Please make crossplay with PC optional for Xbox One players

Discus and support Please make crossplay with PC optional for Xbox One players in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We have already seen instances where PC players have started using cheats , aim bots, hacks etc in Sea of thieves. In other games with crossplay that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JudaZ, Mar 25, 2018.

  1. JudaZ
    JudaZ Guest

    Please make crossplay with PC optional for Xbox One players


    We have already seen instances where PC players have started using cheats , aim bots, hacks etc in Sea of thieves. In other games with crossplay that is not as big of an issue because it is possible to turn off crossplay.

    There is no such option in Sea of thieves currently , and that is really starting to become a problem, and can potentially become huge problem.

    PC players will of course already have an unfair advantage with keyboard and mouse compared to a controller, this is a year old issue that unfortunately Microsoft have chosen to ignore and push crossplay anyway, but when it is optional I have no issue with
    that.

    I play on console (and pay to do so ) for many reasons , but one main reason is definitely to get away from the constant cheating PC players, that do not even have to pay to get in to the same system as Xbox players.

    Removing the option to block PC players is already starting to ruin the game in my opinion, and that would suck because I really love this game. Just give us the option to turn off crossplay.

    :)
     
    JudaZ, Mar 25, 2018
    #1
  2. Ark Crossplay

    Hi there

    You are correct crossplay dose let pc and xbox players play together.

    Not to sure about how to do it on Ark. every game has different ways of doing crossplay
     
    bloodbringer16, Mar 25, 2018
    #2
  3. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    MS Partnering with steam a good thing or not, if even possible....

    Heu,i scratch my head....

    Microsoft is trying to compete with Steam by giving away some Xbox one exclusive to PC gamer (Quantum Break won't be sold on Steam,until they look at sale figures)....But rumor says that Microsoft might partnership with Steam for crossplay.

    illogical.

    Crossplay can be done without Steam.

    Steam is an online retailer platform,not a crossplay servers provider.
     
    Tzar of kaos, Mar 25, 2018
    #3
  4. CrazyJuan Win User

    Microsoft's push of forcing crossplay between PC and Xbox is ruining multiplayer gaming

    I've been banging the drum about this for years. I was one of many who made the bloody, and much resisted by PC players, push for an option in Sea of Thieves. (Ended up with a ****matchmaking preference, but it's something at least.) Forced crossplay is a massive disservice that Xbox continually gets away with, particularly when it's forced on games that require Xbox live gold.

    I'm all for crossplay in co-op and I'm fine with an option for those who want to play with friends on PC. As a person who bought a console to not play with PC players, and pays to use it online I should always have the option to play only with console players.

    Why? Start with the obvious difficulty in matching players on a closed ecosystem with others on an open one. Hardware and input differences make fair play super challenging to achieve. Add in the well documented issue of cheaters being more prevalent on PC, and those "players" who aren't in the game to play it but to do whatever it is they call "making content" and I can't figure why anyone without someone specific play with would want crossplay on.

    That's not even talking about a suspicion I have that crossplay kinks in netcode is behind a lot of wonky online play.

    It's gotta be a directive from on high, as it's impossible to get anyone at Xbox to even respond let alone acknowledge that so many of us console buyers have concerns about forced crossplay.

    So in summation, I fully and whole heartedly agree that Xbox needs to value it's console buyers more than it has been with regards to forced crossplay and I hope OP has better luck than I have had getting anyone to hear us on it.
  5. AssertiveGrub90 Win User

    Cross Platform Play

    I think often PC players would definitely have an advantage but it depends on what type of game it is. Having the option to not crossplay would be a good way to make it more fair.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

    Cross platform cheats

    please Microsoft, please end the crossplay, us pc players are sick of going against console players with auto aim and exploits.
  7. Tezzerrific Win User

    Crossplay with PC

    so how about xbox one players playing cod with xbox series x players who have a huge jump in fps, should we also disable crossplay between xbox one and xbox series x. plus the exploits and cheats on xbox platform are just as bad as pc, from modded hardware to aim botting too.

    sony will soon have most games crossplay as they are moving most of their games to pc too, as pc makes more money for gaming companies than all consoles combined and has double the player count than all consoles combined too.
  8. RyanDixson-Carroll Win User

    Forced Crossplay (M&K vs Controller) is killing console fun

    When we asked for crossplay we only wanted crossplay for xbox vs playstation. Almost none of us wanted PC players added. Idc about KB&M. I just don't want to play against PC players. My reason doesn't matter. I pay for a game and I should be able to choose who I do and do not want to play with or against. A simple fix? Add the option to block PC match making. The reason they won't is because there are not enough PC players to fill lobbies. So why do they even care about PC? Console players make up 90% of their player base..... if console players went on strike just for a week or 2 things would actually change. Maybe we should try that. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for reading if you got this far.
Thema:

Please make crossplay with PC optional for Xbox One players

Loading...
  1. Please make crossplay with PC optional for Xbox One players - Similar Threads - Please crossplay optional

  2. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  3. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  4. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  5. Omega users who have not received the update, please read below. Support link provided.

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega users who have not received the update, please read below. Support link provided.: I'm seeing a lot of posts, and just figured this out talking to another user so figured I'd share the info. This is directly from Xbox and insider support....
  6. Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix: I own a physical disc copy of the Halo Infinite Collector's Steelbook Edition. Upon putting in the disc and doing the Digital Claim it only claims the Multiplayer version. This is ridiculous...
  7. Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?

    in XboX Insiders
    Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?: Hi, been playing xbox for over 20yrs but I didn't know about the insider program until I saw a friend with a badge. Says a lot about me, I usually just keep to myself and play games. Anyway there...
  8. Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox: Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox submitted by /u/Fabulous_Stock_5066 [link] [comments]
  9. Make back compat easier to find in the store please.

    in XboX Insiders
    Make back compat easier to find in the store please.: For as great of a program as it is you sure make it not easy to browse for back compat titles. In the store (at least on One X, not sure if they all look the same) you have Games on the sidebar....
  10. Xbox cloud gaming in estonia please

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cloud gaming in estonia please: please submitted by /u/Icy_Key_2246 [link] [comments]