PC Xbox Installer Crashing - resolved

Discus and support PC Xbox Installer Crashing - resolved in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, Had to delete the PC Xbox app after it stopped loading all of a sudden last month (games still worked, just couldn't open the app itself).... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chucklen Raven, Mar 31, 2023.

1. PC Xbox Installer Crashing - resolved

Hi there,

Had to delete the PC Xbox app after it stopped loading all of a sudden last month (games still worked, just couldn't open the app itself).

Now when I try to redownload the app through the installer (from the Microsoft store - Windows store download button is blank / not clickable), the installation will start and get about a quarter of the way through before closing with no notice or message.

Here is an image of the Windows store page (it's been like this for at least a month):

PC Xbox Installer Crashing - resolved [​IMG]

Here's what the installer looks like before it closes, always reaches the same point:

PC Xbox Installer Crashing - resolved [​IMG]

My system (Windows, graphics etc.) are all up to date, really stumped with what's wrong, can I get some help please?

**Edit** FIXED

Had to reset everything to do with Microsoft / Xbox in setting and restart PC before I could download from the store

:)

Chucklen Raven, Mar 31, 2023
  2. Chucklen Raven Win User

Have updated my initial help message to be more clear
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

install via the windows store instead.
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, Chucklen! I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry about that. Are you now able to install and play your games after resetting your PC?
  5. WildlifeSnapper1 Win User

Unable to contact Xbox Support

6. XBF Diego M Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Fechando Sozinho [Translate] Forza Horizon 4 closing alone

Hi Marlos,

I see that you are playing this on a PC and not on an Xbox One. I recommend looking at this support article I found with many known solutions to resolve FH4 crashing on a Windows 10 PC:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/forza-horizon-4-crash-on-pc-solved/

There are 10 different fixes to try on that article so definitely try them all one by one and let us know which one helped!
Thema:

1. PC Xbox Installer Crashing - resolved - Similar Threads - Installer Crashing resolved

2. How do I get my game to install fully instead of crashing every time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my game to install fully instead of crashing every time?: Brand new disc that only makes it to 3.4% and just stops after this. I have tried all the things listed before about resetting, going offline and clearing my local saved games but nothing Is it a...
  3. Minecraft installer crashes when opened reading "File system Error (-1069586941)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft installer crashes when opened reading "File system Error (-1069586941): The Minecraft launcher had been running fine until one day it started to throw this error. It seems to be associated with the gamepass even though ive never used one. I am logged into the same...
  4. Xbox app on PC crashed while installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on PC crashed while installing: I've been attempting to download the xbox app on my pc every few weeks or so, and my installing speed stops after about an eighth of the download is done. It's been bugging me for a while as I...
  5. Rocket league won’t install / update and GTA V will randomly crash a few minutes into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rocket league won’t install / update and GTA V will randomly crash a few minutes into...: There are multiple games that I have owned for many years that I’m having trouble with suddenly. One game called Rocket League tells me I need to update it to play it. Except every time the update...
  6. I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...: Hi, I installed Forza Horizon 4 on my desktop after some time to return to the series before Motorsport comes out and all my enthusiasm is almost gone because it keeps crashing after only few...
  7. When I try to install new MC launcher update, it immediately crash with code 0x80070490.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to install new MC launcher update, it immediately crash with code 0x80070490.: When I try to install new MC launcher update, it immediately crash with code 0x80070490. I can't even open my microsoft store app and Xbox app anymore. Help please. What is happening?...
  8. Installing Minecraft Launcher crash with code 0x80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing Minecraft Launcher crash with code 0x80070490: When I try to install new MC launcher update, it immediately crash with code 0x80070490 a9da8ca2-4586-4783-b312-2a4566a90f11
  9. Xbox installer keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox installer keeps crashing: I had an earlier issue with my Xbox app because it wasn't opening so i deleted it. I tried reinstalling it through the Microsoft store but the install buttons are greyed out. the Xbox installer...
  10. Flight Simulator 2020 Crashing on initial install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator 2020 Crashing on initial install: My 10 year old saved hard to purchase Flight Simulator and I am having trouble getting it to work. This was purchased separately and not part of the game pass. I can load the initial 2gb install...