Playback Error w/ Dolby Vision 8.1

Discus and support Playback Error w/ Dolby Vision 8.1 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Has anyone experienced a playback error with Dolby Vision 8.1 videos on the Movies & TV Xbox app. In the past, these videos would play in the normal... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DandySpectre, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Playback Error w/ Dolby Vision 8.1

Has anyone experienced a playback error with Dolby Vision 8.1 videos on the Movies & TV Xbox app. In the past, these videos would play in the normal HDR fallback since this app doesn't support Dolby Vision without any issues. Recently Dolby Vision 8.1 videos result with playback error 0xc00d36b4. Upon initial playback of the file there are no problems. The error only shows up if the video is paused/resumed OR if there is fast forward/rewind.

submitted by /u/DandySpectre
    [link] [comments]

/u/DandySpectre, Aug 31, 2023
  2. Richard waddington Win User

How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has been ticked

Hi I have a Xbox series x with a Dolby vision compatible tv also will the allow Dolby vision playback selected in settings on and it still only displays in HDR only when playing 4k blu rays ? I have set it 4k 60hz and the games display in Dolby vision plus streaming apps but not 4k disc playback! Is this correct that the xbox series can’t do this ?
  3. KNIGHTWING X Win User

XBOX ONE X used as a Blu Ray player band Dolby Vision

The system supports Dolby Vision in certain streaming apps like Netflix, Disney +, and Vudu, but it's not yet supporting playback of 4k discs with Dolby Vision through the blu-ray app. Hopefully they will eventually patch an update to do so. But currently,
    it does NOT.
  4. Rostom L Win User

4K Blu-ray playback

5. 志强董 Win User

When will Microsoft patch the One X to support Dolby Vision on the 4K Blueray player

I have a XBOX One X connected to an OLED LG C8. If I use the Netflix app on XBOX One X then the LG will display Dolby Vision. So I know that it is passing. But If I use a 4K Bluray that has Dolby Vision, the player will only output HDR。Blu-ray
    playback is already up to date.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has been ticked

You need to purchase Dolby Access to enable Dolby Vision for media playback

There are no consumer panels that are 30-bit, 12-bit is basically the refuge of professional displays only

First we'd need to know the model of your display, and which discs you're trying to play
Thema:

Playback Error w/ Dolby Vision 8.1

1. Playback Error w/ Dolby Vision 8.1 - Similar Threads - Playback Error Dolby

2. 4K UHD playback error (0x91d70001)

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K UHD playback error (0x91d70001): Trying to play Inception 4k UHD on my Xbox One X, and I keep getting thr above error message. I’ve experienced previous difficulty with getting the Xbox to play UHDs in HDR (particularly Marvel...
  3. Download error can't get the license needed for playback

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download error can't get the license needed for playback: I just recently purchased two movies on my Xbox 360 and I cannot download them. It says download error, can't get the license needed for playback. Please try again later. I have cleared my cache...
  4. Xbox 360 playback error c101a3ff

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 playback error c101a3ff: Is there any update for this error code? I have just recently rented a movie through my Xbox 360 and I can't watch it. I just get this error code. Please advise. Thanks...
  5. Playback error code c101ab80

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playback error code c101ab80: I purchased / rented a movie and it will not play keep getting the same error code for rented movies. Purchased movies play fine and everything else works fine but not rented movies. Have tried...
  6. playback error status code: c101a3ff?

in XBoX on Consoles
    playback error status code: c101a3ff?: Has any one see this error code before? 5be1ea3a-8916-4d63-8b58-fb06e172ea5c
  7. Playback error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playback error: I’m trying to watch something on the Vudu app and it keeps saying vudu movies isn’t available right now please try again later. For more info go to www.xbox.com/status Not sure why it wants me...
  8. Playback error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playback error: I recently purchased one of your movies and when i try to play the movie, Playback error pops up and says status code: c00d36b4 6c94acc9-20a8-48d9-b4fe-78c3e6c57177
  9. Playback error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playback error: I rented a movie, purchase completed, when I push play the playback error comes up with status code c101a3ff, I look up the code, and there's nothing. 5dbb7508-ef28-4a32-b748-b98d472f441f
  10. Playback error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playback error: what does status code c101ab66 mean? My son is trying to watch a movie 4dc5125d-65d6-467b-80f8-063b9fdd7361