Permanently remove games from Xbox account

Discus and support Permanently remove games from Xbox account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I know games can be uninstalled. I know games can be hidden. I would really like to see the ability to permanently remove games tied your account,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Maretchek, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Maretchek
    Maretchek Guest

I know games can be uninstalled. I know games can be hidden.

I would really like to see the ability to permanently remove games tied your account, similar to what Steam offers. I used to regularly download the monthly Games With Gold to give them a try, and now I have about 100 games tied to my account that I will
    not play and just serve as digital clutter. I am discouraged to try a new free game because I know that if I don't like it, there is no way to get rid of it. With the increasing shift to all digital, permanently removing games should be basic functionality.

:)

Maretchek, Aug 12, 2020
  2. AridLizard Win User

Unlink Microsoft acc from Xbox account

as you have a Hotmail account it is impossible to unlink it from the Xbox account.

if you remove a Microsoft email address from an Xbox account it will permanently delete the email account
  3. WPAK Win User

Deleting An Account

I don't think that will delete your Xbox Live account, since it can not be permanently deleted.

(You can remove all friends from that account as far as I know that might remove that account from their list,)
  4. Evo Fire Win User

reseting my achivement library

The achievements earned on the account are permanently there unless they are modded and all gamerscore will be removed from the account. Achievement resets are also permanent to the account and you may never earn them again unless you create a new Xbox live
    account.
  5. Stephanie Dequito Win User

"The email address is already taken. Please choose another one."

Hi Mad! I'm more than happy to help you out!

Unfortunately, your Xbox account is permanently attached to your original/old email address. Removing your old email address from your Microsoft Xbox account will result to permanent deletion of your games, saved data and your files from your account.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  6. HopefulToad Win User

Why isn't it possible to permanently remove Xbox games?

Steam allows you to "permanently" remove a game from your account. I say "permanently" because it's not actually permanent; you can search up the game in Support and say "Hey, why don't I have this game in my library?" and Steam's response is "Uh, you asked us to permanently remove the game. Do you want to restore the game to your account?"

So it does still keep an internal record of you once having the game in your library. However, beyond that I believe it does otherwise act as if you never had the game, with it not showing in your library, nor your hidden items, nor in your achievement information. So they're removing it from some databases without issue.

It would be nice if Xbox had the same ability. There is a free game I once accidentally started to install before quickly cancelling it. I had no interest in the game, but since I pressed the wrong button once, the game is now permanently tied to my account and that irks me.

I've seen another reasonable use case for permanent removal of a game where a parent wanted to remove the ability for his or her kids to redownload a game she didn't want them playing.
Thema:

1. Permanently remove games from Xbox account - Similar Threads - Permanently remove games

2. permanently banned untill my account has been suspended untill 12/31/9999.

in XBoX on Consoles
    permanently banned untill my account has been suspended untill 12/31/9999.: How ever you are suspended for your account deleted Roblox Xbox series x or Xbox one ada6e8eb-e791-4193-8ff5-d2102ad25eb0
  3. How do i turn off quick resume permanently?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i turn off quick resume permanently?: I was playing a game and lost hours off progress because of this,it happend before and i was tolerant but this is my last straw just wanted you do let you know that this is an issue and want too...
  4. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?: I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm...
  5. Xbox Account got permanently banned cause email was hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Account got permanently banned cause email was hacked.: My Xbox account suddenly got permanently banned. And there was no telling the reason and no reason why the ban was banned. Most of the information I looked at would inform the user why they were...
  6. How can I get my permanent suspension xbox account back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I get my permanent suspension xbox account back?: How can I get my permanent suspension xbox account back? c4600d67-db60-4fdf-9e66-217e081989cd
  7. How do I permanently remove or uninstall XBox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I permanently remove or uninstall XBox?: How do I permanently remove XBox app? I tried googling and looking on my Microsoft help box but its still not clear how to remove it. Every time I open my laptop, I get advertisements from XBox...
  8. I removed an email as an alias, i get that its permanently deleted but can that same email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I removed an email as an alias, i get that its permanently deleted but can that same email...: i was trying to switch emails like everyone else is and i hit remove thinking it would only remove it from the account not delete because it only says remove, i even read the description and it...
  9. Can you help me permanently remove it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you help me permanently remove it?: Hello, I've been trying to remove my account from other devices, like my friends PCs or laptops. Whenever I remove their devices, it keeps coming back; they can still easily access my account....
  10. Why isn't it possible to permanently remove Xbox games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't it possible to permanently remove Xbox games?: Please add a feature to permanently remove a game from your Xbox library. I know games can be hidden, but I want to be able to permanently disassociate my account from a game....