Playing different online games on 2 xboxes under 1 Gold membership

Discus and support Playing different online games on 2 xboxes under 1 Gold membership in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve searched all over but couldnt find my exact scenario. I had 1 Xbox one S with a gold membership under 1 gamertag. I now have 2 Xbox one S’s. 1... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MickZito, Jan 14, 2021.

1. MickZito
    MickZito Guest

I’ve searched all over but couldnt find my exact scenario.

I had 1 Xbox one S with a gold membership under 1 gamertag. I now have 2 Xbox one S’s. 1 for my son in his room, 1 for me in the living room. Is it possible for him to be playing an online game
    (I.e. Roblox)in his room on his Xbox, while I’m playing an online game (I.e. Halo 5) in the living room on my Xbox, under my 1 Gold membership? Or does this require an additional Gold membership, or 2 total Gold memberships for the household?

:)

MickZito, Jan 14, 2021
  2. MickZito Win User

The screenshot is off my xbox in the living room. That xbox is set to home. This is with using another made-up gamertag, not my Gold one that my son is using in his room.
  3. Smwutches Win User

If you switch and your son keeps the Gold on the account he's using, he would set the console you're using as his Home in order to share the Gold.
  4. MickZito Win User

If he wishes to use your gamertag, then you do not need to change the settings on
    his Xbox. If the living room Xbox is the one you will be primarily using on a new account, and that is already set as the home Xbox on the account with the membership, then you shouldn't have to do anything.
    Ok, so trying that, I get this:

[​IMG]
  5. MickZito Win User

Hello Mick. Yes this is possible through the Home Xbox feature in settings. To do this, add your account to your son's Xbox. While signed into your account open the settings menu and go to General>Personalization>My Home Xbox, and select set this
    as my home Xbox. You can now sign out of your account. This will allow your son to play your games and use your gold subscription without having to sign into your account on that Xbox.
    Hi. Thanks for the quick response.

i left one tidbit out. My son wishes to use my gamertag with the Gold subscription here on out.

So after that, my son can just carry on with my gamertag and I can create a new one for my living room xbox? Then we can both play differering Gold games online at the same time?

In this case would i still be setting his xbox as the home xbox? Currently my living room xbox is the home xbox that I always played on with my gamertag.

I hope this isnt getting too confusing. I know I’m confused for sure.
  6. soxfan014 Win User

If he wishes to use your gamertag, then you do not need to change the settings on
    his Xbox. If the living room Xbox is the one you will be primarily using on a new account, and that is already set as the home Xbox on the account with the membership, then you shouldn't have to do anything.
Thema:

1. Playing different online games on 2 xboxes under 1 Gold membership - Similar Threads - Playing different online

2. Can two people play the same game on two different consoles

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can two people play the same game on two different consoles: Hi I wanted to know If I bought a physical copy of a game and played it on my xbox can I then give it to my friend so he can download the game and play it too To clarify the friend is also on...
  3. I was playing Call of Duty Black Ops 1 the other night. Then decided to go onto a different...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was playing Call of Duty Black Ops 1 the other night. Then decided to go onto a different...: Anyone else having the same problem as me. I'm on Xbox Series X try playing any Xbox 360 backwards compatible game online and it says "Your connection to Xbox Live has been lost. Please sign in...
  4. What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...: frame rate? image quality? 4b75aa20-819a-4ed2-9d87-8087e84086aa
  5. Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?: This is a weird question but Is this possible? Example, I am playing a multiplayer game online with 4 friends on my Series X. Could I join the party of those 4 friends from my xbox one on the...
  6. Can you play your games on an xbox in a different house,with all your achievements and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you play your games on an xbox in a different house,with all your achievements and...: My dad has bought and xbox series s for my son to play when he goes round to visit. He doesn't like using it as he/we haven't figured out if we can get his games (at the levels he is at) on it. I...
  7. Playing on 2 different xbox consoles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing on 2 different xbox consoles: Why can't I play Hogwarts on my xbox One and my xbox X at the same time, when I purchased the deluxe edition with both copies. 2105e7bf-1d37-4f23-9908-e2b9b9978419
  8. Can Two Different Xbox Accounts Remote Play to the Same Xbox for Co-Op Games?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Two Different Xbox Accounts Remote Play to the Same Xbox for Co-Op Games?: My brother and I are going on vacation soon but we can't bring our Xbox. We still want to play our Co-Op games (mainly LEGO games are the co-op ones we have), and we know remote play is a thing....
  9. is xbox party a different thing to use internet than playing games on the xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is xbox party a different thing to use internet than playing games on the xbox: my friends mom said she cant use more than one thing and claims that xbox and party are two different things 53f9cb04-7739-4efe-92c4-dda13f0de3f1
  10. Xbox projecting to 2 different screens showing this two different things while playing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox projecting to 2 different screens showing this two different things while playing...: Can you make the Xbox project on multiple displays like the same way the Windows 10 can do because do Windows 10 can display multiple displays and the Xbox can't. Please make it so that when...