Playing my Xbox One games on a Windows laptop

Discus and support Playing my Xbox One games on a Windows laptop in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. My sibling is wondering if she can keep my Xbox One, as she wants to get a game for her to play. I don’t use the console very much anymore,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Davis Chambers, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Playing my Xbox One games on a Windows laptop

Hi. My sibling is wondering if she can keep my Xbox One, as she wants to get a game for her to play. I don’t use the console very much anymore, however, I still want to be able to play the games that I have discs for.

I assume this would only be possible through Xbox Play Anywhere, so I’ll ask this: if I already own a game (or its disc), and that game is playable through Xbox Play Anywhere, do I need to purchase the game again?

In addition to that: will I need to repurchase any add-ons, season passes, etc. that I purchased on my Xbox already?

Thank you.

:)

Davis Chambers, Apr 25, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey, Davis!

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the Microsoft Community.

My name is Darhyl. I'm an Independent Advisor and I will do my best to help you sort this out.

I'm sorry you are experiencing any trouble right now. No worries, I'm here to help you.

To answer your inquiry, you will be able to play any games on both Windows 10 PC or Xbox console if it's an Xbox Play anywhere without purchasing the game again. You will have to simply sign in to your account where the games were digitally purchased on Microsoft Store and install the game for free.

You won’t be able to use Xbox Play Anywhere with a game disk. You can only use Xbox Play Anywhere if the game is a digital license.

Yes, you will need to re-purchase the addons and DLCs since these are separate licenses and only the game version is the Xbox Play anywhere.

For reference links: https://support.xbox.com/en-PH/help/games-apps/....

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anyw...

Thank you so much for your time. I hope you have a great day!
  3. ngocphi Win User

Play anywhere only.applied tp.digital games

You.van play othet games digital with remote play
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox to Laptop.

Is it possible to connect my xbox to my laptop and use my laptop as a tv?
    NO, your laptop have an HDMI out, you can workaround this using Xbox Companion App on Windows 10.

If both Xbox One and your laptop use ethernet connection to your network, you can play without any issue.
  5. maxen Win User

Playing Xbox One Game on my windows 10 Laptop.

You can stream your Xbox One games to Windows 10, from console to PC, but you need to be on the same network for this to work, so it's not a solution for gaming on the road.
  6. JackBlack1972 Win User

Playing Xbox One Game on my windows 10 Laptop.

I dont think you can play Xbox One Retail games on Windows 10 like Fallout 4 or Gears of War Ultimate Edition I think its only games like you find on google play for android and IOS games like Microsoft Solitaire, Minesweeper and such. But it would be awesome
    in the future if you can ;).
Thema:

1. Playing my Xbox One games on a Windows laptop - Similar Threads - Playing games Windows

2. Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.: Game is lord of the rings, battle for middle earth 1 and 2. Did some research many people have had this issue and have resorted to downloading dodgy fixes instead of Microsoft allowing old games....
  3. Whenever i play windows roblox the game freezes, but i can hear all the game sounds still,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Whenever i play windows roblox the game freezes, but i can hear all the game sounds still,...: I have been playing windows roblox on my computer, i was doing fine until my roblox began to freeze, not a single error message in sight. i could still hear the game sounds and that, but the...
  4. AC Adapter stops charging battery when playing games on windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    AC Adapter stops charging battery when playing games on windows.: Any time I play a game on my laptop (MSI Katana 15 B12V) the AC adapter stops charging the battery. It comes back on if I unplug/plug the laptop to the power source, but will happen again a few...
  5. Would like to purchase Tachyon: The Fringe on my Steam account and play the game on windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Would like to purchase Tachyon: The Fringe on my Steam account and play the game on windows...: Hello, I would like to purchase Tachyon: The Fringe on my Steam account and play the game, however I have a new computer from last year with windows 11 Home. I am not a computer Wiz so would...
  6. My recently purchased games on XBox App on Windows 10 will not play my games,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My recently purchased games on XBox App on Windows 10 will not play my games,: I recently purchased Atomic Heart and Starfield while my PS5 is in the shop for repairs. I bought them both on the XBox app on PC (Windows 10). when I go to play them, I am continually given the...
  7. Poor sounds quality when playing Xbox game via App on Windows 11 using BT Headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor sounds quality when playing Xbox game via App on Windows 11 using BT Headphones: Once I enter game menu in both Halo Infinite and Aliens: Fireteam Elite, the sound becomes flat and barely hearable. It's like I was using $1 headphones. Disabling hands free setting for BT...
  8. Xbox on Windows Store shows game in library, yet can't play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox on Windows Store shows game in library, yet can't play.: My son used a Xbox gift card to buy Minecraft Java Edition for his PC from the Xbox store. It shows in his library, yet says he needs to buy it (again) and there is no record of the purchase being...
  9. Why can't I play the full version of "Minecraft For Windows" in my games Library?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play the full version of "Minecraft For Windows" in my games Library?: I bought the Minecraft Edition Xbox One a while back, which included the game of Minecraft, in addition I was able to get Minecraft For Windows as well, so it wasn't an Xbox Game Pass download. A...
  10. Is there a way to play a game on my windows 11 pc on my Xbox series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to play a game on my windows 11 pc on my Xbox series X: I want to be able to play games on my xbox series X through my pc (Alienware aurora R10) like how you can play xbox games on your phone with cloud gaming or like with the steam deck. Is this...