Playing PC Games on a TV

Discus and support Playing PC Games on a TV in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What I am trying to do is play my PC games on my TV while sitting on the couch using my Xbox Elite. The Elite is working fine wirelessly with my PC... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bluehills, Jul 3, 2022.

  1. Bluehills
    Bluehills Guest

    Playing PC Games on a TV


    What I am trying to do is play my PC games on my TV while sitting on the couch using my Xbox Elite. The Elite is working fine wirelessly with my PC monitor, I have connected a HDMI cable from my TV to my PC. I choose HDMI 3/ARC and I see the desktop with the taskbar at the bottom on my TV. If I try to run anything, MS Edge, a game it just stays as an icon on the task bar on the TV, it will not open. On my PC monitor the game or whatever opens fine.

    Any help much appreciated.

    :)
     
    Bluehills, Jul 3, 2022
    #1
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Playing PC Games on a TV

    Just to make you aware the HDMI in is intended for TV watching only, and has been reported by many users to have significant latency. I would suggest a better solution would be a $15 rattail 3-way HDMI switcher from amazon. None of the latency and room for another 2 devices. Mine auto switches when I activate the input
  3. Bluehills Win User

    Playing PC Games on a TV

    I used Windows + P and selected duplicate working fine now thanks!

    I will keep an eye out for lag, have to say my appreciation of all things console has gone way up since I got the Elite but no way would I get a console. :D
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

    Playing PC Games on a TV

    games will use the monitor as the main screen, go into display and choose the tv and make this display primary, or press the windows key and P and choose second screen only.
  5. Georges C. Win User

    Playing PC Games on a TV

    Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is welcome to the community.

    Hello, after connecting your HDMI cable to your TV, you have the options to show the screen that the PC provides, such as Duplicate the screen, extend the screen or make a screen only.

    Try to find the option that duplicates the screen, the TV will function as a second monitor.

    Usually in Windows is usually the Function key + some key that shows the monitors.

    By choosing the TV as the second monitor, or dupicar, you'll be able to watch Edge on TV.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

    Playing PC Games on a TV

    he is plugging into the tv directly not via an xbox console. pc will work fine directly on the tv.
Thema:

Playing PC Games on a TV

Loading...
  1. Playing PC Games on a TV - Similar Threads - Playing Games

  2. How I got disc to digital working and what games I can play on my PC

    in XboX Insiders
    How I got disc to digital working and what games I can play on my PC: There's been a fair few confusing threads on this in the build up to the alpha/beta release today, so hopefully this helps out those who are interested in disc to digital. Pre-requisites: You...
  3. Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...

    in XboX Insiders
    Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...: I've noticed games diapering for a bit now and wanna know if it's happening to anyone else cause before it started happening I had like what 450 odd games earlier today I had 359 now it's at 360...
  4. Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.

    in XboX Insiders
    Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.: Hello Xbox Insider team, I have a question. A while back, I bought almost all the *Final Fantasy* games from the Xbox Store for my Series X. Often, when I'm at work, I have downtime to relax and...
  5. My Xbox randomly resets it’s self when I’m playing games and listening to Spotify please...

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox randomly resets it’s self when I’m playing games and listening to Spotify please...: help submitted by /u/Chips12345678910 [link] [comments]
  6. Can FC 26 be played via cloud gaming with Essential or Premium?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can FC 26 be played via cloud gaming with Essential or Premium?: Hi, I'm part of the Xbox Insider program. Do you know if I can play FC 26 via cloud gaming if I have a Game Pass Premium or Essential membership, or do I need Ultimate? I’ve already purchased the...
  7. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  8. Insider program games I can play with the new tier

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider program games I can play with the new tier: Can I play gta online with the insider program submitted by /u/Ok_Bar6678 [link] [comments]
  9. How to solve "Game saves offline" on Pc (after playing on Xbox)?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to solve "Game saves offline" on Pc (after playing on Xbox)?: I've been playing KCD 2 on my xbox and usually I can continue on the PC but tonight I noticed that my game did say "Game saves offline" on the PC. On the PC, it is pretty clear to see when the...
  10. Having trouble playing my 360 games on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Having trouble playing my 360 games on Series X: Im trying to play my downloaded 360 games on my series X and it's a no go. It goes to download profile then I get the message cant connect. Even though my series X says online connected,...