PC Xbox app won't launch games

Discus and support PC Xbox app won't launch games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I click on "play" nothing happens. No errors or smth. I tried many solutions from similar topic but it's not working. Reinstall Xbox, reinstall... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by alexvor20, May 6, 2022.

1. alexvor20
    alexvor20 Guest

When I click on "play" nothing happens. No errors or smth. I tried many solutions from similar topic but it's not working. Reinstall Xbox, reinstall gaming services, update Windows using media creation tool from official site, sync the time, repair and reset the apps

But i found out the thing. If the game needs to be installed in a default folder (I believe it's WindowsApp), it launched.

Among Us example

If I download it from the windows store (that doesn't ask me about installation path), I can launch it. But if i download it from the Xbox app (that doesn't give me an opportunity to install to the default folder like Store does), the game doesn't launch.

Same thing with Microsoft Flight Simulator but it can't be downloaded from the Store so I can't play at all.

Minecraft/Asphalt 9 example

When you wanna install these games from Xbox app, it says that the game will be installed alongside the rest of your Windows app. And you know what? They perfectly launch.

:)

alexvor20, May 6, 2022
  2. BlinkyBear9905 Win User

Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ

Hello everyone,

I have a lot of issues with the Xbox App lately. Every time I restart my PC the app is broken, it won't launch unless I reinstall it. The problem is that if I was downloading a game before reinstalling the app, the game won't launch when finished downloading.

You can add to that various crashs with other game store apps since the last Windows 10 update and freezes during a restart of the PC.

Is there anybody with the same problems ?

Thanks guys.

PS. : My PC is perfectly up to date
  3. alexvor20 Win User

4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Try to create another folder on the Program Files directory. Like C:\Program Files\XboxGames. Just make sure it's inside Program Files.
  5. alexvor20 Win User

I can't change it to WindowsApp. Even taken ownership of this folder not help

[​IMG]
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Also please keep in mind that since two days ago Xbox had a major server issue which affected everything from buying/downloading games and DLCs, games asking to be purchased again, payments being refused.

Their servers are still getting back to normal and some users are complaining they're still having issues. Would you please wait a few hours to see if things get back to normal again?

If you have a Xbox console, try to play games there to see if their servers are back to normal and you can properly play games. Because until their servers get completely back to normal you will not be able to run any game on Xbox App too.
Thema:

1. PC Xbox app won't launch games - Similar Threads - app won't launch

2. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  3. Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games: I have tried everything from repairing to resetting the apps, to uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and games and still the games won't launch, specifically Microsoft owned games, like Fallout...
  4. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  5. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
  6. My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.: I have tried everything short of repurchasing game pass as it won't even let me do that. About 9pm on October 11 2023, our internet needed to be restarted. We restart the internet to find out...
  7. Xbox app won't launch after the latest update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't launch after the latest update.: The Xbox app won't launch after the latest update. When I try to open the Xbox app, the Xbox app window appears for 1 second and closes. If I restore the Windows system to an earlier restore...
  8. Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d): Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d) 5fbafbe0-7317-4873-8fea-e052c19e4e56
  9. Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,: I have a total of 7 devices associated with my Windows account after removing some old ones. I have other games on Gamepass I can play from the Xbox App. All drivers and windows files are up to...
  10. Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10: My Xbox app Xbox app won't launch after I've installed gaming services. I've tried to follow some video on YouTube but it still doesn't work. " Step 1) Logout & Login on Microsoft store, make sure...