Physical disc won't start

Discus and support Physical disc won't start in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, Just picked up my copy of SoT, I've tried to insert the disc to start the installation but nothing happens. No prompt to download anything. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LokyLobotomy, Mar 19, 2018.

  1. LokyLobotomy
    LokyLobotomy Guest

    Physical disc won't start


    Hey all,

    Just picked up my copy of SoT, I've tried to insert the disc to start the installation but nothing happens. No prompt to download anything. I have tried turning my Xbox One S on and off, taking the game out and putting it back in and testing my internet connections.

    Any idea?

    TIA

    :)
     
    LokyLobotomy, Mar 19, 2018
    #1
  2. MerceNineRY
    MerceNineRY Guest
    GTAV, XBOXStore?

    no official word yet! mean-while i've got the physical disk! and won't start it until October 1st! Physical disc won't start :p
     
    MerceNineRY, Mar 19, 2018
    #2
  3. LOCKED - Region Problems

    As has been said many times, your physical location, account region, disc region, and DLC region all need to match. If they don't, it won't work.
     
    Mister Gwyther, Mar 19, 2018
    #3
  4. CrazY1985
    CrazY1985 Guest

    Physical disc won't start

    try clearing the cache by holding down your power button for 10 seconds.

    Retry afterwards.
     
    CrazY1985, Mar 19, 2018
    #4
  5. CrazY1985 Win User

    Physical disc won't start

    try clearing the cache by holding down your power button for 10 seconds.

    Retry afterwards.
  6. Smwutches Win User

    Xbox series X + series S

    The disc has to be in the drive in order to play them. Since the Series S doesn't have a disc drive, you won't be able to play the physical discs on that console.
  7. Jowster12 Win User

    USB backward compatibility

    It won't read USB drives. You must have a physical disc, or the downloaded version.
  8. Leemur60 Win User

    Game Transferring

    When you play a game installed from a physical disc you need to have the disc inserted to start the game. So for digital, you can insert the disc so would need a digital license. At the moment it is not possible to transfer physical to digital licenses.
  9. denis97g Win User

    Moving games to a new account?

    you won't have problems with the physical discs, but digital games can't be transferred between accounts unless you gameshare with the other account.
Thema:

Physical disc won't start

Loading...
  1. Physical disc won't start - Similar Threads - Physical disc won't

  2. The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games: So I like most of you other Insiders, I decided to check every Xbox One and Xbox Series X game I own to see which ones qualify for Disc to Digital. And between both consoles, I have 258 physical...
  3. Will owning a physical Xbox copy grant me a PC license under Play Anywhere and Disc - to -...

    in XboX Insiders
    Will owning a physical Xbox copy grant me a PC license under Play Anywhere and Disc - to -...: I really wanted to Pre-order The Blood of Dawnwalker, but since there was no physical release for PC (basically, no love for PC physical), I went with Onimusha. But, I am wondering, if I order a...
  4. Alpha ring Can't play physical discs

    in XboX Insiders
    Alpha ring Can't play physical discs: Hey everyone. I haven't tried to play a physical game in a long while. However with the new disc to digital starting I wanted to try it out. When I put a disc in nothing happens. Literally...
  5. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  6. Physical disc with digital expansion code would it work in another country

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Physical disc with digital expansion code would it work in another country: Elden ring game of the year expansion (UK) the disc is physical but it also comes with the expansion as a digital code. It saids it's region unlocked but I was wondering if the digital code will...
  7. Information Xbox physical disc. Help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Information Xbox physical disc. Help me: Good morning I wanted information about the physical versions of Xbox games I am a collector and I only buy physical versions of the games. But is it true that Microsoft will take physical...
  8. Why does F.E.A.R 1 physical disc not work on my Xbox SX

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does F.E.A.R 1 physical disc not work on my Xbox SX: Why does fear one disc not work on SX 1cb5cf60-6f97-4456-b32a-5e8cf7d64932
  9. Assassin's Creed Valhalla Install Stops, Requires Already Present Physical Disc

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla Install Stops, Requires Already Present Physical Disc: I am trying to install Assassin's Creed Valhalla on an Xbox One using a physical disc. At some point during the install (offline mode) or update (online mode), the install/update stops and gives...
  10. Buying Series X, if I have Boarderland 3 physical disc is that going to work on Series X...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying Series X, if I have Boarderland 3 physical disc is that going to work on Series X...: Borderlands 3, Xbox One - Walmart.com 8a04e7a9-f405-4fe7-94e6-00dcdff0b010