Please help with series x mic audio cutting out after matchmaking in game

Discus and support Please help with series x mic audio cutting out after matchmaking in game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay so I got a series x a few days ago and noticed the problem of in party chat my mic cuts out indefinitely after 1-2 mins of playing any game that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Damillsxbox, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Damillsxbox
    Damillsxbox Guest

Okay so I got a series x a few days ago and noticed the problem of in party chat my mic cuts out indefinitely after 1-2 mins of playing any game that utilizes matchmaking. Overlay shows the mic still working but nothing can be heard from me by anyone I play
    with. Party is still working and I can hear everyone and game audio is fine. This only happens if I play a game that utilizes matchmaking. I can use party chat all day in dashboard or while loading games but within 1-2 mins of playing it cuts out. When it
    cuts out I can still send a voice message to people as well. The only way to get it to work again is if I close out game, go to dashboard and rejoin party. I can also close out game, go to dashboard and unplug/plug mic back in without leaving the party. If
    I stay in the game after it cuts out I can leave and rejoin party and it will work again for a few seconds before cutting out again.

This problem started when I changed from my xbox one x to the new series x. Everything I am using is the same including my network, headset, and controller. If I hook my xbox one x back up I have no audio issues with the party and everything works correctly.

Things I have tried.....

Power cycling xbox, Modem, and router

2 different controllers

Wireless headset

Wired headset

I have used same network as previous xbox

I have done IP pass through with another router to ensure open NAT type

I dont know what else to try and this is frustrating enough that I can't play any games and communicate with my friends on my new series x. I dont want to return the new box but am running low on options. If anyone has any suggestions please help! I tried
    asking for customer support to call back and wasprompted that there is no call back for this type of problem.

:)

Damillsxbox, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Jeramathius Win User

Marvel Avengers sound cuts out mins into game playing?

XBOX Series X, newest patch....sound cuts out minutes after loading. Restart the game and it works for about 2 minutes then cuts out again. It is only the Marvel Avengers game and it is new after the Tachyon rift patch.
  3. PhysEdFuel Win User

Trying to get digital assistant to work but screen shows mic is turned off do I need a headset or is there one built in

Unfortunately, there is no built-in mic on the Xbox Series X and no bluetooth support if you're thinking to go that route.

You will need to attach a headset with a mic to the Xbox Series X controller. The Xbox Series X controller uses a standard 2.5mm audio connection for Xbox Live, you can use any standard headset. (It does not have to be something fancy or expensive.)

I hope this helps. Merry Christmas to all!
  4. NelsonWillyJ Win User

Another headset adaptor issue

I think that sounds like a slightly different issue. I don't get any chat audio at all once a mic cable is plugged in. I've tried a few mic cables and the problem is totally consistent. I'm waiting to test out whether I've got a defective unit here but am
    having to wait due to the stock shortages. My gut feeling is that this is actually a software issue. The fact that chat audio plays through the headset before a mic is plugged in, then cuts out as soon as the mic is plugged in means that the adaptor is detecting
    the mic and then incorrectly cutting out the chat audio.
  5. Elvite Win User

Marvel Avengers sound cuts out mins into game playing?

I can also confirm that all audio cuts out after a few minutes of gameplay on an Xbox Series X after the latest 1.6.0 game update. Users on Reddit are reporting the same thing. They have found a temporary workaround. If you change your audio for both your speakers and your headset to stereo uncompressed then the game audio will not cut out. Another workaround, that I did not personally care for, is supposedly to drop the volume level of “sound effects“ in the games settings to 0. This allows you to hear voice actors and music, but all fighting-type sounds disappears.

There seems to be some sort of glitch related to the other surround sound type modes that cuts all game audio out after a few minutes of playing. Note that no other audio is affected when this occurs, such as operating system sounds and other game audio.

I have an Xbox series X and I was set for “7.1 Uncompressed” audio and ever since the latest patch, the audio would stop after a few minutes rendering the game completely silent until you force quit the game and reboot it. However, that would only be good for a few minutes until it would happen again. After I set my audio to “stereo uncompressed“, I was able to play for a couple hours straight with no interruption at all in audio. This is my preferred workaround for now, but it sure would be nice if this game can be fixed so that I can have my surroundsound back.

I wanted to add one more thing. I do recall that this did happen (with the audio disappearing) occasionally before this patch, but it seemed like it only happened once or twice to me over the past couple weeks of me playing the game. Immediately after this patch though, it would happen after a few minutes of gameplay consistently.

UPDATE: Although someone marked my comment as an “answer“, it really is just a workaround. No one wants to be forced to turn off surround sound on their Xbox Series X/S just for one game. I have a great home theater system and really would rather have the benefit of surround sound on it. I am hoping that Microsoft and the developer can come up with a fix soon.
  6. martyrknight69 Win User

Certain games on my Xbox series x launch with no sound

First my audio cut out and I could not hear anything on the main screen or in games. I changed the hdmi port and the sound worked momentarily but cut out again. It seems to only affect certain games. I have a samsung tv, Q60 series QLED.
Thema:

1. Please help with series x mic audio cutting out after matchmaking in game - Similar Threads - Please help series

2. I was wrongfully com banned please help?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I was wrongfully com banned please help?: so basically i got com banned for someone reporting an old message which i admit i did say, but recently around the end of march, i was com banned for over a year because of hate speech, and in...
  3. Please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help.: For some reason my xbox keeps spamming the button A i turned off my controller it still did it. i shut my xbox off it still did it. I switched controllers AND opened it up and put rubbing alcohol....
  4. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  5. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  6. I can't find my Xbox series s controller please help me

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't find my Xbox series s controller please help me: Please help me from this problem e8a587df-a9bc-4ab6-89ad-527665aa50cd
  7. Xbox Series X caught in an update loop - please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X caught in an update loop - please help!: I'm running an Xbox Series X, and a small update (784 megs) was pushed through to my Xbox this morning. It finished the first two bars (install and verification), but then the Xbox simply turns...
  8. My XBOX SERIES X shuts off mid game while I am playing games Please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XBOX SERIES X shuts off mid game while I am playing games Please help: I have it in a room that isn't cramped or small. It sits on a table with plenty of space for ventilation and air flow. I can barely complete 1 game without it just suddenly shutting off. One beep...
  9. Xbox series x unable to save progress offline. Please help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x unable to save progress offline. Please help.: Hi, I am experiencing issue with offline play on xbox series x. I have 3 games, halo 3, Fallout new vegas and Fallout 3. Halo 3 I have a disk and other two I downloaded from store. Issue is that I...
  10. Can't add a different profile on my series x please help if anyone can

in XboX Insiders
    Can't add a different profile on my series x please help if anyone can: Every time I try to add my cousins account I put the info in correctly and it gives me a infinite loading screen submitted by /u/Pitiful_Ad_7766 [link] [comments]