playing while the controller is connected via wire

Discus and support playing while the controller is connected via wire in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have bought an Xbox one x recently. somebody told me don't play while connecting the controller with wire to the device. It is going to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Medina_666, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Medina_666
    Medina_666 Guest

Hi guys, I have bought an Xbox one x recently. somebody told me don't play while connecting the controller with wire to the device. It is going to damage your device ... is it true?..... Dose "playing while the controller is connected to the Xbox one
    x by wire" has any kind of bad effect on the device?

:)

Medina_666, Jul 26, 2020
  2. WarmedxMints Win User

Charging issues with controller after Feb controller update.

I am experiencing a problem which may be related. While I am not having any issues with it charging, I do sometimes use my controller wired. I remove the battery and connect it via the play and charge lead as my son, who is quite young, finds the controller
    a bit heavy with it in.

For some reason, since the update, I am having a hard time getting the controller to work while wired. It lights up and the LED is solid indicating a connection. However, it will not operate the console. The only way I have found to get it working again
    is to unplug the cable, reconnect the battery and connect the controller via wireless. I have tried several leads, all to no avail.
  3. Francia J. Win User

My controller freeze my game

Is your controller connected via Bluetooth connection, wireless connection, or via USB?

Kindly try connecting it using a wired connection.
  4. Padre784 Win User

Controller Issues: Possible update or repair needed

it's a firmware issue, Plug the controller in via USB and open settings, go to system and select "update controller". there's still a few niggles but it sorts most of the headset issues out.

It does not disconnect while it's wired as it works like any other USB controller and does not use the wifi connection. been playing with my controller plugged in and no batteries for days now :)
  5. FreakRoach Win User

Play & Charge Kit

Yes it will. You can connect the controller to your PC via WiFi or Bluetooth and can connect via your plug and charge kit to charge the batteries while you're playing.

But for playing on PC you don't even need the play and charge kit, you can just connect your controller via micro USB cable to your PC even if your batteries are drained as while connected via USB it wont use batteries.
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Will the Xbox One ever get a Wired controller to plug into the USB ports?

^^Yep. A while before the Xbox One launch, MS was granted a patent on a wireless controller that turns into a wired one when connected with a cable.

When the Xbox One controller is connected to the console via a USB cable, the commands are sent through the cable, rather than through wireless, and you can test that by removing the batteries and you'll find it still works. So, the answer to your question
    is almost certainly no, as there is no need for a separate wired controller as the one you already have already works as both a wired and wireless controller. :)
Thema:

1. playing while the controller is connected via wire - Similar Threads - playing while controller

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  4. Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem: Hardware problems and network keeps disconnecting while gaming, happens after updates applied a1f9530a-3de3-43a5-9e9d-ac9a410f5d3d
  5. Xbox X controllers vibration is too weak while playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X controllers vibration is too weak while playing: Hello, I got an issue around my xbox X regular controllers, both. it was working fine until i realized the vibration does not work fine, it is super low and weak. I did nothing to controllers, no...
  6. Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?: Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing? f55893a7-05c8-4c37-b615-ec16ab388c31
  7. My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??: I have a brand new wired PDP controller for Xbox and it turns off while playing any idea why?? 748dc5ae-dda5-4bc5-9a09-d3e9684ff49d
  8. When i play on my xbox app for a while on PC my contoller will lose control. While I'm...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i play on my xbox app for a while on PC my contoller will lose control. While I'm...: When i play on my xbox app for a while on PC my contoller will lose control. While I'm aiming or turning the xbox app will glitch and cause me to keep turning or throw off my aim. I tried all...
  9. Controller while playing Cold War keeps shutting on and off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller while playing Cold War keeps shutting on and off: While playing Cold War the controller shuts on and off. Tried to sink it. And tried a different controller. All it does is shut on and off. I even unplugged every thing for about 2 hours and it...
  10. Can you enable a virtual controller while using remote play on mobile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you enable a virtual controller while using remote play on mobile?: Thanks for answer in advance. e615d3d2-e0bd-40d9-a5f9-14c384cc2254