Please implement proper audio pass through

Discus and support Please implement proper audio pass through in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Unless I have missed anything proper audio pass through (HD audio incl. Atmos) only works when playing Blu-rays. This is really a half baked solution... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Per G Jonsson, Mar 5, 2018.

  1. Please implement proper audio pass through


    Unless I have missed anything proper audio pass through (HD audio incl. Atmos) only works when playing Blu-rays.

    This is really a half baked solution (I wanted to use another phrase here but I will be nice) and quite frankly unacceptable.

    Please implement proper audio pass through that works for everything, especially for media apps like Plex and Kodi.

    :)
     
    Per G Jonsson, Mar 5, 2018
    #1
  2. Help. No sound from Comcast television whatsoever...

    I have my Comcast routed through my XBOX ONE via HDMI pass through. Although the XBOX ONE works perfectly and has great audio, my Comcast does not have any audio whatsoever.

    Please help me troubleshoot this!
     
    deathscythecustom, Mar 5, 2018
    #2
  3. DISSAPPOINTING MKV, AVI not playing any sound on Xbox One

    Unless they implement DAMN BITSTREAM (real pass-thru) audio option in the Movies or Media Player app, there won´t be any sound when playing MKVs or .mp4s or any other files with HD audio embedded...totally inept Microsoft
     
    OlivePanda43053, Mar 5, 2018
    #3
  4. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest

    Please implement proper audio pass through

    Dolby Atmos settings on the Xbox can be tricky. The game/audio source needs to support it. The Xbox needs to be able to detect the Dolby Atmos device through HDMI.

    Please review the steps and troubleshooting and eventual solution in this article

    NO SOUND USING DOLBY ATMOS SOUNDBAR

    "Please implement proper audio pass through that works for everything, especially for media apps like Plex and Kodi."

    - The apps are designed by their own developer, not by Xbox. If that developer wants to add Atmos support then that developer will need to change their app for the Xbox One accordingly

    Feature requests would be better posted here -
    http://feedback.xbox.com
     
    HAZMAT RADIO, Mar 6, 2018
    #4
  5. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

    Please implement proper audio pass through

    Dolby Atmos settings on the Xbox can be tricky. The game/audio source needs to support it. The Xbox needs to be able to detect the Dolby Atmos device through HDMI.

    Please review the steps and troubleshooting and eventual solution in this article

    https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread/63f80c5f-fa6a-4102-bb6e-f2aa0ce3c7c5?page=1

    "Please implement proper audio pass through that works for everything, especially for media apps like Plex and Kodi."

    - The apps are designed by their own developer, not by Xbox. If that developer wants to add Atmos support then that developer will need to change their app for the Xbox One accordingly

    Feature requests would be better posted here -
    http://feedback.xbox.com
  6. Smwutches Win User

    Im an ambassador and i cant access forums

    I'll pass it on. Please remember to report Ambassador issues through the proper channels (report a bug site, CMs, etc.).
  7. ninjapirateZERO Win User

    Xbox One X seems to power on but will not display

    I've tried everything several times, on separate TV's and I'm sure it was the proper port. There is no audio to the tv but I still get audio through my wireless headset.
  8. OlivePanda43053 Win User

    DISSAPPOINTING MKV, AVI not playing any sound on Xbox One

    Unless they implement DAMN BITSTREAM (real pass-thru) audio option in the Movies or Media Player app, there won´t be any sound when playing MKVs or .mp4s or any other files with HD audio embedded...totally inept Microsoft
  9. Sebastian [MSFT] Win User

    When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

    Hi everyone! There is a post on feedback.xbox.com for this. Please go and vote for it!

    Visit feedback.xbox.com and search for "Proper HD Audio Support".
Thema:

Please implement proper audio pass through

Loading...
  1. Please implement proper audio pass through - Similar Threads - Please implement proper

  2. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  3. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  4. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  5. Omega users who have not received the update, please read below. Support link provided.

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega users who have not received the update, please read below. Support link provided.: I'm seeing a lot of posts, and just figured this out talking to another user so figured I'd share the info. This is directly from Xbox and insider support....
  6. Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix: I own a physical disc copy of the Halo Infinite Collector's Steelbook Edition. Upon putting in the disc and doing the Digital Claim it only claims the Multiplayer version. This is ridiculous...
  7. Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?

    in XboX Insiders
    Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?: Hi, been playing xbox for over 20yrs but I didn't know about the insider program until I saw a friend with a badge. Says a lot about me, I usually just keep to myself and play games. Anyway there...
  8. Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox: Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox submitted by /u/Fabulous_Stock_5066 [link] [comments]
  9. Make back compat easier to find in the store please.

    in XboX Insiders
    Make back compat easier to find in the store please.: For as great of a program as it is you sure make it not easy to browse for back compat titles. In the store (at least on One X, not sure if they all look the same) you have Games on the sidebar....
  10. Microsoft consider implementing "Disable Xbox On-Screen Keyboard" please

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft consider implementing "Disable Xbox On-Screen Keyboard" please: Microsoft should consider implementing an option for Xbox users to disable the on-screen keyboard. As an Xbox user, it can be quite frustrating having to repeatedly press the Windows key + Esc key...