Playing Xbox 360 Games with TV Tuner? Hear Me Out

Discus and support Playing Xbox 360 Games with TV Tuner? Hear Me Out in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a question about the TV tuner. I understand that you plug the tuner into the XB1 through USB, not HDMI. I have an Xbox 360 hooked up to my XB1... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by C00L80L7x24601, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Playing Xbox 360 Games with TV Tuner? Hear Me Out

I have a question about the TV tuner. I understand that you plug the tuner into the XB1 through USB, not HDMI. I have an Xbox 360 hooked up to my XB1 through the HDMI-in port. In order to play 360 games, I have to use the TV app, and the TV tuner uses the
    TV app as well in order to work. I also understand that when you plug in the TV tuner, the OneGuide separates the TV tuner channels from the "HDMI content". My question is this: if I have a TV tuner with a coax cable connected through the XB1's USB port AND
    an Xbox 360 connected through the XB1'S HDMI-in port (both at the same time), can I switch back and forth between my Xbox 360 and my TV tuner when using the TV app? Thanks for the help!

:)

C00L80L7x24601, Feb 9, 2015
  2. Hear me out please !!

[quote user="odacrew1"]

One of Us One of Us One of US

what made you switch over to the X1?

[/quote]

I wanted the Xbox One with all the policies that were there preciously , it was E3 that convinced me and the Games ..But I still getting and it's paid off

XSICKMFAS1b345, Feb 9, 2015
  3. 50hz can you hear me Microsoft I live in the uk

TV isn't officially supported in the UK yet.

Some people have managed to get their Xbox Ones to output at 50hz, try playing with the video settings.

Paul A. Smith, Feb 9, 2015
  4. C00L80L7x24601 Win User

USB Digital TV Tuner no longer finds any channels after disconnecting, reconnecting and rescanning

This may be irrelevant, but I have a question about the TV tuner. I understand that you plug the tuner into the XB1 through USB, not HDMI. I have an Xbox 360 hooked up to my XB1 through the HDMI-in port. In order to play 360 games, I have to use the TV app,
    and the TV tuner uses the TV app as well in order to work. I also understand that when you plug in the TV tuner, the OneGuide separates the TV tuner channels from the "HDMI content". My question is this: if I have a TV tuner with a coax cable connected through
    the XB1's USB port AND an Xbox 360 connected through the XB1'S HDMI-in port (both at the same time), can I switch between my Xbox 360 and my TV tuner when using the TV app? Thanks for the help!
  5. JayAers Win User

TV Tuner not recognised on Xbox One X

Hi,

I already follow this Guide to set up the Digital TV Tuner but when i'm on step "Set up your USB TV tuner", my tuner isn't recognized by the Xbox One X and tell me to plug it.
  6. iamscott1962 Win User

hd tv tuner question

this gets confusing. i have an hd tv. i have a an hd av xbox 360 cable with no svideo thing to plug into my tv tuners' svideo port. i waned to see if i need an hd tv tuner. if i did i'd get one. if not, i won't. i just need the easiest/cheapest way to record
    xbox 360 footage in hd.
  7. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox Digital TV Tuner on Series X

People complained that the One X had lost its focus, saying that it was trying to be too many things, a DVR box, a TV Tuner etc. etc.

That's why the TV Tuner compatibility has been removed because the Xbox Series X is a games console, its made to play games.
  8. BenjaminPfeffer Win User

Using my TV's in build tuner

If you want your xbox one to show / snap the tv signal your set-up has to be like this:

(Not mentioning the soundbar for simplicity)

tuner->xbox->tv

In your configuration the xbox does not get in touch with the tv signal at all.

So xbox-tv-magic is not for people with tuners built into TVs (like you and me) :(

A solution would be to buy a seperate tuner if your are willing to pay for something you already have...
Thema:

Playing Xbox 360 Games with TV Tuner? Hear Me Out

1. Playing Xbox 360 Games with TV Tuner? Hear Me Out - Similar Threads - Playing 360 Games

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  4. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  5. my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...: It either has a laser burn, or something is wrong with the laser e05ab3d3-7d05-4022-a070-f96b3cbb9a3e
  6. I can’t connect to Xbox Live when trying to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t connect to Xbox Live when trying to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One: So I have done quite a bit of research regarding the backwards compatibility issue with Xbox 360 games on Xbox One, and nothing seems to work for me. At the end of the day, I can’t sign into my...
  7. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  8. Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?: I have a saved RE5 game on ICloud from the 360. Can I use that saved game on the Xbox One/Series X? I really don't want to restart that game over again. I have the game loaded on the One and...
  9. XBOX ONE X: XBOX 360 games freeze randomly during play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE X: XBOX 360 games freeze randomly during play: Two games, Lego Lord of the Rings and Plants vs Zombies, have randomly froze at different points during play (never the same spot twice). I can return to the Xbox One X homescreen and restart the...
  10. I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...: It was tested on an original Xbox and it worked. I downloaded the most recent update, and even still, it will not work. I have checked, and it is on the list of those that SHOULD be compatible. It...