7, 2014
  9. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Burst axe I have to disagree. This is not about what gamers want. It's about what's good for business and for the 77 million xbox 360 owners out there that have no plans to upgrade anytime soon. If you put backwards compatibility into the x1 it effectively
    kills the 360. Sony tried to do it with ps3 and ps2 but games released for ps2 pretty much dried up. To bad for all the people who didn't upgrade. The 360 has a massive install base and it's way smarter to keep it as a separate entity. It's way better for
    customers who aren't upgrading and it's way better for Microsoft business wise.

DuFFuL, Jan 7, 2014
  10. I had a guy come into the gamestop I work at yesterday and ask if they are planning on releasing a new version of the console with Backwards Compatibility. For a moment I just stated at him in disbelief of what he was asking... I then proceeded to give
    him examples of why it wasn't going to happen, and I mentioned that only the first models of the ps3 was bc and then they did away with it. And I showed him how fat the original bc ps3. He never knew that slit the ps3, and couldn't seem to wrap his head
    around that Microsoft was not planning on "correcting" their horrible mistake. I don't understand people.... I kept my 360, it's sitting right next to my one. I don't get the big deal of needed to get rid of your 360. He was complaining that he felt cheated
    cause now all the 360 games he bought in the last 6 months are rendered useless. Seriously? No one is holding a gun to your head and making you get rid of your 360. Keep in mind this guys hadn't even purchased an xbox one yet, since he was holding out for
    a corrected version

MurderTramp17, Jan 7, 2014
  11. Stared* at him. Phone won't let me edit previous post, sorry

MurderTramp17, Jan 7, 2014
  12. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    I don't understand either. People are saying they have to sell their 360 to help pay for the one but why not wait another month and save the money. If the x1 was b/c can you imagine the price drop on the 360 trade in. Everyone that bought an x1 would have
    traded it in and they would be worth nothing because the stores would have so many. You would be lucky to get $50 at the most. You get next to nothing for them now as it is.

DuFFuL, Oct 31, 2018
  13. DuFFuL Win User

Please oh please

Burst axe I have to disagree. This is not about what gamers want. It's about what's good for business and for the 77 million xbox 360 owners out there that have no plans to upgrade anytime soon. If you put backwards compatibility into the x1 it effectively
    kills the 360. Sony tried to do it with ps3 and ps2 but games released for ps2 pretty much dried up. To bad for all the people who didn't upgrade. The 360 has a massive install base and it's way smarter to keep it as a separate entity. It's way better for
    customers who aren't upgrading and it's way better for Microsoft business wise.
  14. Reidzer N7 Win User

Please oh please

BUT I NEED TO PLAY MY 360 GAMES AND I NEED TO PLAY THEM NOW!!

Nah just kidding lol.
  15. Listed mia 510 Win User

Please oh please

More people thank you think used their 360's as base funds for their X1 pre orders. I would call that a hasty decision. Just saying
  16. DuFFuL Win User

Please oh please

I didn't feel that xbox one costs to much. I think it is great value for what I paid. It's to much huh? Compared to what? Playstation? I certainly don't think so. The xbox one has way better value even with the higher price tag. Totally my opinion though.
    And Mia, how can you make a hasty decision on something that was announced 6 months before the product was released. As soon as they said they were not doing b/c I knew I was keeping my 360. It's not as though they didn't give us fair warning.
  17. NYJets12 Win User

Please oh please

[quote user="DuFFuL"]

Well seriously. There must be a lot of cats on here.

[/quote]

I saw a kangaroo last Tuesday it had a xbone in it's pouch
Thema:

Please oh please

1. Please oh please - Similar Threads - Please please

2. Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned: Hello. Please help me. I got my only account banned. I have serious health problems and I don't have many joys in life other than playing my xbox. no friends no girlfriend. I am depressed. The...
  3. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XboX Insiders
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  4. I was wrongfully com banned please help?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I was wrongfully com banned please help?: so basically i got com banned for someone reporting an old message which i admit i did say, but recently around the end of march, i was com banned for over a year because of hate speech, and in...
  5. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  6. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  7. Please assist question underneath

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please assist question underneath: I have an ASUS 2022 26 inch gaming monitor that allows me to turn variable refresh rate to gaming & Home Screen.. that being said and this might be a silly question but the box above it the “allow...
  8. Please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help.: For some reason my xbox keeps spamming the button A i turned off my controller it still did it. i shut my xbox off it still did it. I switched controllers AND opened it up and put rubbing alcohol....
  9. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  10. PLEASE HELp

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PLEASE HELp: It won't give me the option to join or invite any of my friends to games. All my permissions are on and i have live, idk what the issue is. 50115d1e-6b03-4e43-ad40-4d7701b9542b