Phone number needed for verification is no longer active

Discus and support Phone number needed for verification is no longer active in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I attempted to reset the password on my old Microsoft account but I cannot receive the verification text due to the phone number no longer being... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Weird_One, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Weird_One
    Weird_One Guest

I attempted to reset the password on my old Microsoft account but I cannot receive the verification text due to the phone number no longer being active.

I remember the full phone number, and have gone through the Account verification form only for the automated system to not be able to determine if I am the owner of the account to regain access.

:)

Weird_One, Nov 26, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, right now the methods available to recover an account are the ones that I shared previously

If you reach Microsoft support they can submit the same forms and recommend the same articles that I shared with you
  3. Weird_One Win User

Hello Josef,

Just to clarify, as I read through all 3 links provided. There is nothing that can be done about this besides resubmitting the account recovery form again and again until the automated system decides it is me?

In the account recovery form, I have input my correct phone number, last 4 of my credit card and even my XBox Live ID and gamertag, but it still sends me an email saying that it is unable to verify my account and locks it for 24 hours.

There has to be some type of account recovery that is not an automated process, it can't just be left up to the "security" bot.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Weird_one

Sorry to hear that you lost access to the account
    When the recovery form is rejected, these are the options that you have:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

But you can try also the steps from these articles:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...

5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

You can submit the recovery form up to 2 times per day
  6. Weird_One Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this

Sorry to hear that you lost access to the account
    When the recovery form is rejected, these are the options that you have:

But you can try also the steps from these articles:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...

How many times can I resubmit the account recovery form before my account is locked for 30 days?

I have submitted my 5th account recovery form, input all the correct information and the automated system still can't verify my account.

This needs to be resolved by a human, not an automated system...
Thema:

1. Phone number needed for verification is no longer active - Similar Threads - Phone number needed

2. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...
  3. I need the support email or phone number to swap my Xbox accounts email with my new one...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need the support email or phone number to swap my Xbox accounts email with my new one...: My Xbox account is old and I forgot the password to the email and I also don't have the email connected to any of my phones/old phones so I can not switch to any Xbox unless I lose everything I...
  4. I need a phone number to contact Microsoft about my accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a phone number to contact Microsoft about my accounts: phone number to contact Microsoft about my account Yy fbacdbfa-1753-4b00-94b1-1dfacc3e6894
  5. I need a phone number for billing. My requests have not been met.

in XBoX on Windows
    I need a phone number for billing. My requests have not been met.: I need a phone number to speak to someone in billing. I dont want ta chat and I dont need instructions just a phone number to call. ce415744-14f4-4143-8f29-516c434f86a2
  6. need to change my phone number for verification

in XBoX Accessibility
    need to change my phone number for verification: Phone was on other account I don't have so I want to change it to the new phone I have 2a1eb057-5459-48f3-9dae-3dabf881d112
  7. I need to speak with someone, how do I get a phone call or number?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to speak with someone, how do I get a phone call or number?: Xbox g.c. entered, but I received an e-mail with my credit card that says acct. charged. below that charge it shows g.c. redeemed. 11367de0-add0-4cb2-8733-66e6f7f807a5
  8. I need to change my phone number for verification asap

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my phone number for verification asap: hi, I am trying to loging to my account from a different xbox and the verification asks for my old phone number which I no longer have access to. I have changed the number but it says I have to...
  9. Need to speak to a real person can anyone give me a phone number that works thank you

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to speak to a real person can anyone give me a phone number that works thank you: Have unorganised purchases on my account have been trying all morning to speak to someone with no luck if anyone knows a phone number for the uk l would be great full...
  10. How do I speak to a real person. I need a working phone number not a bunch of lies.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I speak to a real person. I need a working phone number not a bunch of lies.: Every single number I've called is not helpful. I need an actual living breathing persons help. This is horrible why is this so hard to get help. 08bbac1d-3380-4cb8-8ba3-7bdca0b019a1