PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...

Discus and support PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello all. I’m low-key having a breakdown due to this issue and I can’t seem to find support or a solution. Console: XBox series X NAT Type: Open... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Georgea A, May 16, 2023.

1. Georgea A
    Georgea A Guest

PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...

Hello all. I’m low-key having a breakdown due to this issue and I can’t seem to find support or a solution.

Console: XBox series X

NAT Type: Open

Headsets: Razor wireless headset and random earphones

Privacy settings: Everyone and Allow

Issue: Can’t access party chat or comms in games

I have tried numerous headsets, and ALL my privacy settings are open and set to “allow” and “everybody”. I contacted overwatch support before I realised the problem was the console, not the game- they said to contact Microsoft support about the issue after we went over everything.

I can’t seem to find where to contact, and I’ve read everywhere about this issue without finding a solution. I tried resetting my privacy to default and to adult settings, and I made sure my mic is connected properly.

My controller is connected fine as well and has no issues. It’s only recently I’ve been having this issue, as before the voice chat worked fine. I don’t know if connected external devices has confused the console, but I’ve removed them all and made sure everything is disconnected except what I need.

The mic works when I stream via Xbox, so the sound is fine and it connects well. I’ve tried changing NAT from moderate to open, have double checked all my privacy settings on my profile, console and accounts, and still can’t seem to use my microphone online.

PLEASE help me. It’s really damaging my experience and I’m not able to play my games the way I want to. PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a... :(

:)

Georgea A, May 16, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a message saying “Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people.”

Hello Georgea A,

It seems that we have done most of the available troubleshooting steps but still the problem persists. In order for our technical group diagnose further, you can report your issue by using the Report a Problem app on Xbox consoles.

You can report your issue by using the Report a Problem app on Xbox consoles. To report a problem on console:

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support (GB)

Submitting a bug through the Xbox App

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon

2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu

3. Select “Report a problem”

4. Click Give new feedback

5. Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary

a. Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.

6. Category should automatically be selected.

7. In the "add more details" category, you will have the option to "Recreate my problem". Recreating the problem will help us further pinpoint the error you are receiving.

8. Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread

If you have other concerns, you can create a new post here. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

We wish you a good day!

Kind regards

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a message saying “Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people.”

Hi Georgea A,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum. We hope that you are well today other than this account issue.

We understand that you encountered problem when you join chat/party game with friends online. As per description, the Microphone will not work and giving you an error referring to privacy setting preventing you to chat though privacy settings was set to “allow” and “everybody”.

It seems like you have done most of the basic troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem, but allow us to help you with some of general articles with troubleshooting steps. You may try to check and follow the steps and just skip those you have done already.

First: Let's check if console system is updated. What's new: Xbox system updates | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

Second: Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

Third: Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  4. Georgea A Win User

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, I have already done all of these steps and it still shows up as a privacy setting error. I’m at a loss and I’ve not been using my Xbox because of it…
  5. Pukingt0n Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset, Party Chat Mixer Greyed Out. Left headset wheel doesn’t do anything.

I’ve forward the ports but the issue still exists. Please understand that party chat works fine, game chat works fine. I just can’t adjust the levels in the party chat mixer.

I’ve checked all network tests in the Xbox, it’s confirmed it’s Nat type is Open so all connections are successful.

Someone else has mentioned in Reddit this is due to a recent firmware update on the headphones. Since I don’t remember when I updated my FW, as I routinely do, and I don’t remember when this option stopped working. I wonder whether they are correct.
  6. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

anyone use their mics?

Yeah i'm usually in party chat. If i'm not in party chat. No one has a mic in the game any way.
Thema:

1. PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a... - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP Can’t

2. Don’t know if this is the right place but I can’t post anywhere else so please help…

in XboX Insiders
    Don’t know if this is the right place but I can’t post anywhere else so please help…: Need help buying game pass. I live in Thailand (unsupported), recently switched to India region cause it’s supported and cheap. Now I want to buy gamepass console for series x. Can I “gift myself”...
  3. Locked out… Can’t cancel account… Please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out… Can’t cancel account… Please help!: Hi there, I signed up for a Microsoft account a year ago to access games on my old computer. I used it for a week, and forgot about it. My credit card has been charged ever since. I have tried...
  4. PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...: Hello all. I’m low-key having a breakdown due to this issue and I can’t seem to find support or a solution. Console: XBox series X NAT Type: Open Headsets: Razor wireless headset and random...
  5. Locked out… Can’t cancel account… Please help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locked out… Can’t cancel account… Please help!: Hi there, I signed up for a Microsoft account a year ago to access games on my old computer. I used it for a week, and forgot about it. My credit card has been charged ever since. I have tried...
  6. Please help - Can’t see my library or the store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help - Can’t see my library or the store: Split from this thread. I have this exact same issue but on my Series X. I have 3 XBs in my house and none of them can see games in the Full Library (All Games, Owned, Game Pass, EA Play,...
  7. Please help - Can’t see my library or the store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help - Can’t see my library or the store: For a few days now, every time I open my Xbox app on PC, I can’t access my library or store. I’ve tried logging out and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app, restarting my laptop,...
  8. Can’t install MW3 on xbox one? Please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install MW3 on xbox one? Please help: Hi; I bought MW3 on xbox one and tried to install, but keep getting error message saying can’t launch this. I’ve cleared my cache by holding the power button and unplugging. I’ve also...
  9. I can’t appear online please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t appear online please help!: It won’t let me appear online on my console or the xbox app. On the console it says online status unknown when I try to change it and on the app it says please try again later. How do I fix this?...
  10. Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help: How come when I try to appear offline it doesn’t let me it says unknown bbcc64cb-a2a5-4fae-bb67-0df650d41904