Permanent 0x800704cf error after changing email alias on Microsoft account?

Discus and support Permanent 0x800704cf error after changing email alias on Microsoft account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello all. A few years ago, I changed the email that I use for my Microsoft account. After this change, I always get the 0x800704cf error code whenever... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Scott Downard, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Permanent 0x800704cf error after changing email alias on Microsoft account?

Hello all. A few years ago, I changed the email that I use for my Microsoft account. After this change, I always get the 0x800704cf error code whenever I try to use that account to login to any form of Microsoft owned apps, for example, Microsoft store, Xbox app, Minecraft launcher, etc. I got onto a live text chat and phone call with a Microsoft support agent and they were convinced that it was a network issue with my pc that was not allowing me to sign in. So I created a new email and Microsoft account to test whether it was a account specific issue, which it was, as I was able to login to the Microsoft store instantly with the new account, but still was unable with my primary account. Though during this communication with the Microsoft support agent he had my try to ping microsoft.com using the windows 10 command prompt, which failed four times. So I really don't know what the problem could be at this point. I really do not want to have to convert to a new Microsoft account since I have spent the last 10 or so years with this one and have a good deal of money invested into the games and property associated with it. If anyone has come across this issue I would love to hear a response, no ways I have looked up to solve this error code fix my problem, and I am not even sure it accurately represents what my issue could be.

:)

Scott Downard, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

The 0x800704cf error message typically indicates that there is a problem with the Windows Firewall.

This error can occur when attempting to access certain features or services, such as Windows Update or the Microsoft Store, after making changes to your Microsoft account, such as changing your email alias.

One common solution to this issue is to reset the Windows Firewall to its default settings. You can do this by going to the Control Panel, selecting "System and Security," then "Windows Firewall," and clicking on the "Restore defaults" button.

Alternatively, you may try to change the settings of your firewall to allow the feature or service that you are trying to use.

If your problem persists or the problem is fixed please let me know!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  3. Mister Getafix Win User

Change of email

Heya!

To change the email you would want to follow the
    alias change guide.
    Keep in mind removing an alias can permanently delete it.

Follow these steps and let us know how that goes.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Account Alias Question

Hello wolfeboy1,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning more about keeping an alias after removing it as the primary alias, and you would like to make your Gmail account the primary alias. The email address will remain
    on the account as a secondary alias after you remove it from the primary alias slot. Once you

change the primary alias
    on the Gmail account, you will still see your old email address on the list. If the old email address is a Microsoft email address like @outlook or @live and it's removed, the email address will be deleted permanently and cannot
    be reclaimed after it is removed. You can assign a third-party email address to another Microsoft account.

In order for you to use your Gmail account as the primary alias of another Microsoft account, you need to remove it from the account when it is a secondary alias. This means removing it as the primary alias from the Microsoft account that has it. The
    article we provided explains more about completing the process, and what's involved with it. We hope this information helps wolfeboy1!
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Assigning Gamertag to different Email Address

Hey Kind

Thank you for replying.

If you change the alias, you will only be changing what email you use to sign in to the account. You can add another alias to your account and use that as the Primary alias
    as long as this is not already associated with another Microsoft account.

Additionally, as long as the email does not belong to a Microsoft domain [MSN, Hotmail, Outlook, Xboxfamily, etc] you can also remove that email from the account as well to have only your email or phone used to sign in to the account with all the games.
    [If your account was originally created using Microsoft domain, and you remove this from the alias list, you will delete that email permanently so be careful.]

Changing the alias also will not change how emails are received to the original email of the account.

I hope this helps clear up any further confusion.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Migrar o perfil xbox da conta Microsoft -[Translation - Migrate the Microsoft account xbox profile]

Hello AlanMacielBR,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning how you can move an Xbox profile from one Microsoft account to another. At the moment, this feature is not available for Microsoft account. The only option is
    to change the primary email address(primary alias) of the Microsoft account that has your Xbox profile. The account owner must

change the primary alias
    of the account that has your Xbox profile to the intended email address. The account owner can then use the previous email address by adding it as a primary alias to a different Microsoft account. However, If you remove an alias
    that's an email address from a Microsoft domain (like @hotmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com, or @msn.com), you're permanently deleting the alias and it can't be associated with any Microsoft account again. We hope this information helps AlanMacielBR!
Thema:

1. Permanent 0x800704cf error after changing email alias on Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - Permanent 0x800704cf error

2. How do i turn off quick resume permanently?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i turn off quick resume permanently?: I was playing a game and lost hours off progress because of this,it happend before and i was tolerant but this is my last straw just wanted you do let you know that this is an issue and want too...
  3. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?: I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm...
  4. Xbox Account got permanently banned cause email was hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Account got permanently banned cause email was hacked.: My Xbox account suddenly got permanently banned. And there was no telling the reason and no reason why the ban was banned. Most of the information I looked at would inform the user why they were...
  5. How can I get my permanent suspension xbox account back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I get my permanent suspension xbox account back?: How can I get my permanent suspension xbox account back? c4600d67-db60-4fdf-9e66-217e081989cd
  6. My Xbox Account Has Been Permanent Suspended In a Highly Unreasonable Manner

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox Account Has Been Permanent Suspended In a Highly Unreasonable Manner: My Xbox account, which I have had for 15 years, has been suspended, most likely due to cross-region purchases (99.99% certain). Since there is no Xbox store in Malaysia, the only way for me to...
  7. Xbox Series X controller permanently saying headset attached when no headset is attached

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller permanently saying headset attached when no headset is attached: I’ve had my Xbox X a week and today have had the issue where the controller is saying there is a headset attached permanently when there isn’t in fact a headset attached, I’ve updated the...
  8. Why did my account get permanently suspended even though in 8 years ive only ever had one...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my account get permanently suspended even though in 8 years ive only ever had one...: I recently was given a permanent ban because my gamer pic “violated the Community Standards.” The pic in question was of Buffalo Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott photoshopped with a beard and...
  9. Is it possible to be unbanned of a permanent ban?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to be unbanned of a permanent ban?: [img] So my Xbox account has been permanently banned. This because of some smack talking here and there on Rainbow Six Siege, the whole smack talking was a complete joke. The next day when i log...
  10. I got permanent banned back in 2022 and I didn’t even do anything wrong

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got permanent banned back in 2022 and I didn’t even do anything wrong: Hello, I got permanently suspended back in 2022 and now looking back at the suspension I saw that even back in 2022 Xbox gave me no reason for the suspension like (messages) (communication)...