Persistent 80151901 Error.

Discus and support Persistent 80151901 Error. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; "This console is unable to connect to Xbox LIVE" error or some sort. Since shortly before I got my PS4 (Boo, I know), my 360 hasn't been able to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OrdealByFire, Jan 2, 2014.

1. OrdealByFire
    OrdealByFire Guest

"This console is unable to connect to Xbox LIVE" error or some sort. Since shortly before I got my PS4 (Boo, I know), my 360 hasn't been able to connect to XBL. It claims to be a network issue, but this was never a problem before, so I don't know why it's
    suddenly happening. I've tried restoring factory network settings, restarting my router, all of that stuff, and I have no luck. I also had ports forwarded and such for my 360, but disabled that thinking that might do something -- nope. Any ideas? It's really
    frustrating to have GTA V and not be able to play it online.

I would also like to add that I've tried using the Xbox Support thing on this site and it hasn't helped me whatsoever. Something's wrong that I can't find out, and apparently that thing can't either.

:)

OrdealByFire, Jan 2, 2014
  2. OrdealByFire
    OrdealByFire Guest
    80151901 Error. Persistent for MONTHS.

Did the bridge mode thing. It messed up my router for some unknown reason, so I had to reset to factory settings. My Wi-Fi works again, but my 360 still won't connect to Xbox LIVE.

So that's cool.

3. OrdealByFire
    OrdealByFire Guest

It won't ever get fixed for me, no worries.

4. OrdealByFire Win User

Hm. I wonder if it is the cable then? For some reason, yes, it is assigning that 169.254.x.x IP address, because that's what showed up again after a failed test. If it is the Ethernet cord, I'd not be completely surprised. I have been using the cord and
    adapter for my 360 since I used it for my PS2 about 9 or 10 years ago now.

I'm not super savvy in this -- how do I choose a different LAN port? If you're suggesting what I think you are, I can't, as I'm using an old, old, old Arcade 360 with a Linksys Wireless-G Game Adapter.
  5. OrdealByFire Win User

How do I check out this "bridge mode" dealie?
  6. G34RH34D420 Win User

i changed the mac address of my xbox to the same as router. This seem to fix my problem. Seem like some ddos attack or something.
  7. NolanTanzy Win User

This happens to my OG xbox 360, But not my slim. Weird huh?
  8. DangerousBard Win User

Hello,

You should power off your modem and router and your PLC adapters for 5 minutes. Power on the modem and wait one minute for it to connect properly. Power on the router and wait another minute. Plug in your PLC adapters.

Power on the Xbox and navigate to Xbox network settings. Select Configure Network and slide to the Additional Settings tab. Select Restore network settings to factory defaults. Press "B" on your controller and select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Hope this helps you!
Thema:

1. Persistent 80151901 Error. - Similar Threads - Persistent 80151901 Error

2. Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases

in XBoX on Windows
    Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases: I am deeply concerned about the relentless barrage of notifications flooding my inbox regarding old refund cases that have already been resolved. Despite my repeated requests to cease these...
  3. Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X: hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud owner of the Xbox Series X since its release,...
  4. How can I reset my persistent storage on Xbox series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I reset my persistent storage on Xbox series s?: On mk11, I bought some of the DLCS a long time ago but when I switched to xbox series s, some of them said I didn’t have them but when I tried to buy it it would say “content already owned”. I...
  5. why dpoes this problem persist

in XBoX on Consoles
    why dpoes this problem persist: "device can perform better when connected to 3.0 " i have updagted the driver and i have usb 3.0 port why does this show up in my settings and yes i have updated the drivers atlleast acccroding to...
  6. Forza horizon 5 persistently crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 persistently crashes.: My game (fh5) crashes during acolades at the same spot. Tried clearing console cache and rebooting and nothing seems to work. Im using internal storage. Even tried starting the game in new profile...
  7. My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired...: My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired connection as well as a wireless connection. The console will have periods where the NAT type is coming back as...
  8. Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!

in XboX Insiders
    Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!: I left the preview program over 2 months ago however I was reporting this while in the program and its still an on going problem. I can not use any capture settings other then 4k HDR (my Consoles...
  9. Xbox capture-related issues still persist

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox capture-related issues still persist: This has been a problem since the December 1, 2020 firmware update. Every time I try to share a capture uploaded to Xbox Live to activity feeds, clubs, or messages on the Xbox One, it still fails...
  10. Xbox One X HDD issues persist after unenrolling from Insider Preview

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X HDD issues persist after unenrolling from Insider Preview: Hello, A while ago I got a second-hand Xbox One X that was experiencing start up errors that I believed were due to the console being enrolled in the Insider Preview updates. After trying an...