Phone number isn't the same so I can't buy Xbox live, how do I change it

Discus and support Phone number isn't the same so I can't buy Xbox live, how do I change it in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I can't buy Xbox live because I need to confirm that it's me with my phone number, doesn't give me the other option, but my Xbox has my old number and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sam Gravestock, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Phone number isn't the same so I can't buy Xbox live, how do I change it

I can't buy Xbox live because I need to confirm that it's me with my phone number, doesn't give me the other option, but my Xbox has my old number and when I go to change my details on Microsoft it's the right number. My Xbox has my old number where as my Microsoft has my new account what's going on? I'm using the right email and password, my Xbox should be linked to my Microsoft account right, help

:)

Sam Gravestock, Mar 27, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Sam, by its description it should be referring to the phone number that you entered as security information, to change it you must do it through the link below by logging into your account.

Security

https://account.microsoft.com/security

Note: do not delete a security number or email, you must first add a new phone number or email and then remove the old one.
  3. AwesomeRens Win User

cant get on xbox due to security info change?

I have the same issue, so annoying. I only wanted to change my phone number. And now i can't log in on my xbox.
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

How do I change my phone number

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

As you have already been provided with the best response in regard to this topic, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day.
  5. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

How do I change my phone number

1. Sign in to your account using your existing alias and password.
    2. Go to Your info at the top of the page.
    3. Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.
    4. You may be asked to verify your account before changes can be made. Follow the instructions provided to select your alias:
      • Select Add email. You can create either a new Outlook.com email address or add an address that you already have. Then, select Add alias. You’ll be returned to the previous screen. Select Verify and
        follow the instructions provided.
      • Or, select Add phone number. Enter the phone number you want to use, and then select Next. When you add a new phone number, we'll send a text message to that number to verify it. Enter the code in the text message, and
        then select Next.
        Note Email addresses and phone numbers that are already an alias on another account can’t be used.

It can take up to 48 hours for the change to be implemented across all Microsoft services. If you sign in to your Microsoft account on an Xbox One console by using your Kinect sensor, you might temporarily
    be asked to manually sign in with a controller. If you're still being asked to manually sign in after 2 days, try removing your account from the console and then adding it back.
    You can use any email address or phone number you have listed as an alias to sign in. To make it harder for someone to break into your account, change your sign-in preferences to turn off any alias
    you don't want used to sign in.
  6. BlindDoughnut19 Win User

locked out of my account

I have a similar situation

I am locked out of my account basically..

I'd go to sign in, put my password in then it comes up with security info thing where it texts a code to my number

But that number isn't mine, it is my boyfriends. (I used his number coz I had very bad phone service) and he has lost his phone so now I can't get the code to sign in....

Do you know how to change that number (if you even can) ?
Thema:

1. Phone number isn't the same so I can't buy Xbox live, how do I change it - Similar Threads - Phone number isn't

2. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  3. Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number: First of all, I'm being sent around in circles on this topic now. I've contacted both Microsoft and Xbox support with both telling me to contact the other as they will know the best way to deal...
  4. How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?: Microsoft locked my accpunt due to suspicious activity and when i put in my username and password (which are correct and active!) It only gives me the option to use an outdated phone number for an...
  5. My Phone Number is not recognising on my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Phone Number is not recognising on my Microsoft account: I am trying to add my Phone number on my account and when i Type in the code and my password in their a message saying that it can't add my phone and i need it for Microsoft rewards...
  6. Can't add a phone number on my profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add a phone number on my profile: I just want to add a phone number to redeem my points but Microsoft won't let me do it. please help. I get a error message after i entered my password ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and...
  7. Phone number

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Phone number: The phone number that I used to create the account. I no longer have it so I would like to remove it ec9397a7-b602-4369-a8b2-eb333da01903
  8. cancel 2fa without having access to email log in as loss of phone number or alterante email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    cancel 2fa without having access to email log in as loss of phone number or alterante email.: so i have no longer got access to my email as it was hacked and i no longer have my 2fa codes available as number is long gone and my alt email ive tried to recover through but microsoft will not...
  9. My account is locked, and my phone number isn't accepted by Microsoft, even though I used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account is locked, and my phone number isn't accepted by Microsoft, even though I used...: I already tried different numbers and such, but it doesn't work. It says my account is locked for violating microsofts policy, but I'm confused. I didn't violate a policy....
  10. is support chat down? isn't working for me also if u have xbox one support phone number ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    is support chat down? isn't working for me also if u have xbox one support phone number ...: I keeps ending as soon as someone joins also if anyone had xboxone mircosoft support number that be great thank 009890db-a29e-4a24-b5f7-885a2b4486b0