Please invest heavy in counter-measures for spam/scam-profiles! IT IS GETTING ANNOYING!

Discus and support Please invest heavy in counter-measures for spam/scam-profiles! IT IS GETTING ANNOYING! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Probably a lot of you guys already encountered this:Any new profile adds your Gamertag and starts following you. Since personally i only add People... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ba009, Apr 3, 2020.

1. /u/ba009
    /u/ba009 Guest

Please invest heavy in counter-measures for spam/scam-profiles! IT IS GETTING ANNOYING!

Probably a lot of you guys already encountered this:Any new profile adds your Gamertag and starts following you. Since personally i only add People that i messaged before via TA (trueachievements - a page for Xbox Users) for sessions and stuff, i Always check the profile, when someone new adds me, that i didn't recognize. When i see 0 GS and literally an empty profile except some malicious link in their bio, i immiediately block and report the user.

The links consists mainly of some weird pages that refers to some fradulent Dating-Websites or Instang-Messaging profiles Always with "text me here" or something like that.

Since this happened to me very often in 1 year and before that None, it is getting really annoying Blocking that "user" (since this is probably a bot or smth). It is April now and i already blocked a handful of fake scam profiles.

The bad Thing about the current report System on Xlive is, that you don't get notified if the profile was banned or if what status your report has. There is no possibility to track this. I don't even know if the profiles get banned at all.

I would absolutely vote for an updated report System, where you can follow and track the cases and at least get notified when a "profile" was successfully suspended.

OR

Implement more strict anti-spam counter-measures to lower the amount of being able to create mass amounts of profiles just for this Purpose.

Another wish i really have is: Upon reporting there is no specific category for spam/scam. I Always use "Profile/Bio" as category and write down that it is full of spam.

Another way of protecting yourself would be that only People who are X days a member of Xbox Live Services are able to connect to someone. This Setting Needs to be implementent for everyone.

There is actually lots of ideas to Prevent this, but the functions are still missing.

If there is a Chance that any of the Xbox Team reads this, please consider this. It is something serious for me. In this times, where creating an account is essential in order to use a service, you can't Control who is going to Register, but you can take Action to sort out all of this annoying new ones, that are only here to distract People and making fraud or using malicious links for advertisement.

If there is any task-force in the Xbox Team that deals with this Topic, then i hope my message can reach you. If not, it is time to create that. I know some of this sounds crazy, but as a comparison lots of other Services have successful anti-spam Methods that keeps you safe from stupid bot-generated or handly made accounts that are just created to distract and disrupt the service and ist users.

Well, what do you think guys? Write down. Open for ideas/recommendations/experiences? Ever had something like that ? What do you do?

If you think this is something that Needs Attention and should be tackled, i ask you to upvote this, so the creators/devs or whatever can see this. I am not a frequent Reddit-User and quite new here, so the website and the function is quite new to me.

PS: I am not native English, so there will be lots of grammatical Errors. Don't mind the capital letters. It is automatically made by my browser.

submitted by /u/ba009
    [link] [comments]

/u/ba009, Apr 3, 2020
  2. R4VER Win User

Do you consider xbox ecosystem safe?

Apart from the odd phishing scam that gets through it is a very safe environment, there is plenty of preventative measures in place to counter any event.
  3. ncgfuelld Win User

Best Kept Battlefield 2 Secret?

@ SPQR ohh is that wha those where I thought they were some kind of Counter measure like flares lol, I think I saw those the other night to on heavy metal on the 1 of 8 times I have ever flown an apachee or Havoc.
  4. Skanker irl Win User

Why does ESL Gaming Allow Spamming of the same exact move in all of there Tournaments?

Usually in 1 vs. 1 games there is always a way to counter spam moves. Where it gets tricky is if you are playing games with multiple people, and you lose the game because someone is spamming and killing other players who can't counter the move.
  5. Malnificent Win User

Earn your Respect!

The common misconception by people who complain about spam is that they think anyone who disagrees or tells them to learn how to counter it, is a spammer themselves. This is often not the case. A lot of us have just played other fighting games, MK vs DCU,
    SCIV, BlazBlue, SF4, MvC3, etc. and know that online that is a big thing you will encounter. And as such, you can argue fighting game ethics or you can learn to counter it. Period. Arguing it on a forum isn't going to open the eyes of the people doing it
    if its working, and b/c of people complaining instead of training and getting better, its working. Most of the counter points to this "spamming is cheap" argument are by people who understand this. Doesn't mean "hey, I disagree with your strong anti-spam
    stance, it must be because I have no honor and spammed scorpions teleport 28 times in a row every match."

Yea, spamming is annoying, and a boring match. Just learn to beat them down and then deny them a rematch.
  6. Trvprical Win User

Scammers

recently ive been playing alot of nba 2k19 park with my buddy and we both get spam messages talking about a team to join but its literally the same message sent everytime. just keep your eyes pealed and check the profile if it feels like a spam or scam
    just report and xbox support will do the rest.
Thema:

1. Please invest heavy in counter-measures for spam/scam-profiles! IT IS GETTING ANNOYING! - Similar Threads - Please invest heavy

2. Please assist question underneath

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please assist question underneath: I have an ASUS 2022 26 inch gaming monitor that allows me to turn variable refresh rate to gaming & Home Screen.. that being said and this might be a silly question but the box above it the “allow...
  3. Please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help.: For some reason my xbox keeps spamming the button A i turned off my controller it still did it. i shut my xbox off it still did it. I switched controllers AND opened it up and put rubbing alcohol....
  4. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  5. PLEASE HELp

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PLEASE HELp: It won't give me the option to join or invite any of my friends to games. All my permissions are on and i have live, idk what the issue is. 50115d1e-6b03-4e43-ad40-4d7701b9542b
  6. Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music

in XboX Insiders
    Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music: That would be great. And there are probably lots of people who would use it. submitted by /u/Brocker_9000 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  8. Hey can you remove my suspension please .

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey can you remove my suspension please .: Hey I got a suspension yesterday because of making a groupost. It said (Ranked copper-silver) ( Boosting) . Can you please remove my suspension earlier because I think it was kinda unnecessary. I...
  9. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  10. Please help, can't open any games

in XboX Insiders
    Please help, can't open any games: Hi everyone, So my Xbox isn't loading any games.. been doing it for 2 weeks so I did a full reset and all was good... Until 2 days later.. I lost my cool because I can't open anything once again....