Persistent restart wireless issue on Series X

Discus and support Persistent restart wireless issue on Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Had this issue come up a couple days ago. It's where I turn on my Series X from standby and internet won't connect automatically, and I have to go into... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Abal125, May 6, 2022.

1. /u/Abal125
    /u/Abal125 Guest

Had this issue come up a couple days ago. It's where I turn on my Series X from standby and internet won't connect automatically, and I have to go into the network settings, test connection, then restart wireless. Was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue, or maybe a fix. Sorry if this has been already asked or mentioned. Currently in Alpha ring. Thanks in advance.

Note: This issue did start right around the latest controller update.

submitted by /u/Abal125
    [link] [comments]

/u/Abal125, May 6, 2022
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device and restart.

Hi Amelia_364,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox Series X randomly disconnecting from the network. I understand how frustrating this can be. This is not a known issue, and it is likely related to your network settings or router configuration but if deemed that this is already a hardware issue with the console, this can be covered by warranty.

Firstly, I would like to know if you're using a wired or wireless connection to connect your Xbox Series X to the network. If you're using a wireless connection, please try connecting your Xbox Series X to the network using a wired connection to see if the issue persists. This will help us determine if the issue is related to your wireless network.

If the issue persists, please try the following steps:

1. Power cycle your Xbox Series X by holding down the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then unplug the power cable from the console and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in and turning on the console.

2. Reset your network settings on your Xbox Series X by going to Settings > General > Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear > Restart.

3. Check your network connection on your Xbox Series X by going to Settings > Network settings > Test network connection. If you see any errors or warnings, try to resolve them by following the suggested solutions.

4. If none of the above steps help, try to update your Xbox Series X's firmware by going to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Console update available. Follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the update to complete. Then, restart your Xbox Series X and see if the network issue is resolved.

If issue persists, please check this page and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot the issue further: Troubleshoot your network connection speed | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with your Xbox Series X. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Marrion
  3. Jdmsx Win User

Xbox Series X Major Lag Issues

Hi there. I have tried almost every possible method of restarting, resetting and everything inbetween. Ports are forwarded, etc.

The thing is, I have my Xbox One and Series X set up beside each other. Due to the Series X’s problems, I can switch off my Series X, and switch on my Xbox One, and have no connection issues.

Both playing on the same wifi, both wireless connection, with all the same settings (except the Series X is running on 120fps).

Something is not right with the Series X and I believe it’s more than just needing to reset my MAC address...
  4. David Wirsching Win User

Why do I get sign-in network errors?

Hello SherpaDC, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing network issues when signing in on your Xbox Series X. Here are some possible causes and solutions you could try:

Network connectivity issues Although you mention that other devices on the same Wi-Fi network are working correctly, there may still be specific issues with your Xbox Series X's network connection. Try the following:

Restart your router and your Xbox Series X.
    Verify that the Xbox Series X is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network and that the signal is strong.
    Consider connecting your Xbox Series X directly to the router via an Ethernet cable to rule out wireless connectivity issues.
    If possible, try a different Wi-Fi network to see if the issue persists.

Xbox Live account issues: There may be a problem with your Xbox Live account that is causing the sign-in errors. Try the following:

Verify that your login credentials (email and password) are correct. You can try to reset your password through the Xbox website.

Make sure there are no restrictions or blocks on your Xbox Live account, such as pending payments or suspensions.
    Consider creating a new Xbox Live account temporarily to check if the issue persists. This will help determine if the issue is related to your specific account.
    Network settings issues: Check the network settings on your Xbox Series X to make sure they are configured correctly. You can try the following:

Verify that the network settings on your Xbox Series X match the network settings on your router.
    Make sure there are no firewall restrictions or MAC address filtering that could block your Xbox Series X from connecting.
    Try resetting the network settings on your Xbox Series X and setting it up again from scratch.

Best regards.
  5. Fatima_J Win User

Xbox controller working but Xbox not seeing the commands

Hi

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox Series X where the controller is working, but the Xbox is not responding to the commands. I'm sorry to hear that you are facing this issue, but I'm here to help you resolve it.

Firstly, I would suggest you try resetting your Xbox Series X and your controller. To reset your Xbox Series X, press and hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then, unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds before plugging it back in. Turn on your console and check if the issue is resolved.

To reset your controller, press and hold the Xbox button on the controller for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then, press the Xbox button again to turn it back on. Once the controller is on, try to connect it to your Xbox Series X and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you try updating your Xbox Series X and your controller to the latest software version. To update your Xbox Series X, go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Console update. To update your controller, connect it to your Xbox Series X using a USB cable and go to Settings > Devices & accessories > Accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Device info > Firmware version. If there is an update available, follow the on-screen instructions to update your controller.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you try connecting your controller to your Xbox Series X using a USB cable and check if it works. If it does, then the issue could be with the wireless connection between your controller and your Xbox Series X. In this case, I would suggest you try resetting your wireless connection by going to Settings > Devices & accessories > Accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Disconnect > Connect.

If none of the above steps work, I would suggest you contact Xbox support for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with more advanced troubleshooting steps and help you resolve the issue.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with your Xbox Series X. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

We look forward to your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  6. PhilasandeNdokweni Win User

security info change glitch..when attempting to sign into my xbox account

im on the xbox series s, yes I've cleared cache, restarted and removed all accounts as well, yet the issue persists
Thema:

1. Persistent restart wireless issue on Series X - Similar Threads - Persistent restart wireless

2. Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases

in XBoX on Windows
    Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases: I am deeply concerned about the relentless barrage of notifications flooding my inbox regarding old refund cases that have already been resolved. Despite my repeated requests to cease these...
  3. Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X: hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud owner of the Xbox Series X since its release,...
  4. How can I reset my persistent storage on Xbox series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I reset my persistent storage on Xbox series s?: On mk11, I bought some of the DLCS a long time ago but when I switched to xbox series s, some of them said I didn’t have them but when I tried to buy it it would say “content already owned”. I...
  5. why dpoes this problem persist

in XBoX on Consoles
    why dpoes this problem persist: "device can perform better when connected to 3.0 " i have updagted the driver and i have usb 3.0 port why does this show up in my settings and yes i have updated the drivers atlleast acccroding to...
  6. Forza horizon 5 persistently crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 persistently crashes.: My game (fh5) crashes during acolades at the same spot. Tried clearing console cache and rebooting and nothing seems to work. Im using internal storage. Even tried starting the game in new profile...
  7. My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired...: My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired connection as well as a wireless connection. The console will have periods where the NAT type is coming back as...
  8. Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!

in XboX Insiders
    Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!: I left the preview program over 2 months ago however I was reporting this while in the program and its still an on going problem. I can not use any capture settings other then 4k HDR (my Consoles...
  9. Xbox capture-related issues still persist

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox capture-related issues still persist: This has been a problem since the December 1, 2020 firmware update. Every time I try to share a capture uploaded to Xbox Live to activity feeds, clubs, or messages on the Xbox One, it still fails...
  10. Xbox One X HDD issues persist after unenrolling from Insider Preview

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X HDD issues persist after unenrolling from Insider Preview: Hello, A while ago I got a second-hand Xbox One X that was experiencing start up errors that I believed were due to the console being enrolled in the Insider Preview updates. After trying an...