Play media from Windows 10 PC to Xbox One

Discus and support Play media from Windows 10 PC to Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently purchased an Xbox one and am trying to work out how I can play media files from my pc (films etc) on my xbox one. I used to be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Boydmeister, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Boydmeister
    Boydmeister Guest

Hello,

I have recently purchased an Xbox one and am trying to work out how I can play media files from my pc (films etc) on my xbox one. I used to be able to do this on my xbox 360. I downloaded the app "Media Player" but when i select launch it says No devices
    found. Both devices are connected to the same network. Is this the app I am suppose to use or is there another way to do it?

Thanks

:)

Boydmeister, Dec 25, 2015
  2. WBGavin
    WBGavin Guest
    Xbox looses connection to PC

After upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7, my Xbox 360 will not connect to Windows Media Player on my PC. The network connectivity and PC connectivity tests show all is OK. Any ideas?

WBG

WBGavin, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Toadstool
    Toadstool Guest
    Streaming Media from my PC to my Xbox One

I am unable to stream media from my PC (Windows 8) to my new Xbox One. Previously, I could stream media from this PC to my Xbox 360. All I needed to do was right click the media (in this case an MP4) and then select "Play to Xbox 360". The Xbox One is definitely
    on the network and I can do some control of the device using the Windows 8 Xbox One SmartGlass app.

On the Xbox 360, this was done pretty much according to this forum article:

Streaming Media from your PC to your Xbox 360

Anyone have an idea why I can't stream media to the Xbox One?

Thanks!

Toadstool, Dec 25, 2015
  4. ArminatorX Win User

how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc

While you can't use Media Center with Windows 10 (as Windows 10 doesn't have Media Center anymore), you can still stream music, videos and pictures to your Xbox 360 via DLNA.

To set that up, start the Windows Media Player on your Windows 10 PC, and make sure the Media Player has access to your media files. Usually, Media Player looks for that under "Users\[YOUR USERNAME HERE]\[Pictures | Music | Videos]"

If you use different folders or drives for your media library, you need to add those folders and drives to the Media Player's library.

If your media shows up in the Media Player window, you need to turn on Media Sharing on the Windows 10 PC.

Open the start menu, and type "Control" to find the Control Panel.

In the Control Panel, type in the upper right corner "Media"

Under "Network and Sharing Center" should be a link to the "Media Streaming Options".

If necessary, enable Media Streaming and make sure your Xbox 360 is running.

You should then see the Xbox 360 in the list of available devices. Allow the Xbox 360 to access your PC's Media Library.

Now, on your Xbox 360, start the Music Player, Photo Viewer or Video player, and as source choose your PC from the list.

You should then see the media that your PC shares to your local network.
  5. maxen Win User

XBOX 360 and Game Streaming

Are you trying to stream a game from Xbox 360 to Windows 10? That's not supported - the media center of old was for streaming videos and songs.

There is a way to stream Xbox 360 games to Windows 10, but it involved using an Xbox One and playing the backwards compatible Xbox 360 on the Xbox 360, then streaming the Xbox One to Windows 10.
  6. Hordie Win User

Xbox One AS a media server, not a streaming receiver

Hi BrianRagle,

The Xbox One isn't really designed to be a network media server. You can only stream from your Xbox to your Windows 10 PC using the Xbox App for Windows 10. However protected video and HDCP-protected content can't be streamed with game streaming. This includes
    protected HDMI television content as well as the content from many media applications.

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-use-game-streaming
  7. IceStorm III Win User

XBox can't see PCs

The 360 has never had the ability to see simple SMB/CIFS shares from a Windows PC.

For a 360 to play back content from a PC, a media server/transcoder has always been required. Windows Media Player is one such program. There are many, many others.
  8. UltimateJessica Win User

Question regarding Windows Media Center

If you have a PC with Media Centre and a Xbox 360 then yes, it is still working.

The feature doesn't exist though on Windows 10 or Xbox One.
Thema:

1. Play media from Windows 10 PC to Xbox One - Similar Threads - Play media Windows

2. Xbox One - Error 0xc00d11cd (08000000e) - when trying to play media from external harddrive...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One - Error 0xc00d11cd (08000000e) - when trying to play media from external harddrive...: Hi, Whenever I try to play movies or videos from my external harddrive through the Media Player app, it crashes (sometimes immediately, sometimes 30 minutes in) and a message shows up saying:...
  3. does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...: does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play and control a DTS CD? 20c201d9-9ca9-4fd5-9f6c-2478fff8516b
  4. Spotify will open up and play music, but when I leave the app, I lose all media control and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spotify will open up and play music, but when I leave the app, I lose all media control and...: I'm on an Xbox Series X, and when I first set it up, Spotify worked fine. Now, when I try to listen to Spotify, it will open up in the app, but when I close out of the app I lose all media...
  5. I can't play Forza Horizon 5 after the Donut Media Update! The Game crashes while loading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play Forza Horizon 5 after the Donut Media Update! The Game crashes while loading.: I can't play Forza Horizon 5 after the Donut Media Update! The Game crashes while loading. I've tried to download and install the game all over again but it didn't solve the problem. I'm not able...
  6. game play issue requiring disc media

in XBoX on Consoles
    game play issue requiring disc media: I am having issues with my Xbox one reading discs . You can hear the drive trying to read the diac for a couple of times and then it stops with no error . I can remove the cd afterwords . I did...
  7. Media apps in remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media apps in remote play: when will media apps (netflix, youtube etc.) be available in remote play? 6b6cbee8-d648-4461-b1c7-765730f4e6b0
  8. Xbox HDCP connection issue - Series X will not play any of my personal media, physical or...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox HDCP connection issue - Series X will not play any of my personal media, physical or...: Just swapped my Xbox Series X with my Xbox One S and other than the new HDMI cord included with the Series X it’s hooked up exactly the same. However, with the new Xbox HDCP does not seem to be...
  9. Will the Xbox Series S in any way be able to access/play physical media?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will the Xbox Series S in any way be able to access/play physical media?: I have a lot of physical discs and I would like to ask if there are any plans to transfer the physical copies of games to digital in the near future. If not, will there be any kind of support for...
  10. Xbox having problems loading anything. Will only play external media device. Need fixed ASAP.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having problems loading anything. Will only play external media device. Need fixed ASAP.: having downloading issues. Not letting me use any apps but external media player. Loading really slow if at all. Lots of error codes. Connected to internet just fine. What can I do or what do I...