Playing Music from WP8 through Bluetooth Headset

Discus and support Playing Music from WP8 through Bluetooth Headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I know this may not be a complete fit for this forum. However, since I value the Xbox community's input, and this was the best fit I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J.M.D_, Jan 7, 2014.

1. J.M.D_
    J.M.D_ Guest

Hi everyone. I know this may not be a complete fit for this forum. However, since I value the Xbox community's input, and this was the best fit I could find, here I am!

Basically I have the following situation:

Lumia 920 WP8 and a Samsung WEP490 Bluetooth handsfree headset. The phone and headset are paired just fine. However I was hoping to use the headset to play music/podcasts through. Instead, while I can make phone calls through the headset, when I play
    a podcast it plays only through the phone's speakers.

Does anyone know if it's possible to play music/podcast through a headset like this? And if so, how that's done? I've gone through and played with menu settings a bit, but haven't stumbled onto anything yet.

Thanks in advance!

:)

J.M.D_, Jan 7, 2014
  2. Mister Rush
    Mister Rush Guest
    Error playing music from WP8

Hi EAJLGamers,

Have you added your Windows phone to your Xbox Music device list over here to see if that is not what is holding you back here? Are you download the songs on
    the phone itself to see if there is no issue with that method as opposed to downloading them on a PC and then syncing them to the phone? Let us know. We want to get this resolved.

Mister Rush, Jan 7, 2014
  3. EAJLGamers
    EAJLGamers Guest

On some songs, when downloaded from Xbox Music and I sync to my phone it states an error "Unable to confirm media usage rights....". Any ideas of this and how to resolve it?

EAJLGamers, Jan 7, 2014
  4. Playing Music from WP8 through Bluetooth Headset

Well I used to have wireless bluetooth Beats that could take calls and play music without needing to change any settings. This was on my Nokia Lumia 928 although I doubt the settings have changed all that much.

Since it's a handsfree headset I have a feeling it only supports making calls.

NathanielLarson, Jan 7, 2014
  5. J.M.D_
    J.M.D_ Guest
    Thanks B4. Yea, I'm almost positive you're right. I did some digging and I came up on a post somewhere (I think an Amazon review for my model headset) that mentioned it couldn't play music. Oh well. I ended up getting a super-cheap Bluetooth speaker
    for $30. It's not going to win awards (and we'll see how long it lasts!) but it serves its purpose just perfectly!

J.M.D_, Oct 31, 2018
  6. NathanielLarson Win User

Well I used to have wireless bluetooth Beats that could take calls and play music without needing to change any settings. This was on my Nokia Lumia 928 although I doubt the settings have changed all that much.

Since it's a handsfree headset I have a feeling it only supports making calls.
  7. J.M.D_ Win User

Thanks B4. Yea, I'm almost positive you're right. I did some digging and I came up on a post somewhere (I think an Amazon review for my model headset) that mentioned it couldn't play music. Oh well. I ended up getting a super-cheap Bluetooth speaker
    for $30. It's not going to win awards (and we'll see how long it lasts!) but it serves its purpose just perfectly!
  8. DJ Corbin Win User

Using downloaded xbox music pass content as custom soundtrack on xbox

I appreciate the reply, however as noted above I am already an Xbox Music subscriber. I am downloading music using my Xbox Music Pass to the storage on my WP8.

I plug the WP8 into my xbox. Using the guide music player, I navigate to the music folders on my wp8 and attempt to play. It worked the first week I purchased the phone and now gives me the error code mentioned above.
  9. pompeyladbfp Win User

Moving playlists to my Windows Phone 8

there is no way to import playlist from xbox music on pc to xbox music on wp8, why hasnt this been sorted?
  10. Mister Rush Win User

Hi EAJLGamers,

Have you added your Windows phone to your Xbox Music device list over here to see if that is not what is holding you back here? Are you download the songs on
    the phone itself to see if there is no issue with that method as opposed to downloading them on a PC and then syncing them to the phone? Let us know. We want to get this resolved.
Thema:

1. Playing Music from WP8 through Bluetooth Headset - Similar Threads - Playing Music WP8

2. Trying to play music via phone on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to play music via phone on my Xbox 360: So I saw that a media player was present and I knew in the past we could hook our mp3 players to our 360 to play music so I tried with my phone and got error code 03-800705b4 anyone know this...
  3. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  4. Any way to play music I own (not from a streaming service) on Xbox Series S or X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any way to play music I own (not from a streaming service) on Xbox Series S or X?: I have my Xbox Series X in our game room connected to an AVR (tuner/amp) and on the same LAN as my Windows 11 PC, which is set up as a DLNA media server (music is accessible to other...
  5. YT music so I can listen to it while I play

in XboX Insiders
    YT music so I can listen to it while I play: I need a yt music app on my Xbox submitted by /u/wurmEmpire [link] [comments]
  6. Is it possible to let the music play when switching from a game to the main menu?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to let the music play when switching from a game to the main menu?: Hello, I just got the Xbox Series X and i noticed that when i have Spotify playing and a game running it will stop the audio for a second when switching to the starting menu and vice versa. Is it...
  7. can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?: greetings everyone before explaining my problm ..im describing the instruments im using.. xbox series x sony 43 inches tv( smart tv capable of 5.1 audio and dolby audio) support ARC hdmi sony...
  8. My Xbox is not playing music and movies please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is not playing music and movies please help: Help me solve my Xbox problem of denying video and movie files 3f8adfac-dc4a-416c-a8e2-9589f1d2b55f
  9. Can you play music to the party so everyone in the chat can hear it

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you play music to the party so everyone in the chat can hear it: I just want to share music with friends so we can jam out 4fe8af72-6046-4103-9c2e-8032564424c4
  10. Playing music from Archive.org via xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing music from Archive.org via xbox: I’m wondering if anyone knows of a way to stream a music link from Archive.org via Xbox. I know I can open Edge and put the link in the browser. It works great, unless you want to have it in the...