Please help ....External hard drive not installing games

Discus and support Please help ....External hard drive not installing games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi my external hard drive has recently stopped working since the last xbox update. It has all worked for 4 months prior to updating the xbox I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kirstysingh, Apr 30, 2020.

1. kirstysingh
    kirstysingh Guest

Hi

my external hard drive has recently stopped working since the last xbox update. It has all worked for 4 months prior to updating the xbox

I have a seagate 2tb firecuda ssd which is connected by the xbox one hub with a usb 3.0 port

I can transfer games to the internal hard from the external one but can only transfer apps to the external.

I have also tested and reformatted the external hard drive on my laptop which made no difference at all.

the xbox one is recognising the external and does the set up when the external one is connected.

I have tried powering down the xbox as well as a full factory reset and still will not working.

is anyone else experiencing this since the feb update???

Any help would be appreciated

:)

kirstysingh, Apr 30, 2020
  2. 5521d95b-395a-4fe8-a Win User

Xbox 360 slim internal hard drive vs external hard drive

Hi GhostCrusher95,

Indeed you can install a game to an external hard drive. Please follow these easy steps to start playing games from your external hard drive:

Step 1.

Power the Xbox and connect the external hard disk drive into the port (The Xbox should self-detect it).

Step 2.

Insert the game disk you want to install on the hard disk drive.

Step 3.

Highlight/hover over the game that is on the CD.

Step 4.

Press "Y" on your controller. (While still hovering over the game on the "home menu" and a window will appear prompting you to choose which hard disk to install or select on the external hard drive.

Step 5.

Select the external hard drive and wait until the game fully installs on the hard disk drive. Then you can play the game!

I hope this helps, If you have anymore issues please don't hesitate to contact us again :) Happy Gaming!
  3. Ruthless Rizza Win User

is it possible this is a hardware issue

Hey ShinobiSword,

i noticed you have an external hard drive in use with your console, are the games that are crashing installed on your internal or external hard drive?

if they are on the external drive it may be worth trying to move the install of the game to your internal drive and having another go.

Hope this helps, best of luck!
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Gears of War 5 Keeps freexing

Sorry to hear it. If your game is installed on your console and you have an external hard drive attached please try installing it on the external. Do vice versa if you have the game installed to an external
  5. OpticRJames Win User

How do I fix this “Installation Stopped” problem on Apex Legends?

Hi, Lyn. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please check if your console has enough storage for the game installation. If it has enough storage, try installing it on the external hard drive if you have one connected, if it doesn't work on the external hard drive, try installing it on the internal hard drive.

If the above steps don't work, please try setting up a mobile hotspot connection using your phone, then connect the console to the hotspot connection. Try installing the game after that and see if it works.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Games downloading past 100%. Help?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Are you trying to install these games on your Xbox internal storage or external hard drive?

If it's on your External hard drive, kindly try to install these games on your Xbox Internal Storage then unplug the external hard drive.

If there is no External hard drive the best option is resetting the console removing everything.
Thema:

1. Please help ....External hard drive not installing games - Similar Threads - Please help External

2. please help me

in XBoX on Windows
    please help me: In 2021 I got an Xbox 360 with Minecraft on it and a nice hard drive. Three years later the hard drive started making this clicking sound then the Xbox button turn red and E68 error code. I got my...
  3. Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned: Hello. Please help me. I got my only account banned. I have serious health problems and I don't have many joys in life other than playing my xbox. no friends no girlfriend. I am depressed. The...
  4. I was wrongfully com banned please help?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I was wrongfully com banned please help?: so basically i got com banned for someone reporting an old message which i admit i did say, but recently around the end of march, i was com banned for over a year because of hate speech, and in...
  5. Please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help.: For some reason my xbox keeps spamming the button A i turned off my controller it still did it. i shut my xbox off it still did it. I switched controllers AND opened it up and put rubbing alcohol....
  6. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  7. PLEASE HELp

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PLEASE HELp: It won't give me the option to join or invite any of my friends to games. All my permissions are on and i have live, idk what the issue is. 50115d1e-6b03-4e43-ad40-4d7701b9542b
  8. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  9. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  10. Please help, can't open any games

in XboX Insiders
    Please help, can't open any games: Hi everyone, So my Xbox isn't loading any games.. been doing it for 2 weeks so I did a full reset and all was good... Until 2 days later.. I lost my cool because I can't open anything once again....