Physical games on optical disk - patch sizes you can expect that must be downloaded - please ...

Discus and support Physical games on optical disk - patch sizes you can expect that must be downloaded - please ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good initiative by this guy. A source we can maintain with games - we own on optical disk - patch downloads needed also: Microsoft Xbox One – Update... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BookishFlunky90, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Physical games on optical disk - patch sizes you can expect that must be downloaded - please ...

Good initiative by this guy.

A source we can maintain with games - we own on optical disk - patch downloads needed also:

Microsoft Xbox One – Update Sizes

Quite a few of us does not have endless amount of internet each month - so valuable resource to get estimate what simply think is not worth getting.

So buying digital, please don't bother. It's not those download sizes, even if some games are even larger patches than games themselves.

I added/updated info for a dozen of my games.

:)

BookishFlunky90, Oct 19, 2017
  2. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    Digital v physical media

@Blue then just make the physical game online activation is not that hard, if you if they wanted to there are options was my point, but of cause it wouldn't please everyone.

@Lei, maybe the file sizes wouldn't fit on the disk, so a patch is one way to obtain the info, instead of adding additional disks and cost (just speculation)

EnenDaveyBoy, Oct 19, 2017
  3. Looking for help on the Xbox One

If having really good internet, and flatrate in that no limit on amount of data - I might consider X1X still having 1080p monitor/tv.

What you can expect is that all games have more things to install/download. Some games buying on BD disk even have patch sizes 50-100& of game size.

Forza 7 is rumoured to be 100 GB - so think about that for a minute.

Many games now reduce resolution on X1 to 900p to get decent framrate - and you can expect to fluently run 1080p at even better framerates on X1X.

And more pretty visuals aspects even on 1080p can be expected on X1X.

All progress also has a penalty it seems.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 19, 2017
  4. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

Digital v physical media

@Blue then just make the physical game online activation is not that hard, if you if they wanted to there are options was my point, but of cause it wouldn't please everyone.

@Lei, maybe the file sizes wouldn't fit on the disk, so a patch is one way to obtain the info, instead of adding additional disks and cost (just speculation)
  5. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Are you ready for X1X and prepared to download extra 50 GB on every game????

Bear in mind that not all Enhanced games will require big download patches. Quite a few games will just be software patched to allow them to run in 4K, or near 4K resolution. A 4K enhancement doesn't always mean the game has to have 4k textures included
    as standard.

I mean I can play some of my PC games in 4K - I just change the screen resolution. Games look sharper and nicer, but the game download size remains the same. Xbox One X is obviously different, and all Enhanced games will require an update, but don't worry,
    they won't all be big updates.
    Will surely be like that - but still minimum option to not download it would be nice for a lot of people.

Not sure if it is to do with game engine they render with how that is built, on scanned textures or 3D modelling to higher degree.

Take some games like Golf:

a) The Golf Club - 36 courses built in from start, a course designer to make your own, and thousands of courses shared between players.

A little bit more generic in looks, but still good enough for realistic feel and trees shadown greens etc. Game size: 5 GB(patch size about 5 GB too).

b) Rory McIlroy PGA Tour - 8 courses. Game size: 27 GB(patch size 12.5 GB)

And overall TGC is the game I would recommend to anybody. You can abort anywhere on a course and just continue on that hole next time. You have a handicap system like amateurs have in real life, and this is improved as you play better. Nice flyby(scout camera). So
    what I thought was an inferior game due to size of it - was not that at all.

Rory is not even worth downloading the patch due to patch size. It is said to have autosave - but rounds I stopped in middle I had to start from hole 1 next time.

And you have no flyby to check out a hole - you only got one size map where you cannot zoom. A couple of view spots from tee. And some views of 10" rough or so look so noisy that it might be taken from a VHS video

So one conclusion - bigger size does not always make a game. These are quite comparable in open world point of view and how much you must present to gamer.

Over time maybe we learn which game engines also need hiddeous large 4k downloads.

Anyway, the link in OP tell a lot of patch sizes what you can expect in general if doing optical disk installs.

Please fill out fill updated into of games you know about.

