Please help...at wits end...Cannot connect to Xbox Live with old Router or new Router...had no ...

Discus and support Please help...at wits end...Cannot connect to Xbox Live with old Router or new Router...had no ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We purchased the Xbox 360 August of 2013, we could not connect to Xbox live until an update was done and then it worked while it was in the living room... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sgt ghost17, Jan 5, 2014.

1. sgt ghost17
    sgt ghost17 Guest

Please help...at wits end...Cannot connect to Xbox Live with old Router or new Router...had no ...

We purchased the Xbox 360 August of 2013, we could not connect to Xbox live until an update was done and then it worked while it was in the living room the same area as the router.

My son got a new tv, and the Xbox was moved into his room (maybe 20 feet from the router) where I have tried everything I can think of to connect to Xbox live. I have tried every thing that was suggested and nothing has worked. When connecting it goes
    green trough each step till it goes from Internet to Xbox live, then it just states test failed, no error codes, just test failed, "There is a problem with your connection select more info...."

My old router was a Belkin N150 that was bought just for the laptop, and I never had any problems with it. I decided to try a new router so I bought an Asus RT-AC66R. It does the same thing with this router. I have even tried running an ethernet cord
    from each router to the Xbox and it still does not work.

I am doing this for my son, I am kinda of tech savy, so I can be walked through most trials, I just dont know what else to do?

Is there a problem with the Xbox itself?

Please help, I am at a point where I want to throw something or start crying! Thank you!

:)

sgt ghost17, Jan 5, 2014
  2. apd69
    apd69 Guest
    Xbox Live wont stay connceted or get signal most of the time

Here goes. I have a new Xbox with build in wifi, it is only one room away from my router. it only finds my router about every 3 or 4 searchs (other times says no wifi).

Then when it says is has full signal it will connect to to router-internet-then live. Well that only last for seconds then it goes back to no connections. Sometimes it connect to everything but live. I have set all ports on the router like other forums
    have said, this did not help at all.

I have other wifis (laptop phone) in same room with a great signal. Im using a few month old netgear router.

The strange thing is I had a older Xbox with external wifi and not problems at all.

I know its not a bad Xbox because I returned it last night and the new one does exact same thing.

I hope I listed all info I needed..

Thanks for your help.

apd69, Jan 5, 2014
  3. chabal
    chabal Guest
    Port forwarding on talk talk router

Hi can anyone help me with port forwarding please. Rang ISP and they haven't got a clue. Can't seem to get Xbox to connect to Xbox live. Tried logging into my router to do this but haven't got a clue lol. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. I'm using talktalk super router

chabal, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Kraytheili Win User

Disconnected from XBL/ can't stay connected and getting several different error codes

I took it and wired it and it's not even connecting with a wire now. Also there has been no change in the router or anything new to cause a disturbance or interference. I am at wits end and am just contemplating buying a new one.
  5. CapnPhoton Win User

What is being done if anything?

How old is your router? I had a 6 year old router running an older wireless G system and I had to request a new one in order for my new phone and Xbox one to connect properly. If it is old, it is possible that the NAT and other settings are not working properly
    or not up to the task. My old router even gave me occasional problems with Xbox 360.
  6. AridLizard Win User

Unable to sign in to Xbox Live in Oman

when you use the old router are you connecting to the new ISP or the old ISP?

if you are connected to the new ISP using the old router then just use that.

if it connects you to the old ISP then it is either an issue with the protocols used by your new ISP, so your best bet is to contact them,

or it could be that you need to set up port forwarding on your new router.

this link will guide you through the process

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

hope this helps
  7. StuartEdward-Jenks Win User

Unable to sign in to Xbox Live in Oman

when you use the old router are you connecting to the new ISP or the old ISP?

if you are connected to the new ISP using the old router then just use that.

if it connects you to the old ISP then it is either an issue with the protocols used by your new ISP, so your best bet is to contact them,

or it could be that you need to set up port forwarding on your new router.

this link will guide you through the process

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

hope this helps
    Hi there, thanks for your reply! The combo i’m using is new router new ISP so imagine it has to do with one or the other!
  8. Dentyboy-7FA2576C-38 Win User

offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

its deffo NTFS

i did update it when i first bought it in December but im sure it froze at 92%

i have had nothing but trouble with it connecting to xbox live since i have had it. new routers/modems upgraded broadband been on with netgear and now xbox said to try this kinda at my wits end. can try another usb but only just bought this today surely
    it would recognise a sandisk?

thankyou for the info though
Thema:

1. Please help...at wits end...Cannot connect to Xbox Live with old Router or new Router...had no ... - Similar Threads - Please help wits

2. Epic games Account problem help please

in XBoX on Windows
    Epic games Account problem help please: Hi my name is Bryson Wiggins I have made an Xbox account a while ago then I played Fortnite on it and it made a Fortnite account so one day I went on Fortnite and it said it was unlinked I don’t...
  3. Can someone please help me

in XBoX on Windows
    Can someone please help me: So I was watching YouTube on my xbox and than I randomly got suspended permanently and I didn't even do anything wrong ever so than I sent an appeal but it got denied what do I do now did I just...
  4. My problem don't exist, please help

in XBoX on Windows
    My problem don't exist, please help: I have gamepass subscription but it's not showing up on my pc. I check on an other pc and it worked fine. And yes I tried all the common "solutions" like reloging, reinstaling, clear cash/data,...
  5. Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help: Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help 87b69d64-4874-4212-8664-2a07504ba6d2
  6. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  7. HELP...........................please

in XboX Insiders
    HELP...........................please: Can any1 help tell me what i need to do to get just 1 response from xbox ambsdr team. Its been over a year and the spacks dont reply any actual help is appreciated Can any1 help tell me what i...
  8. Xbox Console Wrongfully Banned Please Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console Wrongfully Banned Please Help!: So I did something on my phone that got my xbox account banned. But they also banned my families Xbox Series X, Its not even connected to that account. So I tried to contact Microsoft support but...
  9. ¿Podría alguien ayudarme, por favor?/Could anyone help me, please?

in XboX Insiders
    ¿Podría alguien ayudarme, por favor?/Could anyone help me, please?: Necesito su ayuda, jugando en mi Xbox One S a Gears 5, más especificamente el DLC Hivebusters, al terminar mi partida del día y retomarla al día siguiente, me regresa al inicio del capítulo y con...
  10. Please help me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me: I am having trouble with my xbox one s 1TB not working,So I have tried a offline system update multiple times, and each time it stays on 1% your console may restart during this and 0% downloading...