PC Xbox game pass storage

Discus and support PC Xbox game pass storage in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so I'm not really very technically smart and installed the xbox games pass on the wrong storage drive, (C:) and now when I want to install a game it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KyleParfitt, Jun 30, 2022.

  1. KyleParfitt
    KyleParfitt Guest

    PC Xbox game pass storage


    so I'm not really very technically smart and installed the xbox games pass on the wrong storage drive, (CPC Xbox game pass storage :) and now when I want to install a game it installs on the wrong storage(CPC Xbox game pass storage :), how do i change the locations? I've already tried the account>settings>general>game install options, but even when I select the right drive(DPC Xbox game pass storage :), i go to install a game and it still choses to install on the wrong drive(CPC Xbox game pass storage :)

    (CPC Xbox game pass storage :) and (DPC Xbox game pass storage :) are the different drives

    :)
     
    KyleParfitt, Jun 30, 2022
    #1
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

    PC Xbox game pass storage

    Hello, KyleParfitt. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

    Do you know if your D: drive is NTFS? The Xbox App only allow games to be installed on NTFS partitions.

    - Go to Start > Computer > Right Click the D: drive > Properties.

    - In the Disk Properties window, you will see it next to File system.

    - If it is FAT32, please let me know so I can give you step by step how to convert it to NTFS.

    If it is NTFS, let's try to change the default installation drive for Windows apps:

    Go to Start (Windows Start) -> Settings -> System -> Storage -> Change where new content is saved (under 'More Storage Settings'). Change the setting "New Apps will install to:" to the drive you want to use.

    Restart your computer and see if you are able to install games on the D: drive using the Xbox App.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

    PC Xbox game pass storage

    Please be aware that changing the file system will wipe anything already on the drive
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

    PC Xbox game pass storage

    Please try to change the folder permission on your E drive:

    Press Windows + E and go to the drive where you want to install the games (in your case, it’s the D: drive).

    Locate the XboxGames folder. If it's not there, you can create it. Right-click on it and select Properties.

    Go to the Security tab and select Advanced.

    Click on Continue in the Permissions tab.

    Select Change.

    Click Advanced in the Select User or Group window, then Find now.

    Select your user account and click on Ok.

    Click on Ok and Apply on every window and close them.

    After making the changes, restart the computer and check if you can now save the games to the selected drive.
  5. KyleParfitt Win User

    PC Xbox game pass storage

    I checked the properties and it is an NTFS, and I changed where installations go, thank you, but when I try downloading a game, it still tries to install into (C:)

    The only other thing I can think of is the file, I’m not sure how to set Xbox to install into a different file because when I install it shows this
    [​IMG]


    And when I try and change where the games install it shows this.


    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
  6. SammyVS Win User

    storage on pc with games pass

    Got it. Does this happen on both the Xbox app and the Microsoft Store app?

    Could you tell me the specs of your second storage?
Thema:

PC Xbox game pass storage

Loading...
  1. PC Xbox game pass storage - Similar Threads - game pass storage

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  8. XBOX Game Pass Storage Error

    in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Game Pass Storage Error: I'm trying to install mods for Ark on the Xbox PC and as you can see in the image below, both disks have enough space to hold the list of modes. The list of modes takes up a total of 13 gigabytes...
  9. Game pass downloads to external storage

    in XboX Insiders
    Game pass downloads to external storage: I would love the feature that enables downloading of game pass games through the site (with my game pass subscription) to an external storage and then moving them to my console. submitted by...
  10. Game pass games gone but storage space still shows as used

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass games gone but storage space still shows as used: I started up xbox seris x last night. It had been several months since I last logged on. I was immediately prompted to update. After update only purchased and download games showed. Buy storage...