Play interrupted by “certain features require a connection to Xbox network.”

Discus and support Play interrupted by “certain features require a connection to Xbox network.” in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My son got NBA 2k23 two weeks ago for his birthday. He was a able to use My Player until a few days ago; now when playing My Player, he is interrupted... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by HurryingDrop212, Nov 8, 2022.

  1. Play interrupted by “certain features require a connection to Xbox network.”


    My son got NBA 2k23 two weeks ago for his birthday. He was a able to use My Player until a few days ago; now when playing My Player, he is interrupted by a message that states: “Certain features require a connection to Xbox network. Please check cables and configuration.” The Xbox is connected to our modem with a cable, not wireless. We tried re-starting the game, re-starting the console, shutting-down the console and unplugging it from the power source and then re-starting. Nothing worked. I have spent so much time trying to figure out what the problem is. Help me, please!

    :)
     
    HurryingDrop212, Nov 8, 2022
    #1
  2. HurryingDrop212 Win User

    Play interrupted by “certain features require a connection to Xbox network.”

    Thank you for the response. If I do that, is there a risk of losing the “my player” my son has built?
  3. Francia J. Win User

    Play interrupted by “certain features require a connection to Xbox network.”

    Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

    To fix this, you may need to perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below accordingly:

    1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

    2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

    3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

    4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  4. XxL3GITxN1NJA Win User

    If I never ever connect my xbox one to the internet....

    More than likely it will require you to attempt to connect to the internet on setup

    But, as the Microsoft VP said you can play single player games that don't require an internet connection just fine if you network is interrupted or not present. You can still play some games and access the console but you just wont be able to access any
    of the online features just like how it is now for the 360
  5. BidSuperset156 Win User

    NBA 2K14 stops suddenly with network connection message

    I'm having the same problem with NBA2K15. It got up to 76% and then it says "certain features require a connection to Xbox Live. Please check your network cables and configuration." But my network is fine. Anyone got any answers?
  6. Mr IRogers Jr Win User

    Google Fiber

    Well, I made it one day before the problem started up again. I was playing this morning and it happened twice. I received the error: "Certain features require a connection to Xbox Live. Please check your network cables and configuration."
Thema:

Play interrupted by “certain features require a connection to Xbox network.”

Loading...
  1. Play interrupted by “certain features require a connection to Xbox network.” - Similar Threads - Play interrupted “certain

  2. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  3. 1440p Remote Play - Is this alpha only still?

    in XboX Insiders
    1440p Remote Play - Is this alpha only still?: I’ve been trying to understand how to get the newly updated Remote Play to actually show at 1440p across many different test devices to no avail. I see the updated options, I can check the 1440p...
  4. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Ways to Customize, Play, and Connect

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Ways to Customize, Play, and Connect: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  5. Disc to digital to Xbox play anywhere issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital to Xbox play anywhere issue: Black ops 6 disc has been converted to digital. Game now shows up on my computer in the Xbox app. It installs fine and launches as it should. When I go to launch zombies, MP, or SP, I am greeted...
  6. Xbox Play Anywhere issues with Disc-to-Digital.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Play Anywhere issues with Disc-to-Digital.: I’ve recently claimed some games that are Xbox Play Anywhere (No Man’s Sky, Sea of Thieves, and Resident Evil Village) through the disc-to-digital program. On PC, it says I own it through the...
  7. Play the Wreck Runners September Update Early with XBOX Insiders

    in XboX Insiders
    Play the Wreck Runners September Update Early with XBOX Insiders: [IMG] XBOX Insiders on XBOX Series X|S, play the upcoming Wreck Runners September Update before release with the latest Xbox Insider playtest! Explore new Temples, face a dangerous new enemy,...
  8. Will owning a physical Xbox copy grant me a PC license under Play Anywhere and Disc - to -...

    in XboX Insiders
    Will owning a physical Xbox copy grant me a PC license under Play Anywhere and Disc - to -...: I really wanted to Pre-order The Blood of Dawnwalker, but since there was no physical release for PC (basically, no love for PC physical), I went with Onimusha. But, I am wondering, if I order a...
  9. Alpha ring Can't play physical discs

    in XboX Insiders
    Alpha ring Can't play physical discs: Hey everyone. I haven't tried to play a physical game in a long while. However with the new disc to digital starting I wanted to try it out. When I put a disc in nothing happens. Literally...
  10. How I got disc to digital working and what games I can play on my PC

    in XboX Insiders
    How I got disc to digital working and what games I can play on my PC: There's been a fair few confusing threads on this in the build up to the alpha/beta release today, so hopefully this helps out those who are interested in disc to digital. Pre-requisites: You...