Playback issues with certain Blu Ray discs on XBox One X?

Discus and support Playback issues with certain Blu Ray discs on XBox One X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve had an XBox One for several years now and haven’t had any issues with the blu ray player until now. I bought a set of Star Wars blu rays recently.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StiggyJiggler, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Playback issues with certain Blu Ray discs on XBox One X?

I’ve had an XBox One for several years now and haven’t had any issues with the blu ray player until now. I bought a set of Star Wars blu rays recently. All the discs play fine except for one; while it plays, the video is sort of choppy. I can play the disc with no issues on my old blu ray player that is hooked up to my old tv downstairs - no choppiness. Has anyone else ever had issues with certain discs or know of a fix?

:)

StiggyJiggler, Mar 31, 2021
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?

Hello SonicXHero, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Blu-ray playback on your Xbox Series X. I can offer some steps you can try:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is running the latest system software. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can address issues with Blu-ray playback.

2. Some Blu-ray discs require firmware updates for proper playback. Check for any available updates on your console.

3. On your Xbox Series X, navigate to Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Persistent Storage, and select "Clear Persistent Storage." This will clear any temporary data that might be affecting the playback.

4. Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Blu-ray > Persistent Storage, and select "Reset Blu-ray." This will reset the Blu-ray settings to their default values.

5. If possible, try playing other Blu-ray discs to see if the issue is specific to certain movies or if it occurs with all discs. This can help determine if the problem is related to the console or the specific Blu-ray discs.

It's worth noting that occasionally, certain Blu-ray discs can have compatibility issues with specific players or consoles. If the problem persists with multiple copies of the same disc, it's possible that there may be an issue with the disc's encoding or compatibility with the Xbox Series X.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Series X question

I ended up doing that as I was a bit worried about the optical drive in my Xbox One x when it refused to play certain 4k Blue ray disks.
    My old Xbox One X had issues with some UHD movies, so much so that I too bought a stand alone UHD Blue-ray player. Playback issues were (probably still are) common on the One X. I've never played a single Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray or DVD in my Series X.

There really isn't any need to test all of the discs. Test a few. If the discs are in good clean order they would have played on another BD player.
  4. Red264 Win User

The Xbox One S 4K Blu-Ray Player Is A Disaster...Good Job!!

There are a number of AV issues with the Xbox One S/X and UHD Blu-ray playback, your guess is as good as mine if they will be fixed.

Certain UHD titles are broken and will not play.

Dolby Atmos is unreliable.

4K AV receiver HDMI handshaking issues.

Image quality issues, the wrong color matrix being used in Blu-ray playback (see review comparison

in link
    ).

They could have broken something on the One S in their rush to fix the broken Blu-ray HDR on the One X with the 10.0.16299.4037 that includes said HDR fix.
  5. gds1972 Win User

4k disc error

6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One S is not playing certain DVDs

I take it Blu-Ray disc movies are working okay? Have you tried many of the ones you own? Games are detected?

Bear in mind that the Xbox One S, One X and the current Series X actually have two lasers, one for reading DVD discs (including Xbox 360 discs) and one for reading Blu-Ray discs, which also includes Xbox games as they are also on BD-Disc.

If the DVD laser is giving out, it won't read certain DVD discs, and this is likely the reason for the issues you are experiencing. This is also why Blu-Rays and Xbox One games are not effected. There is nothing wrong with your DVD's, it's the console's optical drive that is faulty.
Thema:

Playback issues with certain Blu Ray discs on XBox One X?

1. Playback issues with certain Blu Ray discs on XBox One X? - Similar Threads - Playback issues certain

2. Xbox series X blu ray playback

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X blu ray playback: Xbox series X blu ray playback randomly zooms in and out slightly while playing a movie. Its very sporadic. Xbox is up to date, discs are immaculate, no fingerprints, scratches, etc. I'm re...
  3. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  4. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  5. Playback issues on Xbox One

in XBoX on Windows
    Playback issues on Xbox One: Hello community, I've been encountering some issues lately while trying to play content on Disney Plus through my Xbox One. The login and navigation work fine, but when I attempt to play a movie...
  6. Playback locks up int he same way on Apple TV and Amazon Prime on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playback locks up int he same way on Apple TV and Amazon Prime on Xbox Series X: I have a very specific and annoying playback video using streaming service apps on Xbox Series X. Often when I am watching tv shows or movies on my Xbox series x through streaming services, the...
  7. playback for films and tv, contact microsoft, not community

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    playback for films and tv, contact microsoft, not community: a member of my household is unable to play his movies that he PURCHASED on you film and tv app. it is causeing me stress having to repeatedly hearing this repeated complaint. your available help...
  8. Xbox Game Bar playback audio issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar playback audio issues: When gaming with my friends I use Xbox Game Bar to capture gameplay and Discord to communicate with teammates. During gameplay I can hear everyone fine. However, during playback my teammates audio...
  9. Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?: I tried playing some of my 4Ks like The Incredibles and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and they seem to be buggy when played on Series X. They work just fine on my dedicated player. Good examples of these...
  10. Is anyone else having issues with YouTube video playback, only on Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anyone else having issues with YouTube video playback, only on Xbox?: So within the past couple weeks, YouTube has been acting up terribly, but only on my Xbox One. It works perfectly on my PC, laptop, and phone. Essentially, it cuts the screen on half. The top half...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. issues with xbox onex blue ray