PC Xbox Game bar party chat makes keyboard and mouse stop working

Discus and support PC Xbox Game bar party chat makes keyboard and mouse stop working in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a weird problem with party chat on PC. Whenever I try to start a party in the Xbox game bar or join a party, my keyboard and mouse just... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Little Craig, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Little Craig
    Little Craig Guest

Hi, I'm having a weird problem with party chat on PC. Whenever I try to start a party in the Xbox game bar or join a party, my keyboard and mouse just stop working. It looks like the keyboard actually disconnects, as the LED lighting just turns off. I don't have a clue what's causing it as it only happens with party chat. Does anyone know any solutions?

:)

Little Craig, Nov 5, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Maybe some program or service is causing this type of problem. Disable as many third-party programs as you are using on your PC and perform a clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

Also, look for Game Bar in Windows bar>right click>app settings and click ''terminate, repair and restore'', restart your PC, and test if the problem persists.
  3. JonHay2 Win User

[PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background

I am having the same issue, this used to work but now I cannot use push to talk in Sea of Thieves unless I toggle the game bar open when in an Xbox Party audio chat.

I also cannot set mouse buttons as push to talk hotkeys in the Xbox Game Bar settings, only keyboard keys.
  4. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  5. GoT My GaT Win User

Streaming Windows 10 games onto Xbox One Discussion

Yes but let's be honest, some games will never move over to xbox one. The image I am trying to paint is for example being able to stream Anno 2205 or a speciality RTS game such as starcraft 2, stream it to the xbox and actually have the use of mouse and
    keyboard to play said pc game.

Apparently though mouse support is still in the works but keyboard is already here. They are looking to make mouse and keyboard work for gaming though apparently.
  6. Ambassador Zemi Win User

Rainbow six pc and xbox

Yea it would be easier just getting it for PC if you wanted to play with mouse and keyboard. I dont believe R6S has keyboard and mouse support on xbox. But with that being said if you really wanted to play with keyboard and mouse on console you could buy
    one of those 3rd party adapters that allows you to play with keyboard and mouse on console.
Thema:

1. PC Xbox Game bar party chat makes keyboard and mouse stop working - Similar Threads - Game bar party

2. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  3. xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party: [img] I cant open group chats for fh5 in xbox game bar PC d7d5175a-8df0-4f3a-adde-1aea4ac5af2e
  4. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  5. Xbox game bar party not working due to internet

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party not working due to internet: I’ve recently had an issue with Xbox parties on PC and me not being able to connect I’ve narrowed the cause of the problem to be something with my wifi/router because I would join a party and then...
  6. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  7. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  8. My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...: It only started happening a week or two ago, but I used to be able to join parties on my game bar just fine. Now every time I try to join a party with my console friends I join to an entirely...
  9. No one can hear me in the Xbox party chat on PC unless I have the game bar pulled up, and I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No one can hear me in the Xbox party chat on PC unless I have the game bar pulled up, and I...: Whenever I join an Xbox party on my PC, I can hear all of my friends, but they can't hear me unless I have the Xbox Overlay pulled up. I have made sure I am not connected to a VPN, restarted my...
  10. I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.: Hello. I'm trying to use Xbox party chat on windows. When I have game bar open, the party works fine, but as soon as I exit game bar no one is able to hear me but I can still hear them. This makes...