PC Xbox Game Pass. Starfield save files no where to be found

Discus and support PC Xbox Game Pass. Starfield save files no where to be found in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have looked through so many different files that could potentially be related to the game. The constant suggestion that I receive is that the files... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ryansverige, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Ryansverige
    Ryansverige Guest

I have looked through so many different files that could potentially be related to the game. The constant suggestion that I receive is that the files are in Documents/Mygames/Starfield.... they arent there at all. I have gone to C/users/myname/appdata/local/starfield and still nothing.... C/users/myname/appdata/local/packages and nothing.... I am becoming increasingly frustrated that I cant gain access to my saves to import them in to steam when I buy the game there. Can anyone help me to figure this out?

:)

Ryansverige, Sep 18, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

No as they are encrypted folders which arent visible to you

Nor can you modify them
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

Here are a few tips to troubleshoot your game:
    1. Check for known issues.
    2. Restart the game.
    3. Power cycle your machine.
    4. Test your network connection.
    5. Try using a different profile.
    6. Remove and re-add your profile.
    7. Clear the local save and resync with the cloud. For more details on the above kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

For known issues on Starfield, kindly visit: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/b1ac114c-7799-4946-b8f8-1c50ad5926d5

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  4. Ryansverige Win User

There are converters which Ill likely have to try. Im a bit irritared that I am unable to access those files and I feel that it almost acts as a strategy to maintain PC players on game pass... I understand there might be technical limitations, but Im also thinking that, "how is it not possible at all to provide those files in a way that are accessible". I just dont buy that they are not capable of doing that. Anyway, thank you for responding. You are the first person that provided an actual answer that makes sense.
  5. ngocphi Win User

It's an anti cheat measure

You aren't supposed to manipulate game saves that's cheating and a clear violation if the rules

If you are trying ti add mods it's not supported till 2024

And it wouldnt be your gamesaves you do it on cosmetics is game files not game saves

Fyi starfield is an online only game so no you can't upload your modded files backed up with cloud saves that will just end badly for you
  6. Sun Khou Win User

Starfield saves

Hi Tylon001

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein you want to know if you can save your game progress to your local PC storage and unto the cloud. As you were unable to locate your game save files when you try to search it on your end.

We understand, that you are quite at loss right now. As you were unable to locate the game save progress of your Starfield game. That is why we will do our best to provide you with the best possible options that you can try.

By the way, here are the steps we would like you to try:

If you want to save your game progress in Starfield from both local storage and cloud, you need to know where to find the game save files and how to back them up. Depending on whether you are playing Starfield on Steam or Xbox Game Pass, the game save file location may vary. Here are the possible locations for each platform:

• Steam: C:\Users_your_username_here_\Documents\My Games\Starfield\Saves1

• Xbox Game Pass: C:\Users_your_username_here_\AppData\Local\Packages\BethesdaSoftworks.ProjectGold_3275kfvn8vcwc\SystemAppData\wgs_string_of_numbers2

To back up your game save files from local storage, you can follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and go to the game save file location of your choice.

• Copy the entire Starfield folder or the specific save files you want to back up and paste them into another folder somewhere else. You can also rename the folder or the files to indicate the date or the mission of your progress.

To restore your game save files, simply copy the backup files and paste them back into the original game save file location.

To back up your game save files from cloud, you need to have cloud saves enabled on your platform. Steam and Xbox Game Pass will automatically sync your game progress to their online cloud servers. You can also find a local copy of your cloud saves in these locations:

• Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\click on your user number (different for everyone)\1716740 > remote > Saves

• Xbox Game Pass: C:\Users_your_username_here_\AppData\Local\Packages\BethesdaSoftworks.ProjectGold_3275kfvn8vcwc\SystemAppData\wgs_string_of_numbers

To restore your game save files from cloud, you need to have cloud saves enabled on your platform. Steam and Xbox Game Pass will automatically download your game progress from their online cloud servers. You can also copy the local copy of your cloud saves and paste them into the original game save file location.

Let me know if this helps,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. PC Xbox Game Pass. Starfield save files no where to be found - Similar Threads - Game Pass Starfield

2. How do I turn off cloud saving for Starfield on Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off cloud saving for Starfield on Game Pass?: I only have 5gb of onedrive, and I need to turn off cloud saving. I dont use it anyway and I wont be blackmailed into buying more storage that I dont want. a5104da8-f63a-4b50-82a4-235951397600
  3. Starfield on Xbox Game Pass for PC cloud saves?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield on Xbox Game Pass for PC cloud saves?: I have been having a hell of a time with Starfield for PC through the Game Pass. It seems every time there is an update to the game, when I try to start the game it instantly crashes. After hours...
  4. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Hi, I'm from Turkey. Have got games pass for pc but can't see Starfield on the list hence not able to download it. Could you help me please? 074664e4-709e-4bf6-b14a-da92459740b6
  5. game pass Starfield the output log

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass Starfield the output log: where is the output log saved in pc game pass. I have looked in the app date, documents, and the starfield folders. As when I typed in the console help it prints out part of the file then tells me...
  6. Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for...: I've been playing Starfield in the Cloud on my Xbox One since September 6. I took out an Ultimate subscription specifically for this game. I quickly noticed that when I play the game, after a...
  7. Starfield un-available on UAE xbox game pass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield un-available on UAE xbox game pass PC: I live in the UAE, Im also on PC. when I checked the games available on game pass PC, i did not see starfield or GTA 5. These are the two main games I want to play with game pass. When I checked...
  8. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Why is the game missing from the store. 436cdc95-ddd4-427f-a0dc-3a542f037032
  9. Starfield with Game Pass PC on Geforce Now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield with Game Pass PC on Geforce Now: I want to play Starfield with Game Pass PC on Geforce Now but for 2 days canT play it. It says there is a patch and after that you can play it. When the patch will be done?...
  10. xbox pc game pass saves(Starfield) to OneDrive for backup how?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox pc game pass saves(Starfield) to OneDrive for backup how?: How to script or app to backup Pc games pass save files ie (starfield) to OneDrive. The files on located at :...