Person changed gamertag and I need help finding the new one

Discus and support Person changed gamertag and I need help finding the new one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Someone I used to play with who is not on my friend's list changed their Gamertag, I know what their old one was, is there a way for me to figure out... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bestbear, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Bestbear
    Bestbear Guest

Someone I used to play with who is not on my friend's list changed their Gamertag, I know what their old one was, is there a way for me to figure out what the new one is?

:)

Bestbear, Jun 12, 2021
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Hi,

Unfortunately not, as you’ll need their current gamertag to find and add them on Xbox Live. Sorry to say, this happens often and is quite common, I’m afraid. There’s a few threads with interesting discussions regarding this here on the forum, one of them from a few years back here

If you were friends with them before the gamertag change - you'll still be friends. Xbox doesn’t notify you if/when someone changes their gamertag.

All I can suggest is to reach out to people who may have also been friends with them or still are. If you know them in real life, contact them to ask what their gamertag is or ask them to send you a friend request.

If they’re still in the list of players you recently played with or in your messages, for example, you might have a chance at finding them. If they’re in a club on Xbox, search there. Keep in mind though, their updated gamertag will be reflected to show this across everything, and not the previous gamertag.

Depending on how long ago you added them as a friend, this may still appear in your activity feed so you can add them this way.

You could also post on social media, such as Twitter, to find them, just don’t post any personal info. If you decide to to this, keep in mind that there’s no guarantee anyone is who they say they are.

Hopefully you find them! Best of luck :)
  3. HassanB Win User

How do I change my gamertag if my name is on it????

That was sent to everyone, and that e-mail doesn't mean that you have a free gamertag change. It says "Want a name change?
    Check if you have a free gamertag change."

That's sent to every person, new and existing. It's meant for new accounts to change their gamertag if they haven't already within that first 30 days. You'll need to pay for a gamertag change if you want one.
  4. Original Colton Win User

My gamertag is insulting to others in my area of where i live, but i do not have the money to acquire a new gamertag, what do i do!?

You need to have at least one person file a complaint against your gamertag, and if Microsoft finds it offensive, they will make you have a FNC, (Forced Name Change).
  5. SHiIfT N DRiiFT Win User

GamerTag Name Stolen

No - Your friend will have to re-edit the gamertag otherwise you cannot take that gamertag.

Microsoft will also not clear the account since there may be no harm to the account.

Ask your friend if he will give you the account or change the gamertag name.

Otherwise, the gamertag is his and you will need to find a new one.

Hope this help,

Brad.
  6. KavxA Win User

New gamertag showing above old gamertag after paying for gamertag change

Kinda glad I’m not the only one, I talked to an Xbox support person and they said Xbox is currently changing their gamertag system and some people who have changed their gamertags won’t have their new one show up until the new gamertag system is completely up
Thema:

1. Person changed gamertag and I need help finding the new one - Similar Threads - Person changed gamertag

2. The Xbox part chat only works if its just me and one other person

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    The Xbox part chat only works if its just me and one other person: I have tried everything possible for the network and I believe it may be my console so I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done to help with this issue seeing as it may not be my...
  3. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114
  4. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  5. Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?: If me and my friend texted through Xbox and I deleted the chat but they still have it can I recover it? 28272ae1-fd49-4801-98ec-ef0bb6ae4745
  6. How do I speak to someone in person from Microsoft Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I speak to someone in person from Microsoft Xbox: How do I speak to someone in person from Microsoft Xbox 6f231c76-603f-44b0-8e51-97d8cddf8e9f
  7. how do i change -personalize the background theme on a 360 console

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i change -personalize the background theme on a 360 console: i have an original 360 elite console from about 2012 maybe , googled how to do it but every anser it says to do the menues arent listed on my console. Like - Profile & system > Settings > General...
  8. Will changing the Xbox account email make me lose access to other personal accounts I own ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will changing the Xbox account email make me lose access to other personal accounts I own ?: So I'm currently trying to change my Xbox account email address to a new one, the thing is this current address i used to create my Facebook account and other stuff which I really need, will...
  9. gamertag change as trans person?

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamertag change as trans person?: Hi, First impressions are really important, and when I meet strangers online they'll see me and acknowledge me as my deadname, this makes it really hard to make friends who refer to me by my...
  10. My account has been hacked i need to change log in info how do i contact a real person not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked i need to change log in info how do i contact a real person not...: Account has been hacked how do i contact a real agent not a virtual agent f1eee7c0-56a5-4f8c-9d2b-ef071cf841d6