Please help, can't even open Halo MCC

Discus and support Please help, can't even open Halo MCC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is incredibly frustrating, I have a bunch of issues trying to run the game. I have sunk hours into perusing forums for different fixes, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rob Goodwin1, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Rob Goodwin1
    Rob Goodwin1 Guest

This is incredibly frustrating, I have a bunch of issues trying to run the game.
    I have sunk hours into perusing forums for different fixes, and everything I've tried is temporary at best.

First of all, the problems seem to be centred around Easy Anti-Cheat.
    When I run the game with it disabled it works fine, but I like my achievements and they don't pop if you run the game that way.

To the issues:
    1. The first problem is I get 'MCC-Win64-Shipping.exe - Application Error' error message when I run the application, and the game won't start. Sometimes this is fixed by running as administrator, other times it isn't.

2. When I run as administrator and don't get the message, Easy Anti-Cheat loads but the game does not. in the task manager both EAC and the program have been shifted to Background Processes rather than Apps. When I end the Process manually, I get an 'Application Error' message, AND an 'untrusted system file' error message, usually different files each time, but always located somewhere in the :C drive MCC folder, even though I have the game downloaded to my SSD drive Please help, can't even open Halo MCC :)R).
    On that, I seem to have MCC folders with similar files in both my :C and SSD drive, I don't know if that's intentional by the designers due to playing on GamePass.

3. On the odd occasion I have managed to get the game running, I have been subjected to frequent crashes with the 'UE4 Fatal Error' pop up, however I haven't had as much opportunity to troubleshoot that since I haven't been able to run the game very often.

As said previously, any fix that I have found to run the game has been only temporary and not lasted past coming back the next day. This includes uninstalling and reinstalling the game which I have tried multiple times.

Also, I don't seem to have to "Verify and Repair" option in the Manage drop down for the game in the Xbox app. That seems to be a common fix but it doesn't appear for me

I am now at the point where I can't get into the game at all with EAC on.

Hope you can help

:)

Rob Goodwin1, Mar 17, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Let's try to troubleshoot. Please follow the steps here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

Then please restart your PC and try it again. Thanks!
  3. Rob Goodwin1 Win User

No luck unfortunately Dericka

It still did what I described in the second point above. This time though I didn't get any sort of "Application Error" message, only the 'untrusted system file' message once I had to end the process through the task manager.
  4. Krogoth88 Win User

No games will install whatsoever. I get no error message, it simply just doesn't try to install at all. I have the basic Game Pass subscription for PC.

I'm having the same issue! I can't start Master Chief Collection after the Halo 2 update. I uninstalled MCC and now I can't even reinstall MCC! other games seem to be fine starting the download but none of the Halo games work anymore.
  5. SammyGomes1 Win User

Halo reach is installed but cannot find game

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Xbox Gamer and I will be helping you today.

How are you, Stevo?

This game works with Halo MCC, you have to search for and install Halo MCC, open Halo MCC and run the game from there.

[​IMG]
  6. SammyVS Win User

Halo reach is installed but cannot find game

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Xbox Gamer and I will be helping you today.

How are you, Stevo?

This game works with Halo MCC, you have to search for and install Halo MCC, open Halo MCC and run the game from there.

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Please help, can't even open Halo MCC - Similar Threads - Please help can't

2. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  3. Please help, can't open any games

in XboX Insiders
    Please help, can't open any games: Hi everyone, So my Xbox isn't loading any games.. been doing it for 2 weeks so I did a full reset and all was good... Until 2 days later.. I lost my cool because I can't open anything once again....
  4. I can't access my minecraft account please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access my minecraft account please help: I migrated my minecraft account for pc but it now tells me I have to buy it again b81adca0-ce6a-4b08-bc3a-e45d53695181
  5. I can't find my Xbox series s controller please help me

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't find my Xbox series s controller please help me: Please help me from this problem e8a587df-a9bc-4ab6-89ad-527665aa50cd
  6. Can't load into ARK player dedicated server my friend has, please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't load into ARK player dedicated server my friend has, please help.: I cannot load into my friends player dedicated server. Whenever I try to join it loads the PrimalGameDate_BP and then cannot connect into the server from there. I have tried to reset my wifi,...
  7. I have a negative problem so i bought plat and i still can't play. can someone please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a negative problem so i bought plat and i still can't play. can someone please help: I have a negative plat problem so i bought plat and it still won't let me play I could really use some help 3e86f927-a222-4e7b-89a6-b37bcc718cda
  8. My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, I need help please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, I need help please.: Hello Everyone, I just got a xbox 360 two weeks ago and it had no problem connecting to xbox live. Yesterday it disconnected me so I tried to test the connection and now it couldn't connect to the...
  9. Can't play one of my favorite games due to gamepass glitch Please HELP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play one of my favorite games due to gamepass glitch Please HELP: So I bought the game DayZ a long time ago. About 5 months ago I was gifted game pass ultimate by code. I haven't paid for it. Now everytime I try joining a server it says "Renew Your Gamepass" to...
  10. Can't launch Starfield, Gamepass is giving Error code: (0xc0000096)- Please help!

in XboX Insiders
    Can't launch Starfield, Gamepass is giving Error code: (0xc0000096)- Please help!: As the title says- I've tried everything, updated drivers, reinstalled Starfield (three times now!), and rebooted my computer multiple times. I've done all the admin commands on cmd, verified and...