Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players ( they are...

Discus and support Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players ( they are... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I'm trying to crossplay Minecraft between me on PC ( not Java edition Minecraft), but when I go to invite players, there is NO cross platform option.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Animalgril987, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players ( they are...

I'm trying to crossplay Minecraft between me on PC ( not Java edition Minecraft), but when I go to invite players, there is NO cross platform option.

:)

Animalgril987, Jan 24, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players

Hello L an1,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble playing Minecraft with cross-platform players. To better assist you, I would like to ask you a few questions:

- What version of Windows are you using on your PC?

- How did you purchase and install Minecraft on your PC?

- Do you have an Xbox Live account and are you signed in to it when you launch Minecraft?

- Can you see the option to join or create a world with friends in the main menu of Minecraft?

- Do you get any error messages when you try to invite or join cross-platform players?

It's possible that you may not have the latest version of Minecraft installed on your PC. To invite cross-platform players, you need to have the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft installed on your PC.

To check if you have the latest version of Minecraft installed, you can go to the Microsoft Store and check for updates. If there is an update available, you can download and install it to see if it resolves the issue.

If you still can't invite cross-platform players after updating Minecraft, you may need to check your network settings to ensure that you have the necessary ports open for cross-platform play. You can find more information on how to do this on the Minecraft website.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players

Hello,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question?

Thank you for understanding.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players ( they are on Switch)

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Cross-platform play is available for the Bedrock edition of Minecraft on PC, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and mobile devices. However, it is not available for the Java edition of Minecraft on PC. If you are playing the Bedrock edition and still don't have the option to invite cross-platform players, it may be because the feature is not yet available in your region or it might be a bug that needs to be fixed by the game developers.

Another possible reason is that the person you are trying to invite is on a different version of the game and your version of the game is not compatible with their version.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players ( they are on Switch)

I believe it's most likely from the NAT or yours or your friend's.

What is NAT:

NAT is nothing more than a protocol that translates IP addresses and TCP ports from the local network to the Internet. That is, the package to be sent or received from your workstation on your local network, goes to the server where your ip is exchanged for the server ip and the replacement of the local network ip validates the sending of the package on the internet. When the package returns, the same thing happens, however, in reverse. Which ensures that the package reaches its destination.

Why is NAT important?

Your NAT type, combined with the NAT types of other players, determines whether you can successfully use multiplayer games or group chats. The following tables illustrate the differences between NAT types. And based on your NAT type, who you can join multiplayer games with and who you can listen in on a group chat.

OPEN NAT

You can chat with other people, as well as host and play multiplayer games with people who have any type of NAT on the network.

MODERATE NAT

You can chat and play multiplayer games with some people; however, you might not listen to or play with others, and you probably won't be chosen as a match host.

STRICT NAT

You can chat and play multiplayer games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You cannot be chosen as the host of a match.

NAT UNAVAILABLE

You will not be able to use party chat or connect to multiplayer games in some titles on Xbox Live.

these are the possible solutions:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Animalgril987 Win User

I'm playing Bedrock, so is the person on Switch. Are you saying cross play isn't available in Europe?
Thema:

Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players ( they are...

1. Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players ( they are... - Similar Threads - Playing Minecraft don't

2. Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players: I play on PC and have the bedrock edition, but it does not allow me to add cross-platform players. I was looking on YouTube and my version does not even look like the one they are playing. I tried...
  3. I don't know which Microsoft account is linked to my PSN and now I can't play on Minecraft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't know which Microsoft account is linked to my PSN and now I can't play on Minecraft...: So a while ago I updated Minecraft and it logged me out of my Microsoft account and I figured that it was fine cause it was on an email address I don't even remember anymore. So I tried to sign in...
  4. Minecraft says i don't own the game when i bought the game years ago, cant play now, please...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft says i don't own the game when i bought the game years ago, cant play now, please...: I bought Minecraft years ago and migrated my account as well. After getting a new desktop not that long ago i went to reinstall it, already giving me issues saying i need to buy it again but after...
  5. My son set up minecraft on his Play station with outlook account we don't know the account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son set up minecraft on his Play station with outlook account we don't know the account...: My son set up minecraft on his Play station with an old outlook account that mustn't exist anymore. He cant play online with his friends as it insists he logs in and he can't. Can we reset with...
  6. I don't know my microsoft account to log into my minecraft on play station.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know my microsoft account to log into my minecraft on play station.: Every time I try to log into Minecraft it says failed to login. Its saying my account ID needs to match, but I don't know my Microsoft username. 20c0196a-685a-4f7f-abbf-c42d40fd2ad9
  7. I am banned so can't play Minecraft, but I don't have any active bans or historical bans

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am banned so can't play Minecraft, but I don't have any active bans or historical bans: Hi there As above. I can't submit a case review because there are no enforcement bans on my account. I don't recall ever being banned - I bought Minecraft in Dec 2020, I played it for a couple of...
  8. Hey I claimed minecraft in 2019 long ago but now I can't play it says I don't own it why...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey I claimed minecraft in 2019 long ago but now I can't play it says I don't own it why...: I lost my minecraft bedrock edition even though I claimed it long ago d823aa13-29b8-4330-a5dd-ffa51458614f
  9. Minecraft don't open when I press play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft don't open when I press play: I just bought minecraft and when I press play on the launcher nothing seems to happend. My minecraft is up to date so I don't understand what is happening Here is my game output when starting...
  10. My Minecraft won't allow me to play multiplayer because it is "turned off" I don't know...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft won't allow me to play multiplayer because it is "turned off" I don't know...: I migrated my account properly and got everything done right, but now the game is saying on my Microsoft account the Multiplayer is not allowed. How do I turn it back on?...