Playing Music in the Background through Headset. help please.

Discus and support Playing Music in the Background through Headset. help please. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have the HyperX CloudX headset that plugs directly into the headphone jack on my controller. is it possible to play music through this while gaming?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by J RekRap, Jan 7, 2019.

1. J RekRap
    J RekRap Guest

i have the HyperX CloudX headset that plugs directly into the headphone jack on my controller.

is it possible to play music through this while gaming? And if so could someone tell me what settings I would need to change to make this work.

The game audio works fine, but I get nothing when I run pandora and its clearly playing.

Thank you.

:)

J RekRap, Jan 7, 2019
  2. ShaneHepburn Win User

i have the HyperX CloudX headset that plugs directly into the headphone jack on my controller.

is it possible to play music through this while gaming? And if so could someone tell me what settings I would need to change to make this work.

The game audio works fine, but I get nothing when I run pandora and its clearly playing.

Thank you.
    Hello J RekRap,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Forums yes there is, I would recommend you to install Spotify from your Xbox store.

thanks

Shane
  3. choppyseize Win User

Hi as suggested you can try installing Spotify but you should also be able to use Pandora. Here is are the steps needed to get started

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/playing-background-music-xbox-one
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox One Headsets

Hello there,

So you are wondering if there is a headset available that can connect to the Xbox for gameplay audio, and also connect to another device for music audio? I'm not aware of such a headset being available, but I don't see it as impossible. For now, I can recommend
    background music.

Xbox one has the
    Background music feature
    to allow the use of certain music streaming apps, like Pandora and Spotify, to continue playing music during gameplay.

Hope this helps!
  5. XxDorasBKPKxX Win User

Headset stopped working with wireless controller

it is possible that it is the controller 3.5mm headset jack. The internal housing is possibly worn out. Try plugging the headset into your phone and playing some music through the headset. If the headset plays music, then it is the controller. If it does
    not play music then it is the headset. With tech stuff you have to use process of elimination to figure out the problem usually!

Hope this helps,

Your friendly gamer.
  6. e2k1 Win User

Why do so few people use a mic?

I think the junk that's spewed through the headsets have turned people off. That and having to hear people's music in the background that's louder than the game. Gotta love that mute button.
Thema:

1. Playing Music in the Background through Headset. help please. - Similar Threads - Playing Music Background

2. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  3. Upgrade Simple Background Music Player to allow you to play music in a certain folder

in XboX Insiders
    Upgrade Simple Background Music Player to allow you to play music in a certain folder: I've got my music USB plugged into my Xbox, with all my songs categorized in their own respective folders as "playlists" I know on the regular Media Player you have the option to browse the USB...
  4. Does Groove Music still play in the background on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Groove Music still play in the background on Xbox One?: Supposedly, Xbox One can play music from the Groove Music app while playing games or even on the Home screen. I am casting music to my Xbox One from my Windows 10 PC. It works fine until I return...
  5. Apple: Play background music in video clips!

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Apple: Play background music in video clips!: Apple (Routers): Play background music in video clips! Should we be able to play background music in our video clips? I just finished editing this game clip on upload studio and I wanted to play...
  6. Pandora will not play Background Music at all.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pandora will not play Background Music at all.: Pandora simply will not play Background music on Xbox One. I got the latest update because I got my console OS checked by Xbox Suppor. I've tried everything uninstallling and reinstalling it. But...
  7. Play your own music using the new background music feature

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play your own music using the new background music feature: So today an app called simple background music was released and this lets you use a usb drive for music playback. which is what the 360 could do but better. To find it go to the apps section and...
  8. How do I Play Background Music?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I Play Background Music?: New Xbox One S and Updated, but I still see no eature to play background Music with Groove Music. Am I doing something wrong or is that Feature not released yet? Thanks!...
  9. The Ability To Play Background Music Is In The Future Apparently!

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Ability To Play Background Music Is In The Future Apparently!: Xbox One To Receive Cortana And Ability To Play Background Music, New Features To Be Announced This E3 And it only took a little more than 2 years! :P 9744b038-ebd7-4f6e-84e1-ab1878996884
  10. Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap": This is becoming a real issue for me. I like the snap feature and see its value in some uses (such as skype chat, using I.E. to look up information, etc..) But to have to endure the music app...