Pixelated/Stuttering/Corrupted Video, Xbox Series X

Discus and support Pixelated/Stuttering/Corrupted Video, Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] Hi all, Looking for some help on this problem. Xbox Series X was working great for a month. After New Years vacation, I boot it up and I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AdamBunkoske, Jan 12, 2022.

1. AdamBunkoske
    AdamBunkoske Guest

Pixelated/Stuttering/Corrupted Video, Xbox Series X [​IMG]

Hi all,

Looking for some help on this problem. Xbox Series X was working great for a month. After New Years vacation, I boot it up and I have this weird flickering and pixelation happening on my TV. The pixels move and change after I move the controller around and seem to stop moving after about 2 seconds of motionless. I’ve tried a lot of troubleshooting already:

Turned off VRR

Toggled between resolutions, refresh rates, video modes in Xbox settings

Restarted Xbox

Reset Xbox - the pixelated view was there in the Xbox Setup Screen

Tried different HDMI cords

Restarted TV - Hisense 55UAG

Turned off everything I could possibly find in the picture settings on TV

Here are two videos showing the flickering:

https://youtu.be/T2HtUUr3C9c

https://youtu.be/_p0mDEEHzAM

Anyone have any advice or know what’s going on here?

Thank you!

:)

AdamBunkoske, Jan 12, 2022
  2. AdamBunkoske Win User

I’ve tried it on different inputs with the same problems occuring. I’ve also turned off all other picture settings.

I believe it might be something wrong with the GPU; I tried a different game and saw significant artificating showing as white and colored blobs all over the screen.

Warning - Strobing lights!

https://youtu.be/I4PzZGeUsTA

If it’s indeed a problem that cant be fix, how do I send my Xbox to be serviced? I just purchased it last month so it has to be under some sort of warranty.
  3. Jason of Oz Win User

Can you try a different HDMI input on your display, or do you have a different display handy to test with (even if its just a computer monitor w/ HDMI inputs)?

If it goes away are the picture remains static for a while, you could also investigate any "optimisations" your display might be applying to the picture? I generally turn all those things off and let the display panel just be a display panel without messing with the picture, but out of the box almost all TVs try to make things "better" with motion smoothing, noise reduction and all the rest of it.

- Jason
  4. Jason of Oz Win User

Yeah, it would definitely be under a warranty. Depending on your jurisdiction you may be able to just take it back to the retailer and have them deal with it, worst case scenario if you log in to https://account.microsoft.com/ and go to your devices, you can get the ball rolling on a warranty/support claim.

I'd definitely recommend testing with a different display before shipping back to Microsoft though, even go to the trouble of taking the console to a mate's place if needed. If Microsoft can't reproduce the issue immediately upon connecting it to a display in their repair centre they'll just close the case and return it to you. If you have the option of returning it to a local retailer you bought it from, they may have a display you can test with.

- Jason
  5. dyrwolv Win User

I have a very similar issue with my xbox series x. I have posted a tweet about it to xbox support and got no reply. https://twitter.com/ArticFox_ow/status/1481203508481347585?s=20
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Try on a different TV and see if the issue remains.
Thema:

1. Pixelated/Stuttering/Corrupted Video, Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Pixelated Stuttering Corrupted

2. Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...

in XboX Insiders
    Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...: Any idea on how to fix? If it helps, it occasionally just blacks out for a second or two. Its not the TV because streaming stuff on it works completely fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Xbox Serie S Display issue black pixel

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Serie S Display issue black pixel: Hello since last night my xbox no longer seems to be working properly. The display is very slow or even completely dysfunctional, pixels appear everywhere, a fixed black screen and at times a...
  4. Pixelated horizontal line

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pixelated horizontal line: When I play my xbox one I have a pixelated horizontal line that appears about an inch from the top. It only does this when I use my xbox one. I have tried going into my system settings and...
  5. I've had this laptop for about 6 months now, and already i have been seeing white pixels...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've had this laptop for about 6 months now, and already i have been seeing white pixels...: I am currently not able to upload images for some reason, but I will try to explain to the best of my ability. I am having the same issue as RoyalGamer1:...
  6. Blurry and pixelated Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blurry and pixelated Fortnite: Some of it looks pixelated and blurry for some reason, the water looks blurry for a distant and some contrails look blurry and pixelated I play on Series X Tv supports 4K 60Hz and 120 fps...
  7. Why is cloud gaming so pixelated.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is cloud gaming so pixelated.: When I'm playing it'll pixelate horribly and a line will run from top to bottom and fix it but it happens every few seconds. I have high internet speeds and perfect connection. Its my first time...
  8. While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing...: [img] I have tried all the troubleshooting steps for the game to resolve the issue of pixelation. (remove, re-install, power-off, HDMI cable change, etc) I have attached a screenshot of the game...
  9. Am unable to play games in cloud picture breaksup and rolls looks like pixels breaking up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am unable to play games in cloud picture breaksup and rolls looks like pixels breaking up: everytime I try to play a game on xboxone in cloud, the picture breaksup into picsels and rolls making playing imposible. How can this be fixed? f58af6d8-ee86-4e13-bf8d-0213295c8b2d
  10. Why does my Xbox keep giving terrible green and purple pixelation when I start up games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox keep giving terrible green and purple pixelation when I start up games?: Two times in the last two months I’ve had the problem where my Xbox just erupts into terrible green and purple pixelation and I can’t get away from it. I need help. [img]...