Maybe that guy extend with 4k content sizes as well as now if you can play offline and some other good things to know - unless you are in the lucky half with internet.
  6. CorruptDNA Win User

Digital downloads are a flop.

Why would anyone download any game? There is zero advantage. At least with a physical copy you can sell it when you are done.

Digital downloads MUST be at least $30 cheaper to make up for the loss of the physical disk.
  7. Bon3zz1001 Win User

How much with the graphics install be?

[quote user="NameMonkey Boy"]

[quote user=""]

[quote user="NameMonkey Boy"]

The overall PC install is about 20GB so you can expect the consoles to be around the same. (Thats both disks)

[/quote]Actually from the leaked files the PC version of the game is just under 10gb.

[/quote]

10GB for the digital download version, 15GB for disk installation. (Close to 20GB if you includethe Back to
    Karkand DLC, HD texture pack for DLC and day 1 patch)

[/quote]There's nothing else contained in the disk version that isn't in the digital download. It's not going to be 15gb. Karkand at the most is going to be between 500mb-1gb. There is no "HD Texture Pack" for PC either. PC includes all of the higher res
    textures that are stripped out of the console versions which is another reason why the texture pack on consoles isn't going to be that big. (You weren't honestly expecting to get high / ultra textures where you? Lol) Day 1 patch will be nothing in size as
    Microsoft limits the size on patches. (5mb I believe?)
  8. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Looking for help on the Xbox One

If having really good internet, and flatrate in that no limit on amount of data - I might consider X1X still having 1080p monitor/tv.

What you can expect is that all games have more things to install/download. Some games buying on BD disk even have patch sizes 50-100& of game size.

Forza 7 is rumoured to be 100 GB - so think about that for a minute.

Many games now reduce resolution on X1 to 900p to get decent framrate - and you can expect to fluently run 1080p at even better framerates on X1X.

And more pretty visuals aspects even on 1080p can be expected on X1X.

All progress also has a penalty it seems.
Thema:

Physical games on optical disk - patch sizes you can expect that must be downloaded - please ...

1. Physical games on optical disk - patch sizes you can expect that must be downloaded - please ... - Similar Threads - Physical games optical

2. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  3. how to fix a error when trying to install physical games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix a error when trying to install physical games?: I’ve had a problem where every single time I’ve tried to download a game on my series x regardless of whether or it’s a Xbox one or series x disc, the download cancels before it even begins and...
  4. Brand new xbox x wont install or update new physical game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new xbox x wont install or update new physical game: I purchased the new xbox x series yesterday and a physical box game starfield I did the console update put in the new game starfield and it says installed but need to update so I update now and...
  5. Physical copy of a digital game unable to work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Physical copy of a digital game unable to work: Hi there, My question is about the physical version of a game not working as intended. But context so a few months ago I brought the digital versions of the batman arkham trilogy. Until I could...
  6. I have 2 physical xbox 360 games (one of them is a game for the 360 and the Xbox One) and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 2 physical xbox 360 games (one of them is a game for the 360 and the Xbox One) and...: My physical Jedi Fallen Order for Xbox One will not work on Series X, but I have 2 physical 360 games that will work. c0fcc7e6-fbe6-4ca0-ab46-18221b3d2294
  7. Mortal kombat 11 physical copy story mode not showing up in manage games and add on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mortal kombat 11 physical copy story mode not showing up in manage games and add on: Mortal kombat 11 story mode not showing up in manage games and add on 3ab55318-c4a0-4fb7-874e-538b6a4b91f8
  8. How do I get a previous Physically bought game back on my new-gen Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get a previous Physically bought game back on my new-gen Xbox series S: I had an Xbox one S Three years ago, but it stopped working. I only had one Xbox game disk "Minecraft: Xbox One edition, it was stuck in the Console on the time the console stopped working. I got...
  9. I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in...: I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in German, can I somehow change it to English or Polish? 7726f092-0487-4cb1-98db-1f6e57105010
  10. Can I play the physical copy of my games on the PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play the physical copy of my games on the PC?: I want to buy myself a pc but I already own a bunch of physical copies and I want to know if I can play them on the pc. f7308d54-e98e-47c2-8f23-895506e4675b