Plastic clip broke off left analog stick and I don’t have money to buy a new controller

Discus and support Plastic clip broke off left analog stick and I don’t have money to buy a new controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; recently I started hearing a rattle so I took the left grip off and a little grey plastic clip fell out and it makes my left analog stick hard to push... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by silentwhistle88, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Plastic clip broke off left analog stick and I don’t have money to buy a new controller

recently I started hearing a rattle so I took the left grip off and a little grey plastic clip fell out and it makes my left analog stick hard to push down and makes it stick. I have no idea what to do or how to fix it.

:)

silentwhistle88, Nov 14, 2017
  2. RossFandey
    RossFandey Guest
    XBOX One controller issue

im having issues with the left analog stick sensitivity. the left analog stick isn't sensitive enough so in order to run i have to move it all the way and the controller shell is cutting into the plastic of it.

RossFandey, Nov 14, 2017
  3. Xbox One controller build quality

Yes this is the worse controller ever. I am on my second controller and just today the left analog stick once again broke. Now if I shake my controller broken plastic jiggles inside. The bumpers are also horrid. Overall bad quality. The 360 ones had a crap
    d-pad but that was not as bad as this new one.

Ant0nTheGreat, Nov 14, 2017
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Plastic clip broke off left analog stick and I don’t have money to buy a new controller

Hi

As you have already taken the controller apart the only thing I can recommend is to purchase a replacement controller. If you carry out a general internet search you may be able to find people who can guide you how to repair the
    controller yourself.

gds1972, Nov 14, 2017
  5. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    These might potentially help: -

Another guide on fixing it: -

Xbox One Controller - Thumbstick Fix Without Replacing the Module

You can also get replacement stick modules on eBay for like £2 a pair, although they're shipped from China and I can't vouch for the quality. Certainly cheaper than buying a new controller anyway!

SigmaTheDJ, Nov 1, 2018
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

These might potentially help: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4W7_OYt-3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT4hdb5woBI

Another guide on fixing it: -

http://www.instructables.com/id/Xbox-one-controller-Thumbstick-fix-without-replaci/

You can also get replacement stick modules on eBay for like £2 a pair, although they're shipped from China and I can't vouch for the quality. Certainly cheaper than buying a new controller anyway!
  7. gds1972 Win User

Hi

As you have already taken the controller apart the only thing I can recommend is to purchase a replacement controller. If you carry out a general internet search you may be able to find people who can guide you how to repair the
    controller yourself.
  8. RossFandey Win User

XBOX One controller issue

im having issues with the left analog stick sensitivity. the left analog stick isn't sensitive enough so in order to run i have to move it all the way and the controller shell is cutting into the plastic of it.
  9. Ant0nTheGreat Win User

Xbox One controller build quality

Yes this is the worse controller ever. I am on my second controller and just today the left analog stick once again broke. Now if I shake my controller broken plastic jiggles inside. The bumpers are also horrid. Overall bad quality. The 360 ones had a crap
    d-pad but that was not as bad as this new one.
  10. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

anyone else?

Your D-pad could be worn down. I know I need a new controller. I have a old usb controller. Get disconnect screen once in a while. Probably a short in the cord. Also the analog rubber is warn down on both analog sticks. I see hard plastic under the
    the little bit of rubber coating that's left on it.
Thema:

1. Plastic clip broke off left analog stick and I don’t have money to buy a new controller - Similar Threads - Plastic clip broke

2. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  3. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  4. Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue: Has anyone had problems with the plastic by the mic button crumble? I noticed where mine broke. It broke by a small screw that was threaded into it but I don’t know where it went. Mine is less...
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset - Plastic Casing around Mic randomly Cracked

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - Plastic Casing around Mic randomly Cracked: Good evening, I purchased an Xbox Wireless Headset in June 2023, and it has worked well, but yesterday when I picked it up to play, I noticed the plastic cased around the mic had randomly become...
  6. New xbox series x burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    New xbox series x burning plastic smell: Only playing 1080p game for about an hour and it is almost too hot to touch the side of the xbox series x console. It is on a shelf with plenty of ventilation. The top of the console where the...
  7. Microsoft wireless head set for Xbox plastic is breaking on second replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless head set for Xbox plastic is breaking on second replacement: Microsoft wireless head set for Xbox plastic is breaking around microphone on second replacement. As above, it’s weak as a kitten, what do we do? It’s less that 5 months old, first one lasted 2...
  8. I lost the plastic that protects the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows is it okay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I lost the plastic that protects the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows is it okay?: I've been using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows about a month ago But yesterday i lost the plastic that protects the usb port Is it ok? 7585af5b-8a6b-4187-8ae0-c12bcd31e99e
  9. Xbox Headphones Plastic Breaking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headphones Plastic Breaking: Hello, I’ve purchased 3 separate pairs of the wireless xbox headphones, and they have all broken in the same place. The plastic around the mic breaks at random, even if I’m not even home. This is...
  10. What the name of the grey plastic clip?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    What the name of the grey plastic clip?: [img] Hi. I want to know the name of the little grey clip what fell out of my controller so i can replace it. 86c57527-de88-4627-8858-844543414a53