[PC] Xbox One Elite controller working only inside "Xbox Accessories" app

Discus and support [PC] Xbox One Elite controller working only inside "Xbox Accessories" app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This is a very strange malfunctioning: my elite controller works ONLY inside the "Xbox Accessories" app. The controller gets detected, both wired and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by IvanLast, Oct 15, 2019.

1. IvanLast
    IvanLast Guest

This is a very strange malfunctioning: my elite controller works ONLY inside the "Xbox Accessories" app.

The controller gets detected, both wired and wirelessly, but the PC doesn't register its inputs (aside from that app).

In the "game controller" window, the controller is listed correctly as "Xbox One controller for windows" but the "test" window doesn't register any button press or lever movement, although, as I wrote above, the controller does work inside the "Xbox accessories"
    app.

:)

IvanLast, Oct 15, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

How to reset your elite controller

3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Devices and Accessories

Hi there Volcannon,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with creating slots/profiles for the accessory device. What accessory are you working with? (Xbox One wireless controller, Xbox One Elite wireless controller, Adaptive Controller)

I recommend taking a look at the following troubleshooting articles:

Try this out and let us know the results.
  4. IvanLast Win User

The controller started working as soon as I opened the Settings > Devices window,
    I wonder if it's just a coincidence.

Anyway, the problem is solved, for the time being.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

6. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Ivan,

Thanks for letting us know the issue has been resolved for the moment. If you ever have another question, or would like to start a discussion, don't hesitate to create a new thread. We look forward to hearing more from you soon!
Thema:

1. [PC] Xbox One Elite controller working only inside "Xbox Accessories" app - Similar Threads - Elite controller working

2. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  3. Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.: I've drove myself crazy for hours, trying to figure out the issue. (In the past it was so easy, I'd power on the controller, the drivers automatically updated, and nothing else was needed) Now...
  4. My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.: while playing the Left controller wont function when I push down to use that function. how do i fix that. its only 8 months old . 9995a63b-4a8a-4090-9d1a-a3b32fec8997
  5. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  6. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...
  7. How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2: This past weekend, I was playing on my PC, as usual. Had no problems whatsoever throughout a 4 hour long session. At the end of my game session, I was noticing that my home button was unresponsive...
  8. My Xbox elite series 2 controllers expansion Port is not working what should I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controllers expansion Port is not working what should I do: I sent the controller in through the warranty I guess it was not too included in the warranty because when I got it back the expansion port still was not fixed 77df2058-537a-431f-9112-7f60d6c2e9f0
  9. Xbox Elite 2 Controller doesn’t work unless plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller doesn’t work unless plugged in: My Xbox Elite 2 controller only works when plugged in. I noticed while playing the controller would disconnect occasionally and make me sign back in. The controller works while plugged in and...
  10. Can't get two Xbox elite controllers to work for local play on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get two Xbox elite controllers to work for local play on PC.: Hi, and thanks to anyone here to help. The issue we're running into is not being able to connect and use 2 elite controllers with the USB connector dongles (one older and one new, both controllers...