Please oh please

Discus and support Please oh please in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I wonder what you super old dudes conversation would have been like concerning nintendo's and BC.'s Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by skys7, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Please oh please

I wonder what you super old dudes conversation would have been like concerning nintendo's and BC.'s

Listed mia 510, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Grew up with Nintendo. Then they made Mario party even more annoying... Anyway, reflection aside...and onto business.

We have a console with countless followers and even something of a cult. How does a company top that while innovating. Keep both. How do you sell the new system without damaging sales on other system? A entirely different processor. If the rival company
    is doing the same, then you will likely not lose as much.

Now, onto the topic of Kinect. Why is it forced? So features will be consistent on consoles. One guy yells at his system, while the other yells for the sake of it. Madness no? Level the playing field by making an optional feature mandatory. It promotes developer
    productivity on that specific accessory meaning more profit in future. Where would we be today if webcams were not added to computers or phones? There has to be a start somewhere. Added to the fact that MS owns skype.. Good move. And moving back to the 360.

What more do you expect to happen? Its the second Microsoft console (that I will acknowledge here). An end had to start somewhere.

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 3, 2014
  3. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Us super old dudes moved with the times. After sega master system I went to the sega megadrive. And you know what. The old cartridges didn't fit in the new system. But did we complain? No! We kept the old system for our old games and used the new one for
    the new games. It seems young people these days can't let go of the past yet they always complain they want something new. When the X1 does something different everyone complains it's not like the 360. When a game tries something new everyone complains that
    it's not like the old one. And when a company tries to branch out into the future, everyone wants to bring there old stuff along. You can keep the past separate from the future. If you can't or won't have both, then choose. But accept that they are separate
    and always will be!

DuFFuL, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Please oh please

Still have my older sisters SNES. Though to back up DuFFuL have to say. Those who cannot accept moving to a new console, should just head back to PC games. Im sure steam will still be around 20 years from now.

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 3, 2014
  5. A lot of us can accept moving on because we have moved on...to a different console. BC wasn't the deciding factor in my decision but it could have been, it would have been nice to at least be able to play all the arcade games I have bought from the marketplace.

And the whole issue with Kinect being forced, you can try but it's a gamble. When it comes down to it you don't actually force people to do things because in the end it really is up to them. People reject things, it has happened time and time again and not
    just in the video game industry.

Sunburst Univox, Jan 3, 2014
  6. MASTASLICE
    MASTASLICE Guest
    Look at it this way, not much people have space 4 a 360 and a xbox one together. Making this is pointless. People want it, because, it makes there life easier. 360 had soo much great things, like Gears of War on it . That game is great. Last generation
    was big, way bigger then the first xbox generation.

MASTASLICE, Jan 3, 2014
  7. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Look I do understand that people want B/C and I do sympathise. I too think it would be easier to use the X1 for everything but really, it's not going to happen. Microsoft is committed to the 360. Otherwise they would not have created a new version of it
    and no amount of threads is going to change it. Is all I hope is that we can all finally move on and enjoy gaming the way it is. This is a very exciting time and I personally can't wait. So before you start a new thread, think about what you say, and try to
    do so in a mature fashion.

DuFFuL, Jan 3, 2014
  8. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest

Please oh please

@Blue Illusion I've never ignored the fact that it would cost us more money though I don't understand how having the parts of a 360 inside a Xbox One would somehow make us have to buy our games all over again? It would just be an initial price increase that
    would save all the people who want backwards compatibility money in the long run, while simultaneously being almost a non issue for those that don't care either way because they could've just traded their 360 in towards their X1 purchase. I've learned consumers
    don't like saving money so having the "just keep your 360" mindset so widespread isn't too hard to believe.

-

It also wouldn't cost devs any time or money because we would just pop our discs in.

Burst Axe, Jan 3, 2014
  9. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    So what your saying is that with all the complaints about the price of the x1, you think people would be willing to pay more just to play their old games. Ok. That makes a lot of sense. I know I wouldn't want to pay more when I could just keep something
    I already have.

DuFFuL, Jan 3, 2014
  10. I agree. I am still in possession of my 360 and I still buy new and used games for it.

But I spend most my time on this "new" system.

I want new games for X1 forget all those old games we already pumped hundreds of hours into.

Listed mia 510, Jan 4, 2014
  11. NYJets12
    NYJets12 Guest
    [quote user="DuFFuL"]

Well seriously. There must be a lot of cats on here.

[/quote]

I saw a kangaroo last Tuesday it had a xbone in it's pouch

NYJets12, Jan 4, 2014
  12. Just have to question something mentioned before. Not enough space for both? You spend that much on a console yet your place is apparently not big enough to support having both consoles around... I dont usually attack someones point but that is just ire
    inducing. Sure, you may have meant something different but that sir/madam was truly stupid.. @MASTASLICE

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 4, 2014
  13. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

Please oh please

As far as I can tell from all the threads I've read on this subject, the only people complaining about B/C are the people who got rid of their xbox 360. My guess is they realised there isn't a lot to do on the x1 being that it's still early days and are
    now regretting it. There not rely annoyed at Microsoft. They annoyed at themselves for their stupid decision to get rid of what is still a fantastic console. I still don't understand though, that if you got rid of your xbox. Why do you still have the games?

DuFFuL, Jan 4, 2014
  14. It does not make them stupid decisions, they were just hastily made and not well thought out. Stupid is harsh for what should be said. Honest mistake...

Listed mia 510, Jan 4, 2014
  15. [quote user="DuFFuL"]

So what your saying is that with all the complaints about the price of the x1, you think people would be willing to pay more just to play their old games. Ok. That makes a lot of sense. I know I wouldn't want to pay more when I could just keep something
    I already have.

[/quote]

No, no, no....the X1 already costs too much but BC would have allowed me to sell my 360 and accessories making that $500 price tag seem more reasonable.

Sunburst Univox, Jan 4, 2014
Thema:

Please oh please

1. Please oh please - Similar Threads - Please please

2. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  3. Please assist question underneath

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please assist question underneath: I have an ASUS 2022 26 inch gaming monitor that allows me to turn variable refresh rate to gaming & Home Screen.. that being said and this might be a silly question but the box above it the “allow...
  4. Please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help.: For some reason my xbox keeps spamming the button A i turned off my controller it still did it. i shut my xbox off it still did it. I switched controllers AND opened it up and put rubbing alcohol....
  5. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  6. PLEASE HELp

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PLEASE HELp: It won't give me the option to join or invite any of my friends to games. All my permissions are on and i have live, idk what the issue is. 50115d1e-6b03-4e43-ad40-4d7701b9542b
  7. Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music

in XboX Insiders
    Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music: That would be great. And there are probably lots of people who would use it. submitted by /u/Brocker_9000 [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  9. Hey can you remove my suspension please .

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey can you remove my suspension please .: Hey I got a suspension yesterday because of making a groupost. It said (Ranked copper-silver) ( Boosting) . Can you please remove my suspension earlier because I think it was kinda unnecessary. I...
  10. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